Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ OP, Africa was colonised by Britain, Portugal, Germany and France amongst others. It didn't turn out so well. Maybe you should go and buy a clue before posting stupid here. Like, do you really think they'd welcome you with open arms after you try to inflict your culture and values on those that they've held for generations?

I don't even...
    Kind of interesting you take on a traditionalist and conservative argument to this - if a culture has been around for generations does that make it worth saving?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    We never did to be honest. I might not of been clear I am talking about conquering them with force and taking custody of their children in order to properly educate them and free them from their societies. This isn't a short project and viewed in the short term is monstrous.
    Right, like the Boarding School program we did to the Indians here in the United States. Yes, you little saint you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Right, like the Boarding School program we did to the Indians here in the United States. Yes, you little saint you.
    Yes that is what I am directly refering to.

Only after we slaughtered native resistance after they realized that we had no intention of freeing them, only subjugating them.
    Kind of off-topic but I'm just curious why you personally identify with those people (you say "we" slaughtered including yourself)? You should be the last to do so given your position on this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes that is what I am directly refering to.
    >.> yeah that worked zero percent of the time and was probably among the top ten worst things the United States did, but okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Kind of off-topic but I'm just curious why you personally identify with those people (you say "we" slaughtered including yourself)? You should be the last to do so given your position on this.
    Well, I am neither from here nor one of them. But hailing from an equally marginalized ethno-linguistic group, I kind of recognize in them something similar. Both are the victims of Empire.

In general I shun this sort of dispensational rhetoric of going around the world with a missionary zeal to spread the Light of Go.... I mean OUR VALUES! because gee golly they are so good and righteous that any atrocious sin committed to force the conversion of the natives is justified.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    What does your colonising look like op? Give specifics.

Only after we slaughtered native resistance after they realized that we had no intention of freeing them, only subjugating them.
    So your objection is to how the US colonized them rather than the colony on itself?

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Conquering and holding a large section of land to develop into a city from that point on forcefully moving young inhabitants into residential buildings to become wards of the state to be protected and raised with aggressive expansion of its borders after a stable generation or two of the new citizens constructing their new city.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    So your objection is to how the US colonized them rather than the colony on itself?
    How we colonized them and subjugated them is the entire problem, the act of colonization is ultimately violence. Which I suppose if you're okay with it, but don't ask to be treated like some saint for your own self centered actions.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing he or she pictures it working like this.....

Conquering and holding a large section of land to develop into a city from that point on forcefully moving young inhabitants into residential buildings to become wards of the state to be protected and raised with aggressive expansion of its borders after a stable generation or two of the new citizens constructing their new city.
    So mass murder, oppression and slavery for generations that sounds nothing like previous colonization efforts

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what surprises me more: The utter lack of knowledge of history and basic human decency by the OP or the fact that i can actually agree with every post from @Theodarzna. Nothing more to say, as she already stated all the good reasons why it was a terrible idea in the first place.

Why do some people hate freedom so much? Maybe it depends on whos freedom this is...

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Kind of interesting you take on a traditionalist and conservative argument to this - if a culture has been around for generations does that make it worth saving?
    Is your culture better or is it just a case of "might is right?"

Deleted
    Mass murder, followed by mass incarceration and slavery?

Yea I'm sure human beings will just be docile while you do this.

Tell you what if the select county(s) and their people actually want the assistance in exchange for our governance, then sure. Otherwise, it's simple invasion.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Between what Europe did via colonization and what Corporations are now doing to that continent the last thing Africa needs is more outside interference.

How about we start treating Africa like an equal business partner first and see what happens?

Mass murder, followed by mass incarceration and slavery?

Yea I'm sure human beings will just be docile while you do this.
    Slavery has nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    How about we start treating Africa like an equal business partner first and see what happens?
    How would we do that exactly... they murder people for magic. As in they believe in actual magic how do you even propose we do this?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Not sure what surprises me more: The utter lack of knowledge of history and basic human decency by the OP or the fact that i can actually agree with every post from @Theodarzna. Nothing more to say, as she already stated all the good reasons why it was a terrible idea in the first place.

Why do some people hate freedom so much? Maybe it depends on whos freedom this is...
    ".... And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Bound to happen eventually. XD

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

How would we do that exactly... they murder people for magic. As in they believe in actual magic how do you even propose we do this?
    Then creating a concentration camp / gulag that I assume will have forced labor since I am unsure the locals will enjoy you stealing their children, nor will the children adore their captors.

".... And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Bound to happen eventually. XD

- - - Updated - - -

Then creating a concentration camp / gulag that I assume will have forced labor since I am unsure the locals will enjoy you stealing their children, nor will the children adore their captors.
    I see forced labor as detrimental to be honest and I don't disguise the fact it would be horrible its weighing something truely awful versus centuries of continued neglect.

Deleted
    After you murder the locals, who is building all of this, and you want to enslave thier children.

This mental dystopian fantasy is yours alone.