Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    Its funny that were talking about manipulating the narrative, and then you and the other libs drop great examples when you call OP mad or upset.
    I'm not a liberal, I'm a small-government conservative.

There you go, trying to manipulate the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    Its funny that were talking about manipulating the narrative, and then you and the other libs drop great examples when you call OP mad or upset.
    Of course, the standard alt right argument ''LULZ, BETA CUCK'' or ''KEK SALTY'' is not the same thing since it's true...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Only Liberals are.
    Your own president is the most easily offended and triggered person in the history of politics. Last time I checked, he was no liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    I don't find it funny. I also don't think "they did it earlier" is a justification of anything.
    But ey!, if you think that's what non-toxic upstanding citizens do, more power to you.
    are you implying that the LGBT activists are toxic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    are you implying that the LGBT activists are toxic?
    Some of them are. No need for implications.
    Are you suggesting everything they do merits mimicking? independently of its toxicity?

Quote Originally Posted by D0pamine View Post
    hey veehro .. it was a good vijyo ... it was so good i came along to help you twat morons... verbally ofcourse
    Wow... just wow.

Is there a reason OP made this post, as in recent examples of people misusing the word? Because whenever I see people use it, it would seem to absolutely fit the definition and isn't being used to simply describe someone disagreeing on something.

Basically, I'm just confused as to why this post is needed as misuse of the word does not seem to be much of an issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    When I hear "toxic" in online gaming, I think of edgy teenagers with a Dunning-Kruger outlook on their abilities yelling at and insulting both their opponents and their teammates, including those who are actually far better at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    When I hear "toxic" in online gaming, I think of edgy teenagers with a Dunning-Kruger outlook on their abilities yelling at and insulting both their opponents and their teammates, including those who are actually far better at the game.
    You must play League of Legends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Same reason they are triggered by OPs post?

So this thread is full of them?
    I'm not sure too many people were "triggered" by his post. Plenty of people enjoyed mocking him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You must play League of Legends.
    Nah, Dota 2. League sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Some of them are. No need for implications.
    Are you suggesting everything they do merits mimicking? independently of its toxicity?
    in that particular case i saw no problem. People having fun without doing anything illegal or causing harm to any one involved is ok

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Nah, Dota 2. League sucks.
    Fucking elitists

One thing that always amuses me in these threads where it shows someone who isn't the average Left-leaning person getting offended, is how throat-jumpy the usual stalwarts defenders of "We must avoid offending people"-mentality call for jokes about thin-skin and whatnots.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    One thing that always amuses me in these threads where it shows someone who isn't the average Left-leaning person getting offended, is how throat-jumpy the usual stalwarts defenders of "We must avoid offending people"-mentality call for jokes about thin-skin and whatnots.
    haven't you heard? Only progressives are allowed to get offended and use that offense for social change.

Any one else getting offended means "he is just as bad as the progressives" and should be mocked and ridiculed

So if I were to call OP a certain word that is defined as "a bundle of sticks", I shouldn't be infracted?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Who calls for people to not offend others?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    haven't you heard? Only progressives are allowed to get offended and use that offense for social change.

Any one else getting offended means "he is just as bad as the progressives" and should be mocked and ridiculed
    You sure do love to play that victim card, don't you?

Bait thread is full of bait

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Time for the thread "What the word "triggered" does not mean"?
    I guess it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    So if I were to call OP a certain word that is defined as "a bundle of sticks", I shouldn't be infracted?
    Big difference. In this example the word has two completely different uses. Nobody would use that word to get the same reaction as they would from calling you a bundle of sticks or to try and convince anyone that you actually are a bundle of sticks. Whereas words like misogynist, supremacist, racist, communist and so on... are willfully misused and having their definitions expanded, in order to use them as weapons because of the reaction most people have to those terms based on the traditional definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonatic View Post
    Big difference. In this example the word has two completely different uses. Nobody would use that word to get the same reaction as they would from calling you a bundle of sticks or to try and convince anyone that you actually are a bundle of sticks. Whereas words like misogynist, supremacist, racist, communist and so on... are willfully misused and having their definitions expanded, in order to use them as weapons because of the reaction most people have to those terms based on the traditional definitions.
    To be fair, I've never heard the word toxic being used in any of these settings...but then again I don't browse places like Tumblr so I may just be out of the loop on it.