Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should Blizzard Remove The Faction Barrier For Bnet and PvE?

Panda's are already available to both factions. They can even talk to each other cross faction. Battle.net lets you talk to your friends regardless of faction if they're on your friends list. I really wish I could play Horde....but if I did I couldn't play with my friends. Blizzard needs to take a note from every other MMO out there and just let people play whatever they want, and still be able to run raid and dungeon together. Maybe Bnet or Cross-Faction Guilds? Maybe a Reverse Mercenary System to make all my friends Horde from my perspective? I'm sick of this arbitrary red message telling me I can't play with my friends.. I thought Blizzards motto was that WoW is best played with friends? Let's also not forget that a phasing system enabling cross-faction play, could help reduce Queue times for LFR and 5mans. They already did something similar to this in PvP. Maybe expand that too, to include PvP queueing. Maybe this perspective change could help Horde win Alterac Vally and Vis-Versa.

What do you guys think? Do you wish you could play the opposite faction? Are your friends preventing you from doing so? And what do you think Blizzard can do to make things better? I don't care how prideful you are of your faction. IMO, there's nothing wrong with phasing it.

I'd be 100% be in favour of it.

I think its inevitable. Every expansion they have to dig deeper and deeper for some contrived reason for Horde vs Alliance and this expansion it lasted what... a 15 quest chain in Stormheim which they then abandoned and never mention again? Not to mention the "bad guys" we are now lining up to face makes a petty faction conflict rather silly... I'd be surprised if its not announced as a feature in the next xpac.

Deleted
    Absolutely not! This would just drive this game yet another step further towards being an extremely generic lobby game.

Differences and uniqueness are good. Streamlining just for the sake of comfort has yielded us what we have today, which is a sad shadow of what used to be a great, immersive game.

I don't see why not to be fair. Factions hardly matter now anyways.

But it wouldn't help towards queues. Both sides got the same problem, too few tanks/healers vs dps. Adding them together wont suddenly make more tanks/healers compared dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Panda's are already available to both factions. They can even talk to each other cross faction. Battle.net lets you talk to your friends regardless of faction if they're on your friends list. I really wish I could play Horde....but if I did I couldn't play with my friends. Blizzard needs to take a note from every other MMO out there and just let people play whatever they want, and still be able to run raid and dungeon together. Maybe Bnet or Cross-Faction Guilds? Maybe a Reverse Mercenary System to make all my friends Horde from my perspective? I'm sick of this arbitrary red message telling me I can't play with my friends.. I thought Blizzards motto was that WoW is best played with friends? Let's also not forget that a phasing system enabling cross-faction play, could help reduce Queue times for LFR and 5mans. They already did something similar to this in PvP. Maybe expand that too, to include PvP queueing. Maybe this perspective change could help Horde win Alterac Vally and Vis-Versa.

What do you guys think?
    Rather not. I don't mind for the sake of raiding but the rest, nah. In the end, it isn't about being like the others.

Do you wish you could play the opposite faction?
    I already can, without problems, and I do so with friends.

Are your friends preventing you from doing so?
    Nope, they aren't. We play on both sides fine.

And what do you think Blizzard can do to make things better?
    As said, think they could enable the Merc system for raiding and PvP only.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Faction barrier should be removed on RP servers only tbh.

They should make each server type more unique, like on PVP servers they have guards with lower hp and so on to promote more world pvp, on PvE realms they could do something unique and on the rp servers they could remove the barriers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really wish I could play Horde....but if I did I couldn't play with my friends.
    Sounds to me like you need to get new friends :P

Seriously though, I'd like to see this at least from a grouping standpoint and pve standpoint.

Deleted
    it would be a massive upgrade to my playing experience so I can't say I'm against it

There's really no reason why the barrier exists at this point except for the sake of it.

Its long since been overdue for them to get rid of it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    First restructure the Realm system and guild/auction house modernization before making everything 1 faction imo.

The system of realm balance and server population is ancient at this point, many things are cross realm but guilds and Auction houses are not yet.

Considering 95% of the game content can be done cross-realm, it's time for some long overdue modernizations.

RP realms can be kept in their own cluster obviously (Diffrent CRZ rules) if they make mega realms of some type.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-09-22 at 11:06 PM.

Deleted
    NO!, F the Alliance.

Deleted
    Yes.

Only the hardcore roleplayers will tell you no.

10+ Year Old Account
    All it does is takes half the playerbase and makes them uninteractible. I see no reason, seeing as we have class halls where I can see Horde, but not talk to them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yes.

Hardcore Roleplayer here, and yeeeessss. The writing to make up fighting is shit.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Yes, especially when PVE wise alliance side is totally dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    All it does is takes half the playerbase and makes them uninteractible. I see no reason, seeing as we have class halls where I can see Horde, but not talk to them?

- - - Updated - - -

Hardcore Roleplayer here, and yeeeessss. The writing to make up fighting is shit.
    I have a Class hall see Alliance but cant kill them even when i want to do that as mutch as you want to talk to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yes.

I play pretty much exclusively for RP and dismantling the faction barrier is my number one request.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I’ve been wanting cross faction everything for yearssss!! Plz blizzzzz

preserve the faction rivalry on pvp realms but allow communication and grouping, even maybe join guilds on pve servers. it would only do good for the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya at this point I end up helping and playing with just as meny horde as I do ally, I find it really Odd that I cant heal that poor troll who's getting beat to death by demons.

If they want to keep faction warfare alive do it between different interest groups or between the races, not the factions as a whole.

At this point my pally should be a lot more hostile to DK's then he is to trolls and Blood elves

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I have a Class hall see Alliance but cant kill them even when i want to do that as mutch as you want to talk to us.
    Well if you sharpen your axe, and work out your mussels, maybe one day you will finally be able to beat that gnome in single comba.... wait you weren't talking about your skills where you
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2017-09-22 at 11:34 PM.