Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    None of that bullshit in your second run-on sentence applies to me, but are you really one of those bozos who thinks anyone who sees anything different than you, or is to the right of you, is an altright nazi? Because if so, you can see how you're really not worth any effort to have a discourse with.
    No, you don't see me calling Skroe or Crissi alt-right or Nazi. And those are posters who are clearly off the right of me.

Only when people start posting racist/bigoted shit, start fapping off to their guns above all else, or deny science that I call them that.

In the first place, the alt-right/Nazis have proven themselves incapable of discourse. Because they, like their authority figure Trump, are stubbornly intellectually dishonest.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Try reading it again. I said it was an invalid comparison. As is comparing Australia with a United States that has almost a million more square miles of landmass, 300 million more people, is far more ethnically diverse, and shares a border with a 3rd world country currently in the middle of a shooting war with the most powerful organized crime entities in the world. But yeah, you're right, gun legislation is the key difference between our countries smh.
    I'm sure the fact that there's as many guns as people in the US is less significant to the gun homicide rate than all that landmass kek.

Population is of course irrelevant as you should know by now as these are RATES.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    "Americans" mean United States residents to anyone who isn't a moron or trying to manipulate wording for their agenda.
    Do I need to quote the dictionary again?
    Definition of American

1 :an American Indian of North America or South America
    2 :a native or inhabitant of North America or South America
    3 :a native or inhabitant of the U.S. :a U.S. citizen
    4 :american english
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/American

See the order in which the meanings are listed?
    Any other questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Which are gone? .
    Freedom to get health care
    Freedom to speak your mind
    Freedom to not be in jail (1% of all US citizens are in Jail)
    Freedom to get a decent education
    Freedom from ubiquitous government surveillance

But luckily you have the freedom to get bang stills and kill people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Do I need to quote the dictionary again?
    When I was brought up, and to this day for me - America is a continent, because we used the six continent model based predominantly on geography.

I consider American <-- to be the collective noun for US citizens BUT I consider America to be the continent.

Australia -> Australian
    Canada -> Canadian
    USA -> American

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    why do people in america shoot other people up so much ?
    Easy access to guns?

I think people in an country are capable of it, but nowhere in the Western World is it so easy to get yourself a weapon.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Freedom to get health care
    Freedom to speak your mind
    Freedom to not be in jail (1% of all US citizens are in Jail)
    Freedom from ubiquitous government surveillance

But luckily you have the freedom to get bang stills and kill people.

- - - Updated - - -
    Having access to good affordable health care, while it should be a right, is not in the Constitution as a freedom per say. I will admit however, health care in the US is a disgrace, mainly due to out of control costs.

You still have the freedom to speak your mind, just not under all circumstances. Which makes sense. It would be bad for example for a teacher in a public school to say that all black people are bad and yet not expect repercussions from such statement. Should one be a school teacher if they truly feel that way?

The great majority of people in prisons and jails are there because they committed a crime. The rare person who is innocent and is there, is indeed rare. No justice system is going to be 100% error free. If 1% of US citizens are in jail, then that means simply, 1% are doing crimes which made them end up there. And under the Constitution, one is still entitled to a trial before being convicted and sent to prison or jail.

A decent education? last time I checked, funding for public schools up to grade 12 is still going on. The issue is, they are not teaching the correct subjects in schools. Trade skills, such as electricians, plumbers, mechanics should be part of that education as a choice of a specialty. But that is just a personal opinion. Once again, there is nothing in the Constitution which guarantees one to a free college degree. Which may not help them anyway.

There are laws which do limit to how far government surveillance can go. And there are many cases where judges have denied the government permission for such. In some cases it is important and needed to successfully bring some crooks to justice.

We have the freedom to defend ourselves with firearms from other people acting life threatening to us. That is how I like to think of it.

You have made some good points , yet not pointed out a single lack of any freedom the Constitution entitles us to. Granted, some issues which certainly need to be made better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    --> while it should be a right, is not in the Constitution as a freedom per say. "if you have the money, you can get it"
    --> just not under all circumstances. Which makes sense. "you can't even discuss some things, even in an academic sense"
    --> one is still entitled to a trial before being convicted and sent to prison or jail. "if you have the money"
    --> they are not teaching the correct subjects in schools. "if you have the money you can go onto a better education"
    --> There are laws which do limit to how far government surveillance can go. "which are currently ignored"
    The US is currently free for those who are wealthy - that's it.
    If you have money you can avoid jail.
    If you have money you are free to kill.

In civilised countries one doesn't need bang sticks to provide a delusion of safety.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The US is currently free for those who are wealthy - that's it.
    If you have money you can avoid jail.
    If you have money you are free to kill.

In civilised countries one doesn't need bang sticks to provide a delusion of safety.
    It is not a delusion. It is about reality. My neighbor had no delusion when he successfully defended his family from a home invasion a while back with his firearm.

less than 2 days later not a word of this on any news channel, if they wanted to make white men/women believe there is media biased against them.. then they are really doing a good job doing so.

This thread is a gem!
    Guy goes into a church, kills and maims people. “Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt before drawing conclusions.”
    Police officer shoots someone. “Get the pitchforks and torches!!!”
    MMOC never fails to entertain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    They are talking about gang violence, which severly skews the numbers because european countries don't have nearly as many street gangs or cartels. Those are the people commiting the vast majority of violence and they are also the people who wouldn't be affected by stricter gun laws.

I personally support strict gun laws, but if you look at states without gangs like Vermont they have the lowest per-capita homicide rate in the country, and they also have one of the loosest set of gun laws. You don't have to have a license or register your weapons yet for some reason they have the lowest homicide rate ... HMM I WONDER WHY, Is it maybe because there aren't street gangs roaming around killing each other? Or is it a quantum paradox?

Sources

Vermont gun laws - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Vermont

Homicide by state - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder...tates_by_state
    Wow!! DCs per capita rate!

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    This thread is a gem!
    Guy goes into a church, kills and maims people. “Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt before drawing conclusions.”

- - - Updated - - -

Unless the shooter is white, we tend to just ignore these things. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    less than 2 days later not a word of this on any news channel, if they wanted to make white men/women believe there is media biased against them.. then they are really doing a good job doing so.
    One person died from a gun shot wound. That's not really news in the US. The reason it got any news period is because it took place at a church.

I mean seriously, this thread is barely talking about it and it's the whole reason the thread was created. We have people talking about education, healthcare, and the first amendment instead. It's not a media conspiracy, it's just your conspiracy theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    None of that bullshit in your second run-on sentence applies to me, but are you really one of those bozos who thinks anyone who sees anything different than you, or is to the right of you, is an altright nazi? Because if so, you can see how you're really not worth any effort to have a discourse with.
    Honestly that poster is on the low-end tier of posters. Anything remotely right wing is a "alt-right nazi bigot xenophobe". And he often says how anything not left wing is "evil."

Not worth responding to him. Might lose some IQ points if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I guess it depends on whether you think black people have the ability to be racist to begin with.
    This isn't a serious question, right? I admit I just stumbled upon this post, but nobody is actually THIS stupid.. right?

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Uh yeah, let's take a look at the EU. Comparable size, shared borders with developing and developed nations alike, yet much lower violent crime on the whole.

Seems like your "invalid comparison" goes as far as your incredibly myopic world view. Probably as a result from subscribing too much to alt-right crazy gun-toting nonsense. Solution? Maybe refrain from taking your share of conspiracies and hysteria from the NRA.
    So if the EU gets to pretend it is a country when convenient can we claim Canada when it suits us? Just curious if you extend this drivel to both sides of the discussion. Also, quit rambling about the NRA and conspiracy theories. Nobody brought them up. This is a discussion about crime and it's causes. I understand it's hard to stay on topic when your point is falling apart, but do try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm sure the fact that there's as many guns as people in the US is less significant to the gun homicide rate than all that landmass kek.

Population is of course irrelevant as you should know by now as these are RATES.
    Population, population density, ethnic diversity, relative poverty are all extremely relevant when discussing criminality, social harmony and any other behavior for that matter. Switzerland is an extremely well armed country, but it's also small, ethnically homogenous, and very wealthy per capita. The point is, you see crime and want to blame guns, because you don't like them. Confirmation bias is a bitch, I know, but at least acknowledge there are a myriad of other variables affecting this problem that don't further your personal narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    No, you don't see me calling Skroe or Crissi alt-right or Nazi. And those are posters who are clearly off the right of me.

Only when people start posting racist/bigoted shit, start fapping off to their guns above all else, or deny science that I call them that.

In the first place, the alt-right/Nazis have proven themselves incapable of discourse. Because they, like their authority figure Trump, are stubbornly intellectually dishonest.
    That's an interesting...but mostly sad outlook on life.

Like or love guns = Nazi
    Doesn't believe in science = Nazi

So all the gun loving people who killed Nazis were Nazis?
    So all the science loving Nazis in Hitler's regime were not Nazis?

Your logic truly confounds me. Well done. I have no words left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This isn't a serious question, right? I admit I just stumbled upon this post, but nobody is actually THIS stupid.. right?
    There are actually quite a lot of people who think by their definition black people can't be racist.

Higher education is a privilege, not a right.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    What ever makes you sleep better at night

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Any education is a privilege. Being taught things is not a human right. That said, smart countries that want progress, ensure their population is taught enough to be contributing members of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    This thread is a gem!

- - - Updated - - -

benefit of the doubt? I think the conclusion is that he is a killer... the "motive" is what we don't now. He isn't getting benefit of the doubt lol.