Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Freudian slip at D3 panel - Blizzard fools us

So at the Visual effects of the Necromancer panel this 2 visual effect artists come on the stage

Among a lot of interesting thing and cool stories they tell the following information during first 5 minl:
    1.) she works at Blizzard since 3 years
    2.) her very first task, her "tool learning" project was redesigning the necromancer's bone spirit spell
    3.) just after that the guy tell us "Jane came to the team kinda late, we were about half way trough the efforts building the necromancer"

So 3 years + "half way trough" = 5-6 years?

IT TOOK THEM 5-6 FUCKING YEARS TO DEVELOP A FUCKING CLASS IN AN ALREADY EXISTING GAME?!

Maybe it was just a backburner low priority project? Come on, use some common sense.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Maybe it was just a backburner low priority project? Come on, use some common sense.
    i think it was a feature of a larger and now scrapped project IE an expansion

but they knew that they could still squeeze that community with fan service.
    no one else would consider 1 character for 15 dollars a reasonable purchase

thats a 2.99 dlc and we all know it

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post

I think a scrapped expansion makes sense with a lot of the additional D3 content, the question is why did they scrap it. I like D3 a lot, in short bursts it has no doubt been one of the most enjoyable games I've played over the last 5 years and it's annoying they have let it stagnate.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

It was a second scrapped expansion. All the new zones have been tagged like /3.0/ or something, as is necromancer files.
    They released a lot of the zones free cuz they were done, and the necro was probably done enough that why not try to get some money.

Supposedly the expansion was scrapped in favor of an entirely new D4, but we'll see in a couple years I guess.

Deleted

So you're ignoring the 100+ items and sets that go along with the character and the fact that other games give you like the 2 stash tabs (not even a skin) for 2.99.
    You're ignoring the new areas, monsters and other changes, because ... idk, they gave that away for free I guess?
    You're claiming "no one" would consider something, which is ignorant in itself.
    You're ignoring the fact the game is shit old and Blizzard never wanted more than 50€ for a game, when 60€ is standard for years now.
    And you do that full well knowing that 10 bucks is absolutely normal for a DLC containing much, MUCH less.

So yeah, it's 5$ overpriced. And you're flat out flaming anyone who buys it and gets like 30+ hours out of it.

Troll confirmed.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-11-06 at 09:16 AM.

I think a scrapped expansion makes sense with a lot of the additional D3 content, the question is why did they scrap it. I like D3 a lot, in short bursts it has no doubt been one of the most enjoyable games I've played over the last 5 years and it's annoying they have let it stagnate.
    who knows exactly, but there was bad press for diablo 3. i dont think it is a bad game overall but it doesnt fit the franchise.

heres hoping we get a diablo 4 that carries diablo 2's design philosophies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    It was a second scrapped expansion. All the new zones have been tagged like /3.0/ or something, as is necromancer files.
    They released a lot of the zones free cuz they were done, and the necro was probably done enough that why not try to get some money.

Supposedly the expansion was scrapped in favor of an entirely new D4, but we'll see in a couple years I guess.
    did you notice that they had deckard cains voice actor crete some times for the new map in overwatch?
    i dont think he was there just for that....more than likely he was already in the building.
    working on a legit diablo project to my mind

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by captmcneil View Post
    So you're ignoring the 100+ items and sets that go along with the character and the fact that other companies give you like the 2 stash tabs for 2.99.
    You're ignoring the new areas, monsters and other changes, because ... idk, they gave that away for free I guess?
    You're ignoring the fact the game is shit old and Blizzard never released a game above 50€.
    And you do that full well knowing that 10 bucks is absolutely normal for a DLC containing much, MUCH less.

So yeah, it's 5$ overpriced. And you're flat out flaming anyone who buys it and gets like 30+ hours out of it.

Troll confirmed.
    yes im ignoring half a dozen set models with varied stats

you can fanboy all you want, but thats still not worth 15 dollars.
    and by all means you can call me whatever you like.....one does need to defend ones purchases after all

15+ Year Old Account

15 bucks for a character in a game which only had 6 is a steal if you compare it to usual DLC prices on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    15 bucks for a character in a game which only had 6 is a steal if you compare it to usual DLC prices on the market.
    that statement tells me that youre exactly who that purchase was meant for.
    good day sir

15+ Year Old Account
    that statement tells me that youre exactly who that purchase was meant for.
    good day sir
    tells me about your situation
    not everbody is so poor that he has to worry about paying 15 € for a few days of fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by captmcneil View Post
    So you're ignoring the 100+ items and sets that go along with the character and the fact that other games give you like the 2 stash tabs (not even a skin) for 2.99.
    You're ignoring the fact the game is shit old and Blizzard never wanted more than 50€ for a game, when 60€ is standard for years now.

Troll confirmed.
    Orrrr... you could play PoE and have vastly more content and system changes for free whenever a major patch comes along, which is fairly regularly.

That other companies push 10$ DLC's containing even less is a sad testament to the sorry state gaming industry is in these days, not a valid argument for releasing a class for 15 bucks for a game that's 5 years old being a great deal all of a sudden. I mean, this ship has sailed since the infamous Oblivion horse armor DLC years ago, but should we be happy with these business practices? No, I don't think we should.

im 99% sure the reason they didnt have a big announcement at blizzcon for diablo is they probbaly have the team working on a big behind the scenes project and dont want to give any info until its presentable, usually how blizzard works

the question is why did they scrap it
    Diablo 4? :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Orrrr... you could play PoE and have vastly more content and system changes for free whenever a major patch comes along, which is fairly regularly.

That other companies push 10$ DLC's containing even less is a sad testament to the sorry state gaming industry is in these days, not a valid argument for releasing a class for 15 bucks for a game that's 5 years old being a great deal all of a sudden. I mean, this ship has sailed since the infamous Oblivion horse armor DLC years ago, but should we be happy with these business practices? No, I don't think we should.
    Nah, I'm good on all that. I'll stick with the game that doesn't look worse than a game made in 2000.

Also, PoE sells cosmetics, which is exactly the same thing as the horse armor you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post

Considering this game was buy to play all these years with constant support behind it, it's not that bad. (original game price + RoS price + optional necro DLC price)/5 years is like dirt cheap. My guess is that necro is a meme, so they projected more willingness from fans of the game and put it a bit above (my expectations, which were 10 bucks).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Nah, I'm good on all that. I'll stick with the game that doesn't look worse than a game made in 2000.

Also, PoE sells cosmetics, which is exactly the same thing as the horse armor you mention.
    Microtransactions in a free to play game and microtransactions in an AAA title. Apples, oranges.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it a Freudian slip?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post

F2P vs a 60 bucks + expansion+necro dlc nice comparison LUL and well u now for me Diablo 3 looks like shit even compared to D3 graphics if u like a comic style in a gritty enviremont good for u

Oh since we can't compare F2P game with AAA title why you PoE fans brought it up in the first place.

She wasn't necessarily on the D3 team immediately when she was hired, she could have been elsewhere in the company and moved to the D3 team when the Necromancer was halfway done.