Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Except it's not. If you actually knew anything about the Quran and the hadiths you'd know that ISIS members (especially core members) are deeply religious and follow the hadiths by the letter. Read them before you nullify yourself and stop being a cultural relativist.
    I did read it, so honestly get your facts straight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    The islamphobia is real with this thread. I mean many people 'religious or not' would beat the shit out of someone who fucked their daughter.
    And those people deserve prison for years if they acted on that.

Also, you conveniently missed the part where the father beat his DAUGHTER as well with a fucking hammer.

A father being upset about his daughter losing her virginity in his house with some rando... More news at 10...

Seriously slow news day?

Deleted
    So he was possibly a Ret Paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i assume it has some variant of "spare the rod, spoil the child" just as the bible does. if i remember correctly, that is old testament, which the quran has most of.
    Rather amusing line of argument to take, considering that the "spare the rod, spoil the child" addage actually has absolutely nothing to do with beating your children. And people wonder why religion gets such a bad rap. Maybe if people stopped fucking it up in translation, perhaps?

I was wondering how long i would be before the anti Muslim bit came...2 words it turned out. The Daily Mail link was a welcome addition though so we can be certain we did not misjudge OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Also, you conveniently missed the part where the father beat his DAUGHTER as well with a fucking hammer.
    Cant conveniently miss something that never happened. Two articles linked. NEITHER of which describes him attacking his daughter with a hammer. Maybe read the article next time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    What is going on with the world.. Convicted rapist attacking their own adult daughter because they are having sex..
    What is going on with the world? Literally fucking nothing. Well, almost. But yeah, one crazy guy attacking his daughter and her bf counts as nothing in the grand scheme of things in the human race. When this kind of thing becomes terrible news over which everyone loses their mind (and things like this and worse happen all the time), it sort of show to me how much the world is a better place than it was a few decades ago (I'm saying this intentionally to contradict your wording "what is going on with the world"). Back then, there wouldn't have even been space in the news for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Rather amusing line of argument to take, considering that the "spare the rod, spoil the child" addage actually has absolutely nothing to do with beating your children. And people wonder why religion gets such a bad rap. Maybe if people stopped fucking it up in translation, perhaps?
    Because it could also mean a few other things you can use to beat a kid? That passage isn't in the bible btw but plenty of others are. "Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell" is in the bible and it is pretty hard to misinterpret.

I was always told that "Spare the Rod, spoil the child" was a parable on proper guidance. Jesus was the Shepard. A Shepard guides his flock. The Shepard's tool is a rod, or crook, used to steer the sheep of the flock in the correct direction. Not to beat them into submission. The idea being that if you don't properly guide your kids, they will eventually end up being spoiled.

Though the whole "beat them with the rod and deliver them from evil" definitely seems appropriately old testament.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cant conveniently miss something that never happened. Two articles linked. NEITHER of which describes him attacking his daughter with a hammer. Maybe read the article next time?
    What the fuck are you talking about?

It's literally in the headline in the dailymail article - "...savagely beat his 17-year-old daughter and her secret boyfriend with a hammer..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4uGBOAaQw

I was always told that "Spare the Rod, spoil the child" was a parable on proper guidance. Jesus was the Shepard. A Shepard guides his flock. The Shepard's tool is a rod, or crook, used to steer the sheep of the flock in the correct direction. Not to beat them into submission. The idea being that if you don't properly guide your kids, they will eventually end up being spoiled.

Though the whole "beat them with the rod and deliver them from evil" definitely seems appropriately old testament.
    The word for rod could also mean club, as in the weapon. This is one of many editorial interpretations and omissions in the bible, and there are MANY. Few people have read the infancy gospels for example and it becomes clear very quickly why they have been tucked away by the Vatican if you do read them....DRAGONS!!!

Anyway, it isn't even in the bible. It is kind of the christian version of the terrorists fav 72 virgins passage ... which is not in the Koran.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    "You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, or drive a car. Hell, you need a license to catch a fish! But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father."
    - Tod, Parenthood
    How do you stop people from having kids?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

What the fuck are you talking about?

It's literally in the headline in the dailymail article - "...savagely beat his 17-year-old daughter and her secret boyfriend with a hammer..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4uGBOAaQw
    And the headline is poorly worded and misleading. If it actually followed the content of the article, it would read "savagely beat his daughter, and beat her boyfriend with a hammer." The article mentions him beating her boyfriend with a hammer and chasing him out of the house, then returning to punch and kick is daughter. Neither article ever mentions him using the hammer on his daughter.

Like I said: Maybe read the article next time. Oh wait, why bother with the effort of informing yourself when you can let the clickbait headline do all your thinking for you.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-10-01 at 02:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    And the headline is poorly worded and misleading. If it actually followed the content of the article, it would read "savagely beat his daughter, and beat her boyfriend with a hammer." The article mentions him beating her boyfriend with a hammer and chasing him out of the house, then returning to punch and kick is daughter. Neither article ever mentions him using the hammer on his daughter.

Like I said: Maybe read the article next time. Oh wait, why bother with the effort of informing yourself when you can let the clickbait headline do all your thinking for you.
    Let's accept this idea that he didn't savagely beat her with a hammer. He just savagely beat her.

Damn, what an amazing difference which really matters! God, these forums are fucking retarded.

Let's accept this idea that he didn't savagely beat her with a hammer. He just savagely beat her.

Damn, what an amazing difference which really matters! God, these forums are fucking retarded.
    Show me where anyone in this entire thread has somehow managed to overlook the fact that he beat his daughter. Go on. I will wait. Nobody has denied or contradicted this. The only retard here is the one furiously moving goalposts to attempt to cover up the fact that he got called out for not reading the article.

I am really confused why his religion is brought into this at all. Nothing he did seems to have anything to do with religious belief. I assume future articles will prepend with "a Christian man," "a jewish man," "an atheist," because apparently this is really important information to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I am really confused why his religion is brought into this at all. Nothing he did seems to have anything to do with religious belief. I assume future articles will prepend with "a Christian man," "a jewish man," "an atheist," because apparently this is really important information to know.
    Because apparently Muslims have a monopoly on being over controlling fathers who become violent with strange men they find in their daughters beds. I though everybody knew this? Southern dads with shotguns can breathe a sigh of relief, as the torch has officially been passed to a new stereotype.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    How do you stop people from having kids?
    Oh i don`t know. What happens if you drive without a license or go fishing without a license?

Quote Originally Posted by nicci View Post
    Oh i don`t know. What happens if you drive without a license or go fishing without a license?
    That's still not stopping people from having kids. So how about you, oh I don't know, use your brain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!