Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question How Do You Wash Your Dog?

So I was washing my dog earlier tonight and afterwards it got me to thinking. Does anyone outside of my family give their dog a bath in the shower with them? My grandma gives her little dog a bath every few nights (she does it because she doesn't want him getting her bed dirty or to stink) when she takes a shower and he loves it. He just sits there until she gets done with her shower and when she gets done drying herself off she drys him off. When I used to live with my sister & her kids, I would hop in the shower with the 2 shih tzus when it came time to give them baths. I found I would get soaking wet and the dogs would try to get out of the bathtub if I did it any other way so I just stripped down & took a shower with them when the time came for it. Now with my & my boyfriend's dog, I'll hop in the shower with her & use our shower head with the hose attached to it and just "hose" her down with it while I'm fully clothed. She actually enjoys it too. She hates when my boyfriend gives her a bath because he does it in the large sink in the laundry room and she tries to escape every time. For me, she just stands there and enjoys the rub down from the shampoo and rinse off with the hose. Although tonight I stripped down & took a shower with her instead because I needed to take one too.

Which leads me to my question, how do you guys wash your dog? Do you do it with a hose in the front/back yard? Do you do it in the bathtub with a cup or hose attachment? Or do you strip down with beloved Fido & take a shower with him?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I used to shower with my pit bull. Be careful not to get your soap on them, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Yeah, I used to shower with my pit bull. Be careful not to get your soap on them, though.
    That's....disturbing on so many levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Use a shower or bathtub for my Frenchie. Special shampoo and conditioner is used because their skin is more sensitive. Lil'dawg just loves it because there is a treat afterwards.

what the... no it's just a garden hose and dog soap, or just throw it in a lake lol

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That's....disturbing on so many levels.
    He's saying that because it's unhealthy for the dog to get human soap on them.

OT, I just put my dog in the shower, get the sheets half closed. Then I just wash it while scrubbing it so I can get the dirt of the hair. Put some dog shampoo and scrub it for a good amount of time to get it everywhere and then I rinse it off, taking my time again to be certain that all the shampoo is gone. I don't put shampoo on its head, because it has sensitive ears, I just wash it a little bit.

For drying I first try to push as much water as I can with my hands. Then I use 2 towels, the first one I use before she gets out to get most of the water. Then I put the 2nd towel on the floor (the towel is about twice as big as my dog) and let her walk on it and then try to dry her as much as I can.

In general my doge is very very patient and if I put warm water she really enjoys it. After I have cleared all the shampoo I sometimes just throw warm water on her and she stays completely still because she really likes it. If she doesn't like it she just put her 2 front paws on the edge of the shower, so I know it's time to get her out.

My cat jumps in the bath after I get out which I'm sure can't be normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Get a cat. They clean themselfs. No need to wash it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little tub and the shower, we have a small dog.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    He's saying that because it's unhealthy for the dog to get human soap on them.

OT, I just put my dog in the shower, get the sheets half closed. Then I just wash it while scrubbing it so I can get the dirt of the hair. Put some dog shampoo and scrub it for a good amount of time to get it everywhere and then I rinse it off, taking my time again to be certain that all the shampoo is gone. I don't put shampoo on its head, because it has sensitive ears, I just wash it a little bit.

For drying I first try to push as much water as I can with my hands. Then I use 2 towels, the first one I use before she gets out to get most of the water. Then I put the 2nd towel on the floor (the towel is about twice as big as my dog) and let her walk on it and then try to dry her as much as I can.

In general my doge is very very patient and if I put warm water she really enjoys it. After I have cleared all the shampoo I sometimes just throw warm water on her and she stays completely still because she really likes it. If she doesn't like it she just put her 2 front paws on the edge of the shower, so I know it's time to get her out.
    Generally I don't wash a dog's head either because of the whole soap in their eyes thing or water inside their ears. But damn TWO towels? My dog gets 1 and I don't make sure she's 100% dry either. I just make sure she's mostly dry & won't get everything wet when she leaves the bathroom and runs laps around the house and rolls around on everything lol.

I misread the thread title as "how do you wash your dong".

7+ Year Old Account
    I washed my husky only once. While walking him, he found a rotting carcass and was rolling on his back over it. The stench was unbearable so I grab him and throw him to the river. Doesn't help much though.

Deleted
    Put it in the shower, wash it with dog shampoo.

with gasoline ofcourse.

I sometimes give them bathes but they have anxiety like i was dragging them to the electric chair!!

Now i just pay to let professionals do it and boy you should see the results! Well worth my money!

I have a big shower now so there. Otherwise a bathtub works too. Leashing them to something really helps.

Calm, firm and quick is my motto. I don't think it is smart to reward or pamper dogs because it becomes a very stimulating, unpleasant and overall confusing experience for them. But then again I don't have a PhD in dogcare. Also start bathing them regularly from a young age to get them used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Yeah, saliva is known to wash mud and smell really well.

I was my dog every few weeks with dog shampoo, in the tub with the shower. She loves it. ( Golden Retriever )

Deleted
    Just stick em in the shower, soap them up and hose them off. Light dry with a towel that's ready to be washed anyway and let them run themselves dry.

This is going to sound kinda.. strange.. but we take peanut butter and put a little glob on the tile we want the dog to face. Then it just stands there licking the wall while we clean it with the shower head and it makes zero fuss and by the time he gets most of it off the wall we just finish off the head and face area, grab a towel and wrestle around a little bit with the big guy to get him dry. Once done wash off the tile that had the peanut butter. Before we used this trick he was constantly jumping out, fighting the whole process, and just a pain in the dick. Once we started doing this the dog never winked at a bath again. In fact, if we pull out the jar... he will go stand in the tub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    And eventually your cat smells like food and litter. Fuck cats cleaning themselves. I have one and it needs baths and it isn't even an outdoor cat.