Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Confirmed : Otto Warmbier was NOT Tortured

Stop attacking North Korea. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Coroner’s report on Otto Warmbier shows no signs of*torture

A coroner’s report on Otto Warmbier showed no obvious signs of torture despite specific allegations made by the Ohio college student’s family, a report said Tuesday.
    The examination from the the Hamilton County coroner showed that Warmbier had a collection of “small scars” on his body, but nothing too severe, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.
    The examiner also said — despite a gruesome description of Otto’s teeth from Warmbier’s father — that the dental examination was normal.
    “The teeth are natural and in good repair,” the report said, according to the Enquirer.
    In an interview with “Fox and Friends” Tuesday morning, Fred Warmbier said Otto’s teeth were badly damaged when he returned from North Korea, where he was imprisoned.
    ADVERTISING

“It looked like someone had taken a pair of pliers and rearranged his bottom teeth,” Fred Warmbier said.

Deleted
    So we are back to the official sleeping pill theory? /facepalm

Something stinky is going on here. I don't believe for a second you are not tortured being in the situation he was in. I say bull freaking shit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    How about we'll think about not attacking North Korea if you stop lying.

"Rearranging his teeth with pliers." Seems like torture to me. Also, why was he blind and deaf upon his return? Too many rock concerts?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    "Rearranging his teeth with pliers." Seems like torture to me. Also, why was he blind and deaf upon his return? Too many rock concerts?
    That's what the father claimed. The coroner said: “The teeth are natural and in good repair,” the report said, according to the Enquirer.

I don't think that he was tortured in any confirmable way, or they would not have returned the body.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    How about we'll think about not attacking North Korea if you stop lying.

The examiner also said — despite a gruesome description of Otto’s teeth from Warmbier’s father — that the dental examination was normal.
    His fathers claim was never backed up / proven. Not saying NK didn't do some shady shit, but lets stick to what is confirmed before chasing ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Uh... I don't think it's been confirmed.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...till-a-mystery

Asked point-blank whether she had found evidence of torture, Sammarco said "the fact that he has anoxic encephalopathy or brain damage caused by the lack of oxygen to the brain, we don't know what the root cause of that is."

"We don't have enough information about what happened to Otto, that initial insult, to draw any conclusions," Sammarco added.
    This is a more accurate article The nypost website likes to make simple stories while leaving out parts.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    "no obvious signs" is not the same thing as no torture occurred. Remind me again what his capital punishment was again? Taking down a sign?
    It does acknowledge that something had happened just that it didn't appear to be as severe as we were lead to believe by his father.

We're just going to have to buckle up and see where this ride takes us.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Tortured or not...North Korea is still responsible for what happened to him. And FTR...there is no confirmation that he wasn't tortured...they just haven't found any evidence that he was.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2017-09-29 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Fox news, wtf did you expect

So the coroner performed a cursory physical exam, the parents declined an autopsy, and your take away is that this confirms... what exactly?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

There are means of torture that leave no visible scars. The US used them against al Qaeda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if any of you are parents, would you want an autopsy done if your kid died especially under extreme circumstances? Wouldn't it bring some kind of closure knowing what actually happened? Kind of a morbid question I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

I like right center websites but this is terrible. Warmbier was tortured. It's like John McCain just because he does not look at first glance does not mean he was not tortured. Plus who knows what the kid was subjected to. You do not return home and then die a few days later without some kind of issue. Secondly North korea is ramping up missles thats a fact. They have an agenda and their not cooperating like any rational person.
    Last edited by Taso; 2017-09-29 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I mean, if any of you are parents, would you want an autopsy done if your kid died especially under extreme circumstances? Wouldn't it bring some kind of closure knowing what actually happened? Kind of a morbid question I guess.
    Well, the coroner addressed this:

Sammarco said she conducted a "virtual autopsy" using extensive medical scanning and imaging. She said an actual autopsy would not have yielded more information because the brain damage occurred many months before.

10+ Year Old Account
    An american teen decides to take a trip to a hermit dictatorship country that hates americans more than any other people on earth and (allegedly) proceeds to fuck with the regime by stealing a neat memento.... It wasnt North Korea that killed poor Otto it was natural selection.
    "Alas, how terrible is wisdom when it brings no fortune to the wise"

the "crime" he committed is relatively small from our pov, but regardless a crime and nkorea's punishments are much harsher, which the nkorea government took advantage of to set an example or make use of an opportunity.

what likely happened is he broke down mentally, maybe tried to commit suicide or was really sick whatever its not the point, either he was gunna die by suicide or die in prison, the nkorea government probably thought 'hey, hes gunna die either way, why not use him for x'.
    either way its a win in nkorea's government eyes.

now ofcourse the us government is also using this as an opportunity to say whatever they want, cus 'hey, hes dead anyway, lets use him for x'
    either way its a win in us government eyes.

i don't care about either sides pissing contest, though you have to be really stupid to go to a country with such rumors and brutality, and still decide to ignore warning and rules.
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

You've got to be a fucking moron to set foot in that country in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Well that certainly would do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Huh, they didn't torture him? Maybe their reputation for torturing people is unfounded. I guess North Korea aren't all that bad after all. Time to book that holiday!

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    As the parent of two children, yes. If something happens to them, I need to know what, and why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Where was this from? Didn't see it in the Cincinnati Enquirer article, only skimmed the Post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.