Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are wod raids soloable?

I didnt raid during wod and i keep seeing these pretty transmogs from wod raids.

So far I have tried highmaul on normal and it was entirely doable.

Why I'm asking is that I hear blackrock foundry has some mechanics that need more people. Is this still the case?

What about hfc?

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I didnt raid during wod and i keep seeing these pretty transmogs from wod raids.

Why I'm asking is that I hear blackrock foundry has some mechanics that need more people. Is this still the case?

What about hfc?
    My paladin routinely rocks BRF heroic solo. Sometimes Hanz and Franz will bug out on you, but that's fairly rare.

I could probably do HFC too but haven't really wanted to go for it yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Easily doable depending on class.

my 903 arms warrior has zero problems doing any WoD raid on heroic, some require a bit of planning or very basic strategy in HFC and can't be zerged but it's still easy

should be even easier if you raid at all

I solo'd highmaul mythic as ~905 Frost/Blood (depending on fight), except butcher.
    Tried BRF mythic, but I probably didn't do enough dps for some fights, never tried since then (some still aren't doable solo with every class) - heroic is easy
    Didn't try HFC yet, but norm/hero should be easy, too

Now with 930 gear, some more fights should be doable

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    My paladin routinely rocks BRF heroic solo. Sometimes Hanz and Franz will bug out on you, but that's fairly rare.

I could probably do HFC too but haven't really wanted to go for it yet.
    Out of curiosity, how do you handle blast furnace solo?

I think the caster don't have -99% Dmg below mythic (on mythic you have to MC an add, otherwise you can't purge/disspell this -99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

What about hfc?
    10man NM is soloable for all the raids. There is a DPS check on archy because you have to burn him down before he banish's you.

Anything harder will depend the class you play.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Zhira View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do you handle blast furnace solo?
    Blast furnace is only a problem on mythic where you need mind control.

Heroic you just haul an elemental next to a shaman, blow it up, then turn the shaman into wall paper paste.

So far everything except few bosses in mythic can be solo'd. Blast furnace comes to mind, unless you are a priest, you cant do Blackhand til you kill the furnace. Gorefiend unless they changed it. Archimonde needs a really tight dps check to be solo'd in mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    So far everything except few bosses in mythic can be solo'd. Blast furnace comes to mind, unless you are a priest, you cant do Blackhand til you kill the furnace. Gorefiend unless they changed it. Archimonde needs a really tight dps check to be solo'd in mythic.
    And in heroic too iirc, since once you hit 40% you have eight seconds after you get the nether debuff to finish him before it resets.
    @Morae: if you are 900-ish, you should be able to do anything on normal, pretty easily for tank specs, though there are some fights you'll want to be a DPS on.

If LFR is anything to go by, Archimonde should no longer banish you and reset, the cast goes through but nothing happens.

LFR and normal and onwards have a different mehanic, LFR sends random peeps down while normal and onwards targets main aggro holder with a circle. Last time I did it, they still had the circle.

A while ago I made a list of what class has done what bosses and updates it regularly by checking Youtube channels.
    (Disclaimer: some of this is what very geared people can do, not necessarily what everyone can do.)

But to answer your question: yes. All of them. Even Mythic Furnace(starting from 10:20).
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic Furnance can be solod, but you need a significant amount of sustain to last through the 20+ adds wailing on you phase 2 onwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

RE: Mythic Furnace
    Also, if the fight takes too long the boss will enrage and hit very hard. It's survivable as a tank, but as a DPS you'll simply have to push before enrage.
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    on HC / normal the fire elites that spawn can just be killed on the flamecasters, no need for MC

- - - Updated - - -

my 935 frost mage is able to solo all WoD raids on mythic, I need to use prydaz on some fights though, wish I had healing blink chest, would make it so much easier - I have no leech gear either and that'd be really useful. Mannoroth is very close and Archi is quite difficult but everything else is meh (obviously I can't solo mythic furnace)
    Out of curiosity, how do you do Tyrant Velhari without leech or healing? That was a huge problem for me when I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    it's very hit and miss - sometimes you'll get unlucky procs and not do enough damage fast enough, honestly I just use every consumable I can, hope for amazing procs and focus the adds as much as possible, luckily I have prydaz, 1.3 mil ice barrier and 5mil hp so that's nearly 8 m hp (prydaz and ice barrier stack) so I'm fairly tanky, plus if you're a mage make sure to be smart with your ice blocks, you can mitigate loads of damage if used at the right time
    Ah, I see - I don't really have great gear, but just DPSing her down sounds doable with great DPS.
    Actually, another question that I forgot: how did you handle HFA? Everyone who tried to do it got huge lag and got killed.

Last I checked, there were frequent transmog runs forming in group finder, and those filled fast too. I know soloing is more peaceful, but finding a handful to zerg it with you should take only a few minutes.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Mythic is soloable by hunters (all raids). You'll need decent dps for it though

Did they fix Zakuun yet? Last time I've checked Bellular's vid about soloing WOD raids he said Gorefiend was fixed but Zakuun would still despawn if you're not a pet class to leave the pet outside while he phases you into the shadow realm thingy. I had a friend who wanted a cloth mog off Zakuun so we went with 2 people just so he doesn't despawn, didn't test it for solo.

Some bosses are tricky, for example mythic Beastlord you needed to burst the wyvern phase if I remember correctly, well one of them had a nasty spell that would chain incapacitate you, so either you burst him before he casts it or you have another person to dispel it. If you are a class than can break out of disorient / incap then you can take longer I guess. But with current levels of gear bursting is probably doable even solo.

Mythic Butcher again you need crazy dps because you insta die if you get 5 stacks and that takes like 40 seconds.