Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    A common misconception people seem to repeat is that just because you are smaller you would be more agile than someone who is bigger than you. Tauren even when ancient can keep up with an orc, who in turn can keep up with humans. An actual race with an advantage in agility are night elves and blood elves.
    Oh my.... this remind me stupid thread Worgen Vs Tauren.... that Worgen fanatic was insane....

OT: to be honest, i don't really like Tauren Monk, Gnome and Goblin Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Gnomes are science race while paladin/priest are mans of faith. Gnome being able to be priest is go against their science life style. IIRC Gnomes couldn't be priests in Vanilla but i may be wrong.
    If you teach someone how to play guitar, they can play guitar. It's really not that far fetched. Paladins didn't just wake up one day and apply holy magic from the schooling of priesthood and all of a sudden they were holy avengers, it was built over-time - practicing. You can teach anything to a gnome, they are mages & warlocks with vast intellect. The "light" as paladins quote, will service anyone given enough faith. End of discussion.

First giving human Horde specific class is would be very biased move from Blizzard (did you saw Orcs paladins?). Second humans yes were tribes and Arathi Highlands (homeland of first Human kingdom) do have four different Stonehenge for each type of elements. But there zero info what they worshiped elements. While they had faith in Tyr (Light - Priests).
    Shaman is not a horde specific class and nothing about shamanism is blood bound or genetic, it is a cultural teaching.

Its question who exactly retarded - you or me? And learn some lore. Your all reasoning is You can literally apply this to anything in game in some form. Zero facts and tons of headcanon.
    I know plenty about the lore, every race class combination has been explained in detail by Blizzard. if you deny their existence, despite the fact that they wrote both parts of the lore - that definitely makes you retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Imo Tauren Paladin was a big screw up
    Pretty much. I mean, really?

Deleted
    i really don't get people complaining about Undead Hunters. They were hunter in life and carried it on in death....

Blood elf warriors. Raw physical strenght? No! Also the Animations don't work at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Undead Priests: Since undead are... allergic... to Holy magic, the idea of them wielding it seems out-of-place to me.
    I mean yeah but Blizzard combined shadow cultists with the priest class so of course forsaken got priests, see also troll priests.

Undead priests. Seriously, they're the Forsaken, the light has forsaken them. It should burn them.

Troll/Tauren/Worgen druids.

They defile the noble art of druidcraft.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Tauren Paladin and Orc Mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Undead priests. Seriously, they're the Forsaken, the light has forsaken them. It should burn them.
    Shadow Priests.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    This discussion really is ridiculous.

The small tail of the Tauren will probably not affect their balance. Why would a light, tiny part of their bodies affect them this much?
    The tauren wields weapons probably twice as heavy as a gnome. A single swing would "realistically" destroy the gnome. It doesn't matter if the gnome is in full plate or even has a shield. A gnome might have quick strikes, but they have no reach, so where would they be striking? Unless the tauren forgot to put on his boots that morning, he could probably just stand there and take a barrage of gnome attacks, and not be affected. Also, hide is not paper, it's tough on its own. The only way for a gnome "warrior" to win a fight is if he's equipped with a long spear, doing hard precision strikes against a a tauren that doesn't wear armor, and is too exhausted or injured from other fights to fight back.

If I was a gnome and this was "realistic" warcraft, I would focus on learning magic, since my tiny body isn't exactly made for physical conflict.

Also, there is a reason we have weight classes in combat sports. The bigger guy has the advantage. And that's just within the same race. Think about having an MMA fight with a bear. You're gonna lose.
    It's clear to me that you can only see fights as contests of strength. You would most certainly lose against the bear if you fought it in a contest of strength, but there's a reason why we are the dominant species.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Two Words.

Tauren. Paladin.

The only reason they exist is because of the 'holy cow' meme, the so-called 'lore' behind them is strung together with sheepishly grabbed straws "Sun Druids. LOL" isn't good enough Blizzard.

BOOM! 10,000 POSTS BITCHES!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    BOOM! 10,000 POSTS BITCHES!
    Congrats on the 10K, dude.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    This rich. First you call me out for "assuming"... then in the very same line you go and do the exact same thing you accused me of doing.

The blade likely weights just as much, if not more so, than the gnome. You do the math. It's not rocket science.

I don't think I ever said that the tauren winning that fight against a gnome would be a fact (as in, happen 100% of the time). I only said it would be the most likely scenario, thanks to all the advantages the race has.
    Picard facepalm.

I am not assuming that for tails. It's what they are for in the real world...

I actually just realised that there's 2 of you carrying on this silly debate, being as your posts are so similar.

We are just gonna have to agree to disagree because this is gonna lead nowhere.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-10-06 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Picard facepalm.

I am not assuming that for tails. It's what they are for in the real world...
    I love this. You start with "picard facepalm" in your reply to me, then you write something truly worthy of the meme. Taurens are not cows. Taurens have two hands with three fingers, each. Taurens also walk on two legs. The tauren's limbs are also much thicker than the limbs of the cows.

I actually just realised that there's 2 of you carrying on this silly debate, being as your posts are so similar.
    And that, honestly, should tell you something about the position you're trying to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    There never should have been restrictions in the first place. You don't tell people in D&D "you can't make a Halfling Druid!" If someone wants to be a Vampire Cleric, or a Half-Orc/Shark Minstrel-Wizard, you *encourage* it.
    Indeed. It provokes players (and in this case, developers) to come up with far more diverse backstories and interesting lore tidbits when they have to explain unconventional class/race combinations over thoroughly predictable ones. Some of the coolest racial lore we've gotten in WoW was the new race/class combo stuff that showed up in Cataclysm, along with the unconventional combos we had earlier on like Undead Priests and Blood Elf Paladins -- combinations that forced the devs to go "hmm, how can we expand upon this culture and take a look at another side of it?" rather than just sticking in something that fit easily with no additional storytelling effort required.

The idea that certain races are just these static entities that never change or evolve just kills the storytelling potential as well. There are *so* many awesome stories you could tell, either as part of a class-specific storyline or a quest chain in the overworld, about how, say, Draenei start to dabble in demonic magic, or Forsaken warriors learn to use powers akin to those wielded by the various scourge "Paladins". It's a great way of doing racial and class lore that's tied into gameplay developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    It's clear to me that you can only see fights as contests of strength. You would most certainly lose against the bear if you fought it in a contest of strength, but there's a reason why we are the dominant species.
    Yes, we used technology, tactics, traps and usually superior numbers to kill dangerous beasts. But that's not comparable with a gnome warrior going toe to toe with a tauren warrior. I'm not saying that gnomes should be incapable of winning against taurens pr se, but they will have to rely on ranged attacks or magic in a "realistic" setting.

You know, I'm even fine that races are mostly cosmetic, and I don't hate that gnomes can roll warrior. I'm very much in favor on having very few limits in the race/spec combos. I only find it extremely irrational that "tauren paladin" is SO unheard of, while "undead holy priest" is ok, "gnome warrior" is ok, "blood elf whatever" is ok. It just seems like some sort of biased purism in here, like some people are conservative except when it comes to races they like to play.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Troll/Tauren/Worgen druids.

They defile the noble art of druidcraft.
    Turing into cats and yiffing in Goldshire?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Imo Tauren Paladin was a big screw up
    Some players seem allergic to new Lore.

WoW should just cannibalize existing Lore until it dries out, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Yes, we used technology, tactics, traps and usually superior numbers to kill dangerous beasts. But that's not comparable with a gnome warrior going toe to toe with a tauren warrior. I'm not saying that gnomes should be incapable of winning against taurens pr se, but they will have to rely on ranged attacks or magic in a "realistic" setting.

You know, I'm even fine that races are mostly cosmetic, and I don't hate that gnomes can roll warrior. I'm very much in favor on having very few limits in the race/spec combos. I only find it extremely irrational that "tauren paladin" is SO unheard of, while "undead holy priest" is ok, "gnome warrior" is ok, "blood elf whatever" is ok. It just seems like some sort of biased purism in here, like some people are conservative except when it comes to races they like to play.
    Actually, I think it's an issue with how the races are illustrated.

I still hope one day Blizzard will get rid of most combat racials and instead make each race play slightly different with each class.
    Tauren Warriors could use bullrush and horn attacks.
    Draenei and Tauren Warriors could have devastating Heroic Leaps and Thunderclaps.
    Gnome Warriors/Rogues/Hunters could have rocket/gadget-assisted mobility and attacks.
    Gnome Death Knights shouldn't exist. The Lich King would never waste resources on a gnome.

Vanilla Priests were a decent prototype for the above - each race had 2 unique spells, with dwarves and humans sharing Desperate Prayer.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-10-06 at 10:16 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Blood Elf Warriors. Too brutish for the exquisite High Elf descendants.