Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Trump dedicates golf trophy to hurricane victims

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ricane-victims

If this was fiction, I would criticize the writing for Trump's character being too one-dimensional.

It's an onion article come to life.

I'm sure the people of Puerto Rico will appreciate it when they get their power back in 3 months.

I'm sure that's very useful to the victims. But, atleast he didn't pardon some more racists to honor the hurricane victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The man's comedic value is priceless at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you feel better if he didn't dedicate the trophy to anyone? The guy braved the horrors of New Jersey, to win a grueling round of golf. Does he put the trophy on his mantle? No! He gives it to those that ne... can us... appreciate the gesture! How many actual golfers did that? Did Tiger Woods? Did Tiger Woods stand for the anthem?! Did Harold Varner III stand for the anthem or donate a trophy?!

Figure I post it as a joke, before Trump supporters say it seriously.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    The Room had better writing than this shitshow.

And this is definitely not from an episode of SNL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Are we sure it is not just an elaborate joke ?
    Even for Trump's incredible standards it seems over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And this is definitely not from an episode of SNL?
    It does sound like a punchline. I can hear the studio audience laughing.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am unaware of the etiquette in those circumstances but my understanding was that you can dedicate something that you ear, made or won. You can dedicate to people that helped you in your life, people close to you, or people in need of recognition and spotlight. I can for example dedicate a book i wrote, a degree i get or a trophy i won. Trump only presented the trophy, so is it his place to dedicate a trophy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    I am unaware of the etiquette in those circumstances but my understanding was that you can dedicate something that you ear, made or won. You can dedicate to people that helped you in your life, people close to you, or people in need of recognition and spotlight. I can for example dedicate a book i wrote, a degree i get or a trophy i won. Trump only presented the trophy, so is it his place to dedicate a trophy?
    That is not the problem.

The problem is that Trump administration took a lot of time to intervene in Puerto Rico and is currently considered insufficient. The POTUS intervention is expected yet he is busy golfing, dedicating a golf trophy instead of actually helping to solve the situation quickly, adding insult to injury.

Is it contempt, idiocy or provocation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'm sure that's very useful to the victims. But, atleast he didn't pardon some more racists to honor the hurricane victims.
    Didn't he want to do so and pardon two border patrol guys, who shot a drug smuggler and were sentenced during the Bush administation, and their sentence was commuted during the Bush era as well?

He'd better save up some trophies for Vegas now I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    It does sound like a punchline. I can hear the studio audience laughing.
    That's not the audience. That's the roughly 200 countries of Not the USA.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    My eye literally twitched

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    That is not the problem.

The problem is that Trump administration took a lot of time to intervene in Puerto Rico and is currently considered insufficient. The POTUS intervention is expected yet he is busy golfing, dedicating a golf trophy instead of actually helping to solve the situation quickly, adding insult to injury.

Is it contempt, idiocy or provocation ?
    Idiocy.

Hanlon's Razor. "Never attribute to malice that which can be sufficiently explained by stupidity."
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I never knew you could dedicate a trophy you were giving to someone else to something.

I can't wait for the Baftas "And best Actor goes too...but first, I would like to dedicate this award to me mum...".

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Idiocy.
    it really completely baffles me.

It's not like it's super hard to know how to properly react when confronted with such loss of human life, be there a terrosist attack, an act of nature or anything. You just empathize with the victioms, show spiritual support and above all, whatever you do, do not attack victims.

I am no diplomat, that is not my job, but i would know how to react. Something in the line of "on behalf of the people of the USA, i want to share my deepest sympathy for the people of puerto rico that have being hit by such a terrible strategy" something along those line.

How can this president cannot comprehend just simple empathy? he's like a stereotype of a cartoon villain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    he's like a stereotype of a cartoon villain.
    Well yeah... the Trumps literally stole money from war widows and orphans. Yet people still voted for him.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-