Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Muslim cosplayer who uses the hijab in her outfits

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazin...in-her-outfits
    Dania shot to fame when a photo of her dressed as Captain America in a hijab was shared around the world.
    The 22-year-old is one of a growing number of female Muslim cosplayers using hijabs and niqabs in their costumes.
    Yeah another video but I quite liked her costumes

Deleted
    That's pretty cool. I'm considering doing ti myself haha ^^.

To each their own. If it makes her happy, then what else matters. Like everyone else she has her own religious/socio-political conditioning and she has every right to express herself in this way. She probably couldn't "challenge" her family or religion if she did otherwise i.e. choose not to wear it. To be fair, she has no other choice but to wear it... It could also potentially inspire many other people out there, plus it's pretty creative.
    Last edited by Kynario; 2017-09-27 at 01:17 PM.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Guessing she would get in trouble if she removed it, still looks alright though.

Deleted
    Not sure why this is news, but cool stuff. As person above me said, nice to see something else than slutmogs though.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think she missed what freedom is about when she kept wearing a hijab... But alright, good try.

Good for her I guess. Celebrating "dress up" doesn't make much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, at least she didn't slutplay the character like most women cosplayers seem to do.
    Would get a lot more attention, and thus money, if she did. Although, she'd lose a lot of respect from people who seem to think females shouldn't dress like sluts. Which is turning out to be quite a lot of intersectional feminists and Christians(and females that are just generally the jealous type).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Not my captain America! Clinton did 911.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibang View Post
    Not sure why this is news, but cool stuff. As person above me said, nice to see something else than slutmogs though.
    It's General Off-Topic not World News

Not like she has much choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Why doesn't she?

I see people still adhere to the myth that every woman wearing a hijab or Niqab has been forced to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why doesn't she?
    Somehow I doubt there's an exception for cosplay in the rule that dictates she wear a hijab.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's General Off-Topic not World News
    There's a difference? :O

Deleted
    Why people applaud her, considering the hijab is the best example of women being surpressed in the Muslim culture. It's a sexist sign of the last century which needs to go in modern societies.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Then it must be bad.

Honestly I can see why people would like wearing a hijab. I like to wear hoodies all the time and I know it doesn't make sense but it makes you feel more protected or something when you have a cloth on your head. Or it's like I'm hiding.

Played too many stealth games.

If Steve Bannon and his mates at Breitbart sees this, they are gonna go up in rightous flames of patriotism and declare a superhero war on BBC xD
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Cool, but why should Europeans care? Keep that shit in Middle East. kkthxbb

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I see people still adhere to the myth that every woman wearing a hijab or Niqab has been forced to do so.
    Only the walking prisons then aka the burkas, cant get much more opressed then that.

Hijab looks good though.