Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    According to the link, there doesnt seem to be much here, yet. It was less then 100 emails, mostly news stories or political commentary, sent to his private email which he forwarded to his whitehouse email.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It was factually illegal. What are you on about?
    That it wasn't illegal. You're bullshitting. The FBI investigation was very clear about this; there were no legal barriers to the Secretary of State using a private e-mail server/account during Clinton's time in office. None whatsoever.

The most that came out of the investigation was that the State Department (not Clinton personally) was a little lax on handling classified material, which had nothing to do with Clinton's use of a private server.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Except you just said that they made laws afterwards to prevent this from happening again. Is it only "wrong" because they made the law AFTER she did it?

You should avoid saying "she did nothing wrong" when what you really mean is "she didn't do anything illegal at that time". What she did was dumb and ethically wrong, she's just lucky we didn't have the laws to put her ass in jail.
    This is a nonsense argument. You're falsely presuming that illegality means something is ethically/morally wrong, to suggest that breaking the new law would necessarily mean an action was ethically/morally wrong, but you won't apply that same measure in reverse, where if no such law was broken there would be no grounds, by your own premise, to claim anything was ethically/morally wrong in the first place.

It's internally inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That it wasn't illegal. You're bullshitting. The FBI investigation was very clear about this; there were no legal barriers to the Secretary of State using a private e-mail server/account during Clinton's time in office. None whatsoever.

The most that came out of the investigation was that the State Department (not Clinton personally) was a little lax on handling classified material, which had nothing to do with Clinton's use of a private server.

This is a nonsense argument. You're falsely presuming that illegality means something is ethically/morally wrong, to suggest that breaking the new law would necessarily mean an action was ethically/morally wrong, but you won't apply that same measure in reverse, where if no such law was broken there would be no grounds, by your own premise, to claim anything was ethically/morally wrong in the first place.

It's internally inconsistent.
    Comey even said it was illegal, but that it was not something they would bring charges for. Why are you lying?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Well for one unless Trump gave the Russians something or took money its not illegal. They can give him dirt just not money. Hillary also took dirt on Trump from Ukraine which is perfectly legal.

The reason the investigation has expanded so far is because they cant find anything on him so they are going after people who worked in the campaign. If they had anything it would have leaked long ago as a leaker is in the investigation staff and has leaked a few times already.
    This kind of willful ignorance is why we have a man-child in the white house. Can you think of any other reason the investigation might have expanded? Hmmmmm . . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Comey even said it was illegal, but that it was not something they would bring charges for. Why are you lying?
    Source? Back up your claim. Or are we into Phase 4 of your posting where you move on to subjects that don't require you to provide evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    According to the link, there doesnt seem to be much here, yet. It was less then 100 emails, mostly news stories or political commentary, sent to his private email which he forwarded to his whitehouse email.
    I could send thousands of emails about where we eating, etc. Or I can send 1 email implicating a major crime.

It's not about the quantity. Its about the quality. Good bet is he set this email up to send info that you want to see.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

To quote my new favorite Joo, "if you want to start winning against Trump then you need to turn the emotion down to 0 and the fact checking up to 11."

If want to come at the president then you need to come hard, otherwise you'll end up hard in the paint.

Everything else is grandstanding and virtue signaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I could send thousands of emails about where we eating, etc. Or I can send 1 email implicating a major crime.

It's not about the quantity. Its about the quality. Good bet is he set this email up to send info that you want to see.
    As far as I gathered from the article, all the messages where initiated by someone else who sent it to his private email. Look, if he ends up doing what Hillary did then he should be removed from his position and potentially tried for whatever crime he committed. So far there doesnt seem to be anything at the level of Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    To quote my new favorite Joo, "if you want to start winning against Trump then you need to turn the emotion down to 0 and the fact checking up to 11."

If want to come at the president then you need to come hard, otherwise you'll end up hard in the paint.

Everything else is grandstanding and virtue signaling.
    They tried fact checking, and Trump supporters have demonstrated they don't care about facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/k...204533082.html

Will father-in-law cry for him to be locked up as well?
    Is he illegally sending classified information?

10+ Year Old Account
    Having a private server? In point of fact, he did not say it was illegal. His comments that you're referring to regarded the lax handling of classified material in e-mail communications, a matter that had nothing to do with whether it was a government or private e-mail account. And he was clear that there was no demonstration of any intent to pass along classified information unlawfully; it was laziness, and not even by Clinton herself.

Here's the actual statement, so everyone else can just check for themselves to confirm that you're making this up; https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...-e-mail-system

Literally nothing in there condemning the use of a private e-mail server. Just mishandling of classified material, which would've been an issue without the use of a private e-mail server.

You're quick to jump to accusing others of lying, when your own claims are hogwash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Why was this post an infraction? Also, am I even allowed to ask this question?
    No, but you're not likely to get an infraction for it before being warned in any specific thread about talking about moderation. It's because he said being willfully ignorant is conservatives in a nutshell. Political flaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Not a fan of this guy, he always seems to have a holier than though shit eating grin on his face. I agree with the whole good for the goose thing, if he is using it bust his ass just like they should have done with Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    "We meme'd a shitty president into office to make people mad! Haha #winning #praisekekistan"
    The fact that you perpetuate this narrative is hilarious. How many Trump voters over the age of 28 do you think even know what a meme, let alone kekistan/pepe/Reddit/etc are?

Against rules =|= illegal.

Should just put a ban on Tijuana. It's not even that he has opposing views; he demonstrates that he is willfully ignorant, which makes it impossible to have a conversation and believe he is acting in good faith. He is, at best, attempting to misinform anyone he can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    The fact that you perpetuate this narrative is hilarious. How many Trump voters over the age of 28 do you think even know what a meme, let alone kekistan/pepe/Reddit/etc are?
    I don't think this description applies to all Trump voters, but it's pretty easy to look in the_donald and this website to see that kind of Trump voter.

Also, plenty of people in their 60s+ know what a meme is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    Should just put a ban on Tijuana. It's not even that he has opposing views; he demonstrates that he is willfully ignorant, which makes it impossible to have a conversation and believe he is acting in good faith. He is, at best, attempting to misinform anyone he can.
    There's a reason I call him the most dishonest person on the forums. Literally every post he submits here has a lie in it because of his signature, then the additional ones in almost every post he has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    There's a reason I call him the most dishonest person on the forums. Literally every post he submits here has a lie in it because of his signature, then the additional ones in almost every post he has.
    Much of what he seems to post is prosecutable as slander. Forums are also open to slander charges. If someone wanted to bring charges and mmo-champ was willing to cooperate he'd be in a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Having a private server? In point of fact, he did not say it was illegal. His comments that you're referring to regarded the lax handling of classified material in e-mail communications, a matter that had nothing to do with whether it was a government or private e-mail account. And he was clear that there was no demonstration of any intent to pass along classified information unlawfully; it was laziness, and not even by Clinton herself.

Here's the actual statement, so everyone else can just check for themselves to confirm that you're making this up; https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...-e-mail-system

Literally nothing in there condemning the use of a private e-mail server. Just mishandling of classified material, which would've been an issue without the use of a private e-mail server.

You're quick to jump to accusing others of lying, when your own claims are hogwash.
    The law in question factually has no intent standard, at all. This is well documented. Just sayin...

Pardon me for thinking that when the FBI investigates you, there is criminal behavior. I mean, maybe I am just naive because I have never been the subject of multiple (dozens?) FBI investigations over the years.

Pardon me for thinking that when the FBI investigates you, there is criminal behavior. I mean, maybe I am just naive because I have never been the subject of multiple (dozens?) FBI investigations over the years.
    Oh the irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    The law in question factually has no intent standard, at all. This is well documented. Just sayin...
    Still irrelevant, since A> it was determined by that same investigation that the evidence didn't support prosecution anyway, and more importantly, B> this had absolutely nothing to do with Clinton's use of a private e-mail server, and indeed, most of the offending e-mails in question were initiated and sent from government e-mail accounts.

Yeah, that's basically insane. You're admitting that, to you, accusation is the same as a verdict. So I assume you similarly presume that the Russians have been manipulating Trump's campaign and administration? Since, y'know, there's an FBI investigation.

So which Trump campaign officials do you agree are criminals? Or are you going to walk this claim back, too?