Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    We know a handful of demons. We are talking about the Legion. Infinite armies. Dave the Destroyer is not dead so Turalyon didn't kill anone? Pretty sure that's not how it works.

He even tells the Pit Lord he's spent a 1000 years killing his kind. And that is in-game. So it's canon.
    Well so far we haven't seen anything impressive from him. We can only go by what we've seen him do and from what we've seen him do he's weaker than Tirion.

I'd also like to point out that the whole "1000 years" thing doesn't actually mean anything. In the Warcraft universe, characters "max out" their power and then they just sort of stay there. We've seen characters like Malfurion, Tyrande, Velen, Archimonde, KJ, Magtheridon, Mannoroth etc stay almost static in terms of power for 10.000 years. If there was any kind of gain over time, even a trickle, they'd be too far ahead of anyone to even compare.

Edit: I agree that it doesn't actually make sense, but that's how it works. It wouldn't surprise me to see Anduin rival Tyrande and Velen soon, and he's got an insignificant amount of experience in comparison.
    Last edited by Maylander; 2017-09-26 at 07:30 AM.

this is not even a matter of debate anymore........ even before the 1,000 years and being lightforged Turalyon was already more pwoerful........ he's channeled the light s ostrong that even Uther was in awe and unable to move....... i mean in the tide of darkness theres a clear comparison between Turalyon and Uthor's manifestation of the light...... Turalyon's light was so strong that both enemy and friends were paralyzed which included Uther and the paladins....... Uther's light(even along the other SH paladins) didn't even really made the Orcs back away in fear like what Turalyon did....... Turalyon was the strongest with the light even before he became lightforged........ so Turalyon takes this handily

Turalyon
    "—it was brighter than the brightest day now, and every orc turned away, cowering from the blinding light"
    "And a brilliant glow sprang up around him, so bright orcs and humans alike turned away"
    "The Horde warchief grimaced and backed away a step,"

Uther
    "The orcs turned and faced their new foes. It was a brutal battle, savages versus zealots, shining mail against tattoos and piercings."

mind you Turalyon's facing fel corrupted frenzied orcs...... and they along with their commander were all scared shitless at his mere aura(doomhammer stepped back)....... this orcs were not afraid of engaging even Uther when he manifested the light in the same book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It's not fanboyism. I didn't even like Tirion. And considering Turalyon hasn't killed a single demon commander that we know of, other than the pit lord Alleria has to help him with and the fact that at full swing he can't even cut off Illidan's fingers with that light-infused paddle of his I think the Naaru probably just used him to plan battles rather than partake in them. Which I assume he does better than Tirion considering Tirion's idea of a battle strategy consists of throwing a tournament and stuffing himself with popcorn until all his forces have been killed by worthy champions. I swear he must be related to Odyn or something.

Alleria seems to be the one who does the actual fighting when it comes to Turalyon.
    Illidian held on the metal part of the blade.......... he didn't block the actual light saber.
    Last edited by xso111; 2017-09-26 at 09:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
    I'd also like to point out that the whole "1000 years" thing doesn't actually mean anything. In the Warcraft universe, characters "max out" their power and then they just sort of stay there..
    It's not about gaining power for a 1000 years. It's about, as a human, lightforged or not, surviving in the Nether while non stop battling demons and guerrilla striking Argus for 1000 years.

In comparison Tirion couldn't even survive for a mere human lifespan.

It's not about gaining power for a 1000 years. It's about, as a human, lightforged or not, surviving in the Nether while non stop battling demons and guerrilla striking Argus for 1000 years.

In comparison Tirion couldn't even survive for a mere human lifespan.
    We have no idea what he's been doing though, just like Velen, who's been doing it for 10x longer. Or rather, the general consensus is that A'dal (+ followers, including Velen) have been fleeing non-stop and Xe'ra (+ followers, including Turalyon) have been fighting the same time. However, we have no idea what that actually means. 10.000 years (or "just" 1.000 for Turalyon) is a seriously long time.

There's no way to put such numbers into a proper context. In any kind of realistic sense, they must have spent most of that time not actually fighting, as a war of attrition against an enemy that can't die would clearly be lost long, long before 1.000 years of fighting.

Deleted
    There's no way to put such numbers into a proper context. In any kind of realistic sense, they must have spent most of that time not actually fighting, as a war of attrition against an enemy that can't die would clearly be lost long, long before 1.000 years of fighting.
    Oh they certainly haven't been fighting every single day. But their evade is definitely different than Velen's escape. We do know that they have been raiding Argus occasionally from the audio drama. And even if he only battled the Legion a few times every year, he has much more experience than any other long lived character. The Nelfs haven't done shit for the 10.000 years between WotA and now. Velen has been running from every confrontation. And the demons probably just one shot everything that's not Azeroth barring very few planets.

Turalyon on the other hand has been fighting a much stronger force or sending black op (light ops? radiant ops?) to Argus. He wasn't just running, sleeping or priestessing. He has been actively surviving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uther had the belief, and basics core and power.
    Tirion had the belief, and basics core and power, as well as more living experience vs. the dead, the demons and the living, as well as being the Ashbringer.
    Turalyon had the belief, and basics core and power, as well as having remnants of being Lightforged but we don't know if immortal as Xe'ra's energy was pulled away. Turalyon as a light-infused sword of nostalgia as well.

But of the three, Uther was by the faith, Turalyon was by the might but Tirion was the only one being balanced.

Uther wouldn't get far on the list but Tirion Vs. Turalyon would be doable to a longer match but think in honest, Turalyon would prevail.

Turalyon holds 1000+ years of experience as well as less aged than Tirion.

I don't think Tirion would lose on the actual fight but would lose due to aged having affected him more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Oh they certainly haven't been fighting every single day. But their evade is definitely different than Velen's escape. We do know that they have been raiding Argus occasionally from the audio drama. And even if he only battled the Legion a few times every year, he has much more experience than any other long lived character. The Nelfs haven't done shit for the 10.000 years between WotA and now. Velen has been running from every confrontation. And the demons probably just one shot everything that's not Azeroth barring very few planets.

Turalyon on the other hand has been fighting a much stronger force or sending black op (light ops? radiant ops?) to Argus. He wasn't just running, sleeping or priestessing. He has been actively surviving.
    Right, and by that logic he should have gained a wealth of experience and power. However, Warcraft lore doesn't work that way. In a few expansions, Anduin might suddenly be the strongest character alive for no good reason other than some writer thinking it's cool then and there. Power gains and losses do not make sense whatsoever.

If there was any logic to any of this, Turalyon would make Varian look like a whelp. The difference should be huge, but if they ever met in a fight, it would probably be even, and the winner would be decided by the writer, not by logic.

Basically, we need to set aside that sort of "projection" and simply go by what little we've seen. Time and experience makes no difference here, as illogical as that is.

Deleted
    Basically, we need to set aside that sort of "projection" and simply go by what little we've seen. Time and experience makes no difference here, as illogical as that is.
    That is all well and "logical" in a twisted sort of way. But this is the Lore subforum. I would like to speculate about their power level based on everything we cal gleam not just what we can see in game.

Deleted
    Turaylon due to being light infused.

Come on, he can't even age man.. :P

Uther is the Lightbringer and only lost because he was so saddened by what Arthas had become. Dude probably would have carried us and stole so many kills if he lived.

Tirion... wtf did this pleb ever do? Nothing and he gets credit for defeating Arthas because he waited in some ice till the real heroes died and he used some stupid sword and it's stupid cliche powers to win

Turalyon... racism=win? This guy got his first big win over Doomhammer because he's a racist little shit and then after 1000 years of being a supposed badass paladin fighting demons... couldn't even cut a downed Illidan's hand with his really cool looking sword.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Turaylon due to being light infused.

Come on, he can't even age man.. :P
    By the power of cliche hot elf wife and light maguffins, he is unstoppable
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Uther is the Lightbringer and only lost because he was so saddened by what Arthas had become. Dude probably would have carried us and stole so many kills if he lived.

Tirion... wtf did this pleb ever do? Nothing and he gets credit for defeating Arthas because he waited in some ice till the real heroes died and he used some stupid sword and it's stupid cliche powers to win

Turalyon... racism=win? This guy got his first big win over Doomhammer because he's a racist little shit and then after 1000 years of being a supposed badass paladin fighting demons... couldn't even cut a downed Illidan's hand with his really cool looking sword.
    Uther disarmed and was on the verge of killing arthas before nerzhul boosted his power some more and guided frostmourne

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Uther disarmed and was on the verge of killing arthas before nerzhul boosted his power some more and guided frostmourne
    I don't recall that in the fight and someone stole my book collection so i can't check, but I'm fairly certain Uther was impenetrable to Arthas until his light faded because of his own inner turmoil and nothing to do with Arthas' power.

Deleted
    Uther is the Lightbringer and only lost because he was so saddened by what Arthas had become.
    And

Turalyon... couldn't even cut a downed Illidan's hand with his really cool looking sword.
    Come on man. Uther can be sad because Arthas has white hair, but Turalyon can't be sad/distracted when his Light Mama gets murdered right after being put back together?

I don't recall that in the fight and someone stole my book collection so i can't check, but I'm fairly certain Uther was impenetrable to Arthas until his light faded because of his own inner turmoil and nothing to do with Arthas' power.
    He won by dumb luck and nerzhul guiding frostmourne. Just like his fight with illidan in icecrown

He then faced Uther the Lightbringer, who explained that the urn held the ashes of his father, King Terenas. The two engaged in a duel with Uther initially having the upper hand, knocking Arthas down and sending Frostmourne flying from his hands. As Arthas awaited the killing blow, the sword seemed to find its own way into his hands and he was granted more power by the Lich King. The battle had began to turn in Arthas's favor and Uther, covered in blood from his wounds, fell to his knees telling Arthas he hoped there was a special place in hell waiting for him.

Wow Turalyon's part about racism was dumbest thing i ever read so far...

Uhhhh

Turalyon gave Uther the title Lightbringer after Blackrock Spire......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Wow Turalyon's part about racism was dumbest thing i ever read so far...
    Uhhh his racism is what allowed him to finally use the light...

For months he had been struggling with his faith and had been unable to wield the Light like Uther and the other paladins could. He did not understand how to reconcile the notion of the Light uniting all creatures while beings as cruel and monstrous as the orcs walked the world, but Orgrim's comment reminded him that the orcs were not of his world. Turalyon reasoned that the Light only united the creatures of Azeroth, and that creatures who did not belong there - like the orcs - could be struck down with impunity.[15

Uther is dead.

Tirion united the Argent Crusade, wielded the Ashbringer and destroyed Frostmourne, allowing us to defeat the Lich King. But he's now dead.

Turalyon, after defeating the Horde twice, sacrificed himself to seal the Dark Portal and save the whole world, then has been fighting an unending war for 1,000 years while banging a hot shadowy elven chick and being the best pal of a redeemed demon.

Turalyon wins, no contest.

And

Come on man. Uther can be sad because Arthas has white hair, but Turalyon can't be sad/distracted when his Light Mama gets murdered right after being put back together?
    Uther fought someone he loved like a son and his sadness weakened him in the fight. Turalyon just saw his god die and lashed out with rage. I was extremely disappointed in how... weak his attack was and I didn't want to be. I wanted him to mess Illidan up.