Poll: Will you?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm already not playing this one. Definitely won't play the next one. The guy above me saying RNG was far worse way back is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    How is that in any way worse?
    Maths dude - a 0.5% chance at 1 chance a week vs a 0.5% chance at 100 things a week.

Which do you think is better.

Either the item drops or it doesn't, if it dropped you either win it or you don't.
    You either win the lottery or you don't - doesn't mean there is a 50% chance of winning the lottery

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    My enjoyment has never been about the numbers, and I am from the days when legendaries (real ones, not these upgraded epics) were 100% RNG based. So yes.
    When have legendaries ever been anything more than upgraded epics, in the same way than epics are upgraded rares. The game takes the item's item level, and uses its rarity to determine how much stats it has. That's why a green and a blue the same ilvl have different stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    RNG on top of RNG (like LGN)... no; RNG like it was before... yes.

P.S. Remove the TF and WF system. Instead, bring back Item Upgrades, so the player is put in control versus another RNG system.
    Exactly. One layer of RNG (=item drops or not) is enough. We already have loot lockouts to prevent players "abusing" the system and getting more loot out of a time frame. We don't need additional layers of RNG which makes people either farm things which are not exactly relevant anymore as long as they don't get a random upgrade, or make wrong things get an upgrade instead of focusing on the items which you would need. And we especially do not need the current Legendary system to continue as it is.

Yes, I'm not a hardcore min-maxer so from my point of view titanforged or a legendary is a pleasant surprise and not a must. So when I don't get it I'm not frustrated.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - the RNG was far worse way back, these days you get so many rolls of the dice that bad luck gets ironed out in the wash.

Ten years ago - you'd be lucky to have a chance at something more than once a week, let a lone win the RNG.
    I would rather wait a bit and get the item I want than constantly getting the wrong one.

Yeah I'm gonna see that math in that case where getting for instance a Talisman of Ephemeral Power from MC back in the day has a lower percentage than getting a 940 Tarnished Sentinel Medallion with a socket from ToS.
    In Vanilla you rarely got to roll, and that's the difference. Now you get a roll every time you scratch your arse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I would rather wait a bit and get the item I want than constantly getting the wrong one.
    Well, just vendor all the stuff that isn't 'good enough' for you - problem solved.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

I have no issues with the RNG
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    In Vanilla you rarely got to roll, and that's the difference. Now you get a roll every time you scratch your arse.
    That's not exactly true. Many quest items had drop chance, sometimes very low. So with some quests you would be done pretty quickly if you got lucky or would have to grind a lot of mobs if you were unlucky. Add to it many rare materials with low drop chance that you had to grind to make some items. Plus the loot system without personal loot or without tier tokens, making your chance to get a useful drop even lower.

Wasn't vanilla endgame about repeatedly running dungeons and raids for a chance to get a specific drop?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    That's not exactly true.
    It is indeed exactly true...

Nope. Way to much RNG. It became way to much of a grinder and the game is all about speed runs now. Brb spending 4 hours doing 13+ and get one piece of gear....not even a upgrade. Nah...im good. Never have I've played wow for hours and thought it was a waste of time until this system was put in place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    Nope. Way to much RNG. It became way to much of a grinder and the game is all about speed runs now. Brb spending 4 hours doing 13+ and get one piece of gear....not even a upgrade. Nah...im good. Never have I've played wow for hours and thought it was a waste of time until this system was put in place.
    No because before you didn't have any reason to play after you got all you BiS gear after 4 weeks of raiding. Now you have your BiS gear and there is still a chance you get a better one

Again. Why is that a bad thing?

7+ Year Old Account
    If next expansion will have Legion RNG then No. If Vanilla/Wotlk RNG -Yes
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

I have loved legion overall, however the fact that everyone gets legendaries takes away the legendary feel that you used to get when you actually had to put effort in to get them. I don't like the current loot system as I preferred the need/greed system but i do understand that other do like it, personal opinion :P

I'd like to see a system where legendaries require effort to get them, maybe not so much attuning and elongated quest chains as previous expansions, but to the point where every tom, dick and harry asn't got them. Like i read in a post a few weeks ago, legendaries are the new epics which is sad.

I'd also like to see Reforging come back as I felt that it allowed everyone to atleast make a crap stat on gear more benificial by changing a portion of it to a more valuable stat. Currently my toon has way to much crit and i'd prefer more mastery/haste.... again just my personal opinion...

15+ Year Old Account
    yes, I won't progress raid the first tier though if it's like in 7.0

Deleted
    Yea I'd still play. Don't mind rng can be a bit irritating when the line between viable and shit rests on 1 item but that's nothing new to the game blizz have always been terrible for balancing classes based on set bonuses and the odd item not every has over balancing the items and sets them selves. But that's a age old blizz balance problem not Im not lucky problem

7+ Year Old Account
    lets not kid anyone boys, were all gonna buy the expansion to at least try it out, and then were gonna keep playing to play with friends

im gonna play, sure, wow is better than ever why would i stop playing

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    ...or if it gets worse.

And by this I mean the increased RNG of Legion. Not the RNG we had from the beginning.
    You sound like someone who needs to GTFO and never return.

I'll play if it looks interesting.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Roleplay cares not for RNG, so yes!

Actually, I lied, RP can have RNG. Though the gameplay doesn't affect it!