Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    -snip-
    to me the true spiritual successor of D2 nowadays is Grim Dawn. I'm not saying it's inherently better - but to me it brings the spirit you had while playing D", which was to make your character stronger. There's a very good degree of customization without being so hardcore like PoE.

Anyway, gameplay suffers from the same thing that happens in all APRGs - it's just more effective to choose a main damage dealer and then support the s*** out of it, than to have a broader choice in active abilities. However the difference is that in GD you don't have an endgame that cuts out lots of options because you have stricter boundaries into which you can move.

PoE with its extreme liberty in choices makes possible to unexperienced players to create characters that are literally unusable after a while. That drives lots of people away. Anyway both PoE and GD make a way better experience than D3 hands down. really the only thing i'd save of D3 is the combat flow and animations that are fluid as hell and combat pace feels much more engaging.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah. At least one "what's next" panel should have been done. What are the plans for new seasons and what changes in balance we should expect. I suppose that all we will see will be more "increase damage by 1000x" patches to bring up other sets on par and then another broken unwanted synergy appears.
    that sounds like a panel that just ends up taking space from other more con' suited panels, the patch notes can cover those things adequately.

It's time to accept that there is no announcements for d3 atleast till next blizzcon(they are hiring people for a diablo franchise thing though, so maybe they haven't bailed entirely on the game) hence the missing "what's next" panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    that sounds like a panel that just ends up taking space from other more con' suited panels, the patch notes can cover those things adequately.

It's time to accept that there is no announcements for d3 atleast till next blizzcon(they are hiring people for a diablo franchise thing though, so maybe they haven't bailed entirely on the game) hence the missing "what's next" panel.
    LOL your dreaming - no news coming for D3 next year at Blizcon either - games dead

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    LOL your dreaming - no news coming for D3 next year at Blizcon either - games dead
    Sure - but it's well known that Blizzard is working on anew Diablo game, so we're all waiting for that at this point.

And i'm still here more excited to hear about Diablo 2: R sooner or later for 15€ like they did for BW: R than a new Diablo game.... Nostalgia boy <-----
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Sure - but it's well known that Blizzard is working on anew Diablo game, so we're all waiting for that at this point.
    your lips to my gods ears, don't get me wrong i love d3 ROS as if it were my own child.. & FWIW i will be playing a multishot DH on HC again this season - just not very actively
    Last edited by Gravity2015; 2017-10-24 at 02:01 PM.

Super disappointing I just feel like they have given up on Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    Well, they said there was no diablo at blizzcon. Nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 is likely over, you might get a patch once in a while like Diablo 2 did, but Diablo 3's time as an actively maintained and updated game is done.

I expect the next real Diablo content will come in the form of a Diablo 4 which is eta. Soon™ It isn't very likely to be for a few years as even if they are working on a Diablo 4, it's not going to be far enough along in development to be announceable.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2017-11-04 at 05:57 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks but yeah they've seemed to have given up on this. Not sure why... would have been really neat to get another expansion :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 remasters have to wait until the original games are fixed
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-2/di...aster-blizzcon

Blizzard has realized that Diablo 3 is a sinking ship. With games such as Grim Dawn (especially with the new xpac released last week) and POE around to constantly siphon off players, how can d3 even compete in it;s current state. I just hope they learn from d3 and make the next installment more like Grim Dawn, POE, and D2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Diablo 3 is a shadow of what D2 originally was, but PoE has a few features that seem a merit when you just start playing, but turn out to do the game a disservice in the end. PoE is still one of the best new ARPG's out there, but it has caveats.

1. PoE economy is a detriment. It's the worst kind of economy in existence. You need to cross-currency everything. If you're not diehard into economy, you probably should just focus on playing selffound, though no real bonuses exist.
    2. PoE's skilltree is complex and makes itself appear as a unique extremely customizable experience, but once you've made multiple builds with different chars, you'll find out that most builds are only marginal deviations from the fixed path, because math dictates the one and only best path for your class and only secondary your build.
    3. Builds that do not follow certain specific path probably end up dead in the water at end-game. In that sense it's not very noob-friendly, though (2.) has been documented so extremely well, that a lot of noob-friendly premade builds exist. Making your own unique build no one ever made before, is probably going to kill you.
    4. Never thought I would say this, but the gem system seems to actually reduce the originality of builds. Most of your build will exist of active aura's or buffs. You will likely only press one button all the frickin time.
    5. the insta-gib is great. You will get instantly dropped without knowing what happened. It will happen. Which is bad game design to me.

That said, Diablo 3 basically did everything wrong that could be done wrong as a sequal to Diablo II.
    Get outta here. the economy is the best thing about PoE. there are 30+ builds killing uber atziri, and they vary greatly. there is no one build to rule them all. i agree about the 1 active skill problem, abilities need more synergy imo. if you get instagibbed, you did something wrong. god forbid a game punish your mistakes. that being said, it rarely happens in a decent built (outside of ping spikes, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    They said almost the opposite in the small panels they had. They just filled a bunch of jobs on the Diablo team they just wouldn't say what it was for, some of the current Diablo team even said they didn't know for sure what the postings were for. There isn't breaking news for all the games all the time. There was the 1 year they didn't even do Blizzcon because of this.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 remasters have to wait until the original games are fixed
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-2/di...aster-blizzcon
    thats a bullshit answer he gave imo, if there were glaring balance issues it would have been dealt with a decade ago.
    and diablo was never in need of anything but anti-spam.

They've already handled the spammers, as of this last ladder reset (April 2017) there is not a single in game spammer or bot that messages you when you join a channel.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Brandy: Even in moments the development team becomes quiet, it doesn't mean they aren't listening to feedback or what the community is saying. The team has been evolving how they interact with the community over time. They are just people working on their passion project, and are excited about Diablo as much as the community.
    http://www.diablofans.com/news/48955...panel-overview

Something new and more to the likeness of d1 and d2.This was one of the main problems people had with D3 it was just too bright and kinda lost the spark of what Diablo is.It fell prey to what happens to most games.The publiser Activision probably thought that they could get more of an audiance if they took it in the now direction it wen't.In doing so it lost what it was.I always thought that was why the original team from D2's version of D3 was scrapped for what we got.Just sucks we didn't get any news this year.Well i guess just going to have to wait

While the lack of info/announcements concerning anything Diablo-related was disappointing, I can't say I've actively kept track of what was going to be discussed at Blizzcon beforehand.

Very disappointing indeed.