The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You're literally saying, "gun control isn't the solution" while arguing for a type of gun control. Like seriously, are you just blindly typing here?
    And you are just blindly reading what you want to see. I am saying this type of tragedy does have solutions which could have helped prevent it. The shooter was legally allowed to have firearms. If the hotels over looking the grounds was gun free. He would not be allowed to take guns into it would he? I am not against any gun control laws. We have several here in Ohio.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Right. Increased gun control/restrictions and reducing people carrying weapons.

I agree with that. You didn't, in earlier posts. That's the point.
    And we disagree. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Yes yes we should because its our second amendment rights.

If you take out the number of murders with illegal guns on the streets of chi/st louis/ect...... and take out the Suicide numbers of people who would probably just kill themselves with something else if they couldn't get a gun... the numbers of actual crimes/deaths commited with legally owned guns are not at all that high.. Compared to the amount of crimes stopped by store owners with guns.. or a woman with a gun in her purse shooting a rapist stopping her from getting raped. The amount of good that guns do don't sell well on CNN.
    That bolded part does nothing for the argument. What are the merits of the 2nd A? What does it regulate/allow? Is it still relevant in our society?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If it was filed with the police, yeah. There are many cases which a firearm have been used as a deterrent to a crime and not reported. I know of some myself. The biased media likes to distort data to fit their agenda. Such as counting suicides in firearm deaths.
    Why would it not be reported? Why would a law abiding citizen not report such a thing to authorities?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    And you are just blindly reading what you want to see. I am saying this type of tragedy does have solutions which could have helped prevent it. The shooter was legally allowed to have firearms. If the hotels over looking the grounds was gun free. He would not be allowed to take guns into it would he? I am not against any gun control laws. We have several here in Ohio.

- - - Updated - - -

And we disagree. lol!
    Wait, so you're against gun control and high rates of gun ownership?

Because every argument you've been making has been for the reverse.

Deleted
    Americans are too cowardly to give up thier guns after this, just like Sandy Hook.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this topic is certainly going to polarize the situation even more when you have some US politicians seriously considering what our Government here in Australia did back in 1996 after the Port Arthur massacre..

Could be that people are starting to get sick and tired of it all, when you have had a rise in mass shootings over the last ten years or so, and you are spending billions of dollars a year on the issue from the medical side to law enforcement and the justice system then you have a problem..

Only time will tell if something is done or just swept under the rug like every time before..

Well Said.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Taking all bets. How many more times will this get posted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Well this topic is certainly going to polarize the situation even more when you have some US politicians seriously considering what our Government here in Australia did back in 1996 after the Port Arthur massacre..

Could be that people are starting to get sick and tired of it all, when you have had a rise in mass shootings over the last ten years or so, and you are spending billions of dollars a year on the issue from the medical side to law enforcement and the justice system then you have a problem..

Only time will tell if something is done or just swept under the rug like every time before..
    grexly, you have to get the money incentive out of it first. These pathetic greedy bastards can't do it because none of them are going to willingly cut off their own gravy trains and cushy gov't positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Taking all bets. How many more times will this get posted?
    I hope it gets posted a million times and all over the web. It needs to be seen just like the many other messages out there that do.

Shit needs to change.

Another one that people should watch as well.

The way things are current needs to change.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-10-03 at 04:26 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

shooter planned all this up premeditated which should be the worst punished criminals this guy is just as famous as Timothy McVeigh.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I hope it gets posted a million times and all over the web. It needs to be seen just like the many other messages out there that do.

Shit needs to change.

Another one that people should watch as well.

The way things are current needs to change.

He's got an interesting message. However, it's funny to hear from a guy who has constantly bashed the President to finally say something descent about him in regards to this specific issue. Not sure how seriously I would take this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    He's got an interesting message. However, it's funny to hear from a guy who has constantly bashed the President to finally say something descent about him in regards to this specific issue. Not sure how seriously I would take this guy.
    This makes zero sense? Why would you not take what he said serious on a issue like this? As for him "saying something decent" he was saying the president said something needs to be done, Now lets see the president do something about this. Like he said if he wants to Make America Great Again then he should do something that the last 2 president's couldn't.

Fuck sides, It doesn't matter if you are Dem,Rep,Independent or whatever. This is a issue that needs to be addressed and the dick waving contest needs to be set aside to fix it.

We've been trying the "pray, but do nothing" method for awhile now. It's perfectly reasonable for people to call for action even if it is a talk show host.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    We've been trying the "pray, but do nothing" method for awhile now. It's perfectly reasonable for people to call for action even if it is a talk show host.
    Right.

I guess some forgot talk show hosts are human as well, they have family's and live here just like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    He's a comedian, so take him as seriously as you want. But his and Kimmel's sincerity is due to the incident. They are not going to be cracking jokes at a time like this.

And before any should bash anyone, try to at least come up with a valid reason to doing so.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    What is there to research? I hear this a lot and people don't seem to understand the talking point they are saying.
    Its causes, where it's most prevalent, and then statistically analyzed research with government resources to establish a means to address the issue.

Because otherwise it's just partisans pontificating about it. Which is what we have now. And obviously mass shootings and gun crime are still a thing that happens on a regular enough basis.

Or are those "part and parcel" of living in the United States?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Hey guys can we not use the immediate hours following this tragedy to politicize everything?
    how long is enough time to wait to "talk about it" because every event thats part of the standard spiel "thoughts and prayers, but this isn't the time to talk about it" and then swept under the rug till the next event and it repeats.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    grexly, you have to get the money incentive out of it first. These pathetic greedy bastards can't do it because none of them are going to willingly cut off their own gravy trains and cushy gov't positions.
    And that is the problem where money is involved no one wants to make a stand because if they do they lose out.. On a side not was listening to one of my local radio stations here talking about it and they had some dude on, who pointed out how after something like this happens shares in the gun companies go up..

Really makes one think what the hell is going on sometimes..

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    He's a comedian, so take him as seriously as you want. But his and Kimmel's sincerity is due to the incident. They are not going to be cracking jokes at a time like this.

And before any should bash anyone, try to at least come up with a valid reason to doing so.

I don't have a problem with idea behind the message, and or him personally. However, like I stated, I'm not sure the message will validate itself coming a guy who has used *comedy* to constantly bash the President while imploring for him to make a change for the better.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2017-10-03 at 05:30 AM.

i think stephen Paddock will be another tim mcveigh accept tim used explosives; which are regulated just as much as machine guns are.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”