What Is A "Moment of Glory"?

hỉ!
    I hear people like Preach and Bellular mention that it's important that DPS specs have what is known as a "Moment of Glory". However, I never understood what they meant? Some of the specs they mention as not having any include ret paladin, Affliction locks, and Balance druids. Wait, seriously? Pulling off great DoT management or DPS tanking to save a tank aren't moments of glory? What about timing crusade with other damage buffs for insane damage? What is a Moment of Glory supposed to be? Does anyone have any idea?
    thanks!

A Moment of Glory is having you're Cradle of Anguish fully stacked on your UHDK and popping Army of the Dead, Unborn Valk'yr, Apocalypse and Dark Transformation with 4 set and Legendary Shoulders and doing 3-4mil dps for a good 30 seconds.

Basically; having cool buff cooldowns with cooldowns that do big dick dps.

Warlocks don't have a big buff cooldown as Soul Harvest isn't baseline and Summon Doomguard is very passive as you press it then ResidentSleeper and visually unappealing. The only exciting thing Affli has going for it is Whisper's in the Dark, and praying for some procs and when that's gone it's back to be boring af.

Incarnation also isn't baseline and Avenging Wrath / Crusader has nothing else exciting you use with it to give it any oomph. You press the button and carry on with your standard rotation.

Other than UHDK having bad RNG aspects it's gameplay is really currently one of the most fun in the game. There's really impactful buttons that synergies well with each other to give an enjoyable impactful user experience.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-09-25 at 03:35 AM.

A Moment of Glory is when you have your donger in a hole and the girl on the other side takes your thick liquid surprise.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

been playing wow since 2005 and i never heard the term moment of glory for dps.

So....basically it's just a macro to pop all your CDs and go ape during a burn phase? When did we start calling it a "Moment of Glory"?

It depends on how you play the game and your own definitions of fun and excitment.

On a regular basis i do massive bursts of damage, that is not a glory moment for me.
    On a regular basis i get Loot, not allways great, but its never a moment of glory for me.
    I am now at 5 out of 9 mythic bosses. Every boss going down is a moment of glory for me. When we kill Mistress i will rejoice.

Some other people might find bosses dull and get moments of glory when crushing in pvp, or pet battles... Even in a quest when something cool happens.

A moment of glory is subjective....

Unless you are talking exclusively about dps, then a moment of glory will be when the stars align and you get to do the mlst massive amount of dps for the longest time.

P. S i play Ret, Crusade shouldnt be a moment of glory for anyone since it relies so heavily on RNG, and if you look at Meters on pull you will never see your name at the top unless you play with subpar players, or undergeared guys.
    Last edited by killwithpwr; 2017-09-25 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Added my ps

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goodboy69 View Post
    hỉ!
    I hear people like Preach and Bellular mention that it's important that DPS specs have what is known as a "Moment of Glory". However, I never understood what they meant? Some of the specs they mention as not having any include ret paladin, Affliction locks, and Balance druids. Wait, seriously? Pulling off great DoT management or DPS tanking to save a tank aren't moments of glory? What about timing crusade with other damage buffs for insane damage? What is a Moment of Glory supposed to be? Does anyone have any idea?
    thanks!
    Any reason for reposting word for word this post?

I thought I was crazy for a second.