Class Hall Campaign gated behind zone progression?

Something I've noticed and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or not but, lately I've been leveling some alts, which Legion has not been friendly to, and I'm not sure if I'm missing something but is the class hall campaign progression gated behind your progress of each zone?

I ask this because ever since the Invasions have been introduced, I'll hop on an alt when an Invasion starts and do the quests they offer so for the large XP gains they give and hop back off, while rarely ever doing the zone stuff. I'll ding 110 but I have to go back and do each zone to gain more progress in my class halls. I love this expansion, but having to do each zone just to progress is tedious and frustrating.

Is there something I'm missing or is this the route alt lovers are doomed to relive, over and over again?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't run into a class campaign gated behind zone comprehension. The overall story campaign depends on you getting the Pillars of Creation, but so far I've done four complete alt campaigns and I haven't gotten one pillar with any of them yet.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've done all of them , you don't need any zone progression. However you need that heart of light thingy for Paladin campaign.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I've leveled and finished all classes campaign except druid's, and the only thing gated behind quests is hunter's follower, where you have to finish the first part of Hemet Nesingwary quest chain.

I think on my warlock I had to stop and head to aszuna to do a class quest when I only had stormheim and highmountain unlocked. Or I think it was Val, because of the tears of line quest I needed to do

There is no zone progression for Class Hall campaigns

You may be thinking of the quest that you get at the end of the order hall campaign pointing you to finish Val'sharah if you haven't already. That's not required for the order hall campaign - it's the breadcrumb quest that begins the Balance of Power campaign IIRC.

Now that thing is one alt-unfriendly piece of shit. Why it's not BoA I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

So I guess I've been doing it wrong then since what you're all saying is that I only to worry about progressing the campaign as the quests appear in the order hall?

No worrying about finishing each zone and getting the pillar for that particular zone?

I'm gonna do backflips if that's what I'm reading. But if I'm not and sleep deprivation is setting in and I'm reading it all wrong...I'm just gonna go lay down for a bit lol

Quote Originally Posted by gako84 View Post
    So I guess I've been doing it wrong then since what you're all saying is that I only to worry about progressing the campaign as the quests appear in the order hall?

No worrying about finishing each zone and getting the pillar for that particular zone?

I'm gonna do backflips if that's what I'm reading. But if I'm not and sleep deprivation is setting in and I'm reading it all wrong...I'm just gonna go lay down for a bit lol
    Well we are glad to give you the good news. I can concur everything that has been said in this thread