Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    I didnt say I'd like to ban people from California, how dare you suggest that.

just the amount of EU lefties here is just so... I dont know... surreal
    How did you happen onto this site, so far outside your filter bubble?

gotta love HRC's "conservative" gay marriage/gun/healthcare/migration stances, oh boy oh boy oh boy
    Wtf is HRC?

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    First off: Democrats aren't left-wing
    Secondly: There is no "multiculti cultist pm" in Sweden, the PM does not even rule. The parliament does.
    by crazy EU standards - maybe, in US (especially for the last 10 years) - quite left wing.

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf is HRC?
    Hillary CLinton

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I play World of Warcraft.

gotta love HRC's "conservative" gay marriage/gun/healthcare/migration stances, oh boy oh boy oh boy
    In the real world, the world outside MAGAboys heads, even the most far right parties in Europe are at least trying to shut their mouths on gay weddings and public healthcare is something taken from granted in Germany since the times of that dangerous communist agitator, Otto Von Bismarck. And, yes, Hillary Clinton was noticably to the right of most politicians in Europe, including right ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ban evading account, money on tijuana or however you spell that sad excuse of a persons name. Takes the same stances, same posting style, same dishonest arguments.

And pops up after that other account is banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Perhaps but while Daneman might want only freedom for the (far?) right here there still may be a point.

One should be cautious demanding or allowing censorship. It is easy to be too heavyhanded with such things. Better to not censor beforehand and punish that which crosses some lines (for example inciting riots, slander/libel (civil court issue though) etc)) but let people speak before you take away their voice.

Or so i would think
    But this is no beforehand censorship. They just need to remove flagged shitposts after they have been reported (and thus, made).

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Ban evading account, money on tijuana or however you spell that sad excuse of a persons name. Takes the same stances, same posting style, same dishonest arguments.

And pops up after that other account is banned.
    Nope, i was banned since september 1 till October the 3rd for "trolling" that why maybe you dont know me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitheach View Post
    Progress is a constant, standing on the wrong side of history isn't going to win you anything. Freedom for Racists is regression and must be stopped if society is to move forward.
    Prioritizing feelings over actual rights is infantile. What you're talking about is effectively thought policing and is regressive in nature. But then you've already shown your grasp on reality to be tenuous, so /shrug.

I disagree, I'd rather have something I have in input into controlling the limits of them than some company from half the world away. I trust my government which I vote for a lot more to make sensible rules than I trust, say, Google or Facebook.
    Remember how their algorithms spread the rumours about that random guy someone accused to have been the shooter in Las Vegas? How the news was pushed unchecked and without any indication that it was just a malicious lie connected to that name? Why does something like that happen? Because filter bubbles make them money, and that is all they care for.
    Not sure what you're going on about. Private companies don't make laws. They do, however, make the rules as it pertains to their private property. I mean, if you don't like the content, don't visit the web site. You've no actual rights in regards to accessing private servers.

Nope.
    That over-generalisation is not always true.
    Introducing a law to ban murder and setting up law enforcement after a civil war is "progress" but it dimishes "individual freedoms of mass murderers".
    Apples and oranges airplanes. We're not talking about laws that protect people's rights, we're talking about laws that violate them. There is no right to not be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I know the usual suspects...
    The usual unintelligible garbage.

In Europe, you can pretty much say anything you want, except racial slurs. And, a point that evade a lot of people here, courts tend to be very light handed.

(Dieudonné, one of those ''FRADOM OF SPUCH'' victims that the alt-right would not like and thus want to shoot (he have good aryan values, like hating Jews, but he is black and his audience are French young muslims) have been sentenced, with over 10 trials lost over racial slurs, to around 250 000 euros of fines....)

I have a very blunt question : do MAGAboy think that we really need someone else parroting Nazis ''arguments'' ?

One, it's not new. Two, I can assure you that, as French realized it even before WW1, all this drivel about ''inferior races'' is not as fun when you are one categorized as one the inferior races...
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-10-04 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    The usual unintelligible garbage.
    Pretty much a summary of your entire post.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But this is no beforehand censorship. They just need to remove flagged shitposts after they have been reported (and thus, made).
    There is a nuance here

Before being convicted of libel or slander you still will get a day in (civil) court
    Before being convicted for inciting riots you still will get a day in court

What is proposed here is not a day in court, no recourse, no defense, only a claim something is hate speech (and maybe algorithm some day later but for now its still a button?) and then it is gone

Edit: Technically what is proposed here is that Facebook more swiftly follows said hate speech claim with removal
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2017-10-04 at 06:03 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the real world, the world outside MAGAboys heads, even the most far right parties in Europe are at least trying to shut their mouths on gay weddings and public healthcare is something taken from granted in Germany since the times of that dangerous communist agitator, Otto Von Bismarck. And, yes, Hillary Clinton was noticably to the right of most politicians in Europe, including right ones.
    Why should the political spectrum in Europe be used as the standard for other countries ?

Europe is not the center of the world anymore

In Europe, you can pretty much say anything you want, except racial slurs. And, a point that evade a lot of people here, courts tend to be very light handed.
    Nope.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech#Sweden

Sweden prohibits hate speech, and defines it as publicly making statements that threaten or express disrespect for an ethnic group or similar group regarding their race, skin colour, national or ethnic origin, faith, or sexual orientation.

Also, insulting someone is illegal.

http://www.government.se/contentasse...penal-code.pdf

Section 3

A person who vilifies another by an insulting epithet or accusation or by other infamous conduct towards him, shall be sentenced, if the
    act is not punishable under Section 1 or 2, for insulting behaviour to a fine. If the crime is gross, a fine or imprisonment for at most six months shall be imposed.

Crimes mentioned in Sections 1-3 may not be prosecuted by other than the injured party. If, however, the injured party notifies the crime for prosecution, and if for special reasons prosecution is considered necessary in the public interest, a prosecutor may prosecute for:
    1. defamation and gross defamation,
    2. insulting behaviour towards a person exercising, or for the
    exercise of, his or her duties in office,
    3. insulting behaviour towards a person with allusion to his or
    her race, colour, national or ethnic origin or religious belief, or
    4. insulting behaviour towards a person with allusion to his or
    her homosexual inclination

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Why should the political spectrum in Europe be used as the standard for other countries ?

Europe is not the center of the world anymore
    Guess what : the USA is not either.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    if people (firms) want to go to foreign countries they should abide by their laws!

right guys?
    So much for an open and free internet.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess what : the USA is not either.
    Nobody is saying it is.

But when talking about American politics (or of any other country), makes no sense using the political spectrum of another country as standard, instead of the local political spectrum.

So, it does not matter if democrats would be considered right wing on Europe, since its an american party and by their standards is considered a left wing party.

Its like trying to use american "metrics" to define european politicians and parties. It would make no sense for them because it would be completely out of context.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    The establishment hates that they've lost control of the narrative. For years they've programmed us with mass media. Who determines what's hate speech and what isn't? Don't agree with mass migration, you're now silenced. Go against any official narrative, you could be silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    The establishment hates that they've lost control of the narrative. For years they've programmed us with mass media. Who determines what's hate speech and what isn't? Don't agree with mass migration, you're now silenced. Go against any official narrative, you could be silenced.
    Between 1939 and 1945, the MAGAboys forefathers made enough open calls to murder and extermination to justify a millenium or two of them being told to shut the frack off. It was EXACTLY ''fradom of spuch'' as conceptualized by the alt-right : freedom to obey orders given by their Aryan masters, freedom to call for the execution of anyone disagreeing with you, freedom to report your competition as un-Aryan and get deported.

And again, the 1939-1945 ''cumplex politikal upinions'' (mostly OBEY ARYAN MASTERS and KILL INFERIOR RACES'') were lies peddled by the Germans to make their slaves more obedient.

Between 1939 and 1945, the MAGAboys forefathers made enough open calls to murder and extermination to justify a millenium or two of them being told to shut the frack off. It was EXACTLY ''fradom of spuch'' as conceptualized by the alt-right : freedom to obey orders given by their Aryan masters, freedom to call for the execution of anyone disagreeing with you, freedom to report your competition as un-Aryan and get deported.

And again, the 1939-1945 ''cumplex politikal upinions'' (mostly OBEY ARYAN MASTERS and KILL INFERIOR RACES'') were lies peddled by the Germans to make their slaves more obedient.
    What are you blabbering about?

What are you blabbering about?
    MAGAboys glorious ancestors had twelve years in which they had all the ''FRADOM OF SPUCH'' they keep screaming about. They had 12 years in which they were paid by the Nazis to squeak their message (always a variation of KILL DUH DJEEEEEEEWS). As they spent those years oinking about the execution of anyone who disagreed with them were usually listened by their Nazi masters, I'm not going to cry over a basement dweller screaming that he can't express his ''political views'' (KILL EVERYONE A SHADE DIFFERENT THAN ME SO I CAN GET LAID).