Thread: Multi dot help

Deleted

Multi dot help

Hi guys

Looking for a bit of affliction advice regarding multi target situations like DI mythic or host. I've had a look on YouTube and around but I can't seem to find anything up to date

On di maintain dots on 2 targets then agony/corruption/ ua all the small adds? And same for host with little draining or am I missing something?

Also are there any add ons that allow you to mouse over adds to apply dots rather than tabbing them all? I have elv ui and can mouse over the boss frames for dots is there something similar for all enemies?

Thanks in advance

You can use /cast [@mouseover] as a macro modifier to make all your spells easily castable on mouseover targets. It is indeed very convenient for multi-dotting and very much recommended. You can check some lock resources on places like the WoW class forums, LOSS, or Icy Veins for useful macro templates.

As for the DI fight, generally you want to maintain DoTs on as many targets as you can AS LONG AS THEY LIVE LONG ENOUGH. How long they have to be alive to be worth DoTing, that depends on the DoT in question, and on what else you would do with that GCD. Naturally this means that targets that live longer are a higher priority - in the case of DI, that would be the bosses. Maintain DoTs on them at all times, and then spend your free GCDs spreading love to the adds. Note that at about 3+ targets, you can start using Seed of Corruption to apply Corruption rather than casting it manually (assuming, of course, you actually get to hit 3+ targets when it detonates, so be careful). You should be running Absolute Corruption on this fight, so once you've applied it once, it'll stay forever giving you one less thing to worry about.

Note also that you don't spec into Malefic Grasp on multi-DoT fights, as you have very little free time to actually drain things. You still want to whenever you can, of course, but be careful to get your priorities straight. Draining is usually a filler move, and depending on the number of targets and the amount of movement, you may have very little time to actually do it. Which is fine - most of your damage will come from the DoTs themselves. Drain-sniping to generate shards is, of course, still beneficial.

Be mindful of overcapping. Multi-DoT scenarios are a prime cause for overcapping on soul shards, and wasted shards are a huge damage loss. Not losing shards is a higher priority than DoTs in practically any scenario, so if necessary let them fall off and spam out those UAs (or SoCs) to drop shards.

Yes, keep dots rolling on everything you can, and no there is not an addon that works for all enemies. There was at the start if legion and Blizzard intentionality broke the functionality because it was deemed too easy/convenient/automated.

Deleted
    Make a macro that casts both corruption and agony with one click, that's all you need, then just tab to switch target

Deleted
    Thanks for the help guys much appreciated

The last time I was affliction I'm sure I used enemy grid and vaguely recall blizzard breaking it just couldn't remember

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Make a macro that casts both corruption and agony with one click, that's all you need, then just tab to switch target
    You can't. You can have one button that applies the two dots in sequence, but you still have to press it twice.

If you do this you'd still be wise to not use it all the time, because Agony's ramping effect makes it ineffectual on short-lived stuff, whereas corruption, particularly if you talent AC, is worth using.

As said above, for 3+ adds it's better to use Seed to spread Corruption so long as you are sure they are grouped close enough

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    considering how this macro would work it just makes things more complicated instead of easier