Quote Originally Posted by Urgamanix View Post
    Who gives a flying monkey toss if this guy is left, right, extremist, liberal, conservative, white, black, gay, has a beard, eats cereal for breakfast or whatever?

Guns kill innocent people. Ban gun sales and start a process where over time guns are reduced and eliminated.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah sure Kimmel was crying his eyes out about guns, not about the senseless loss of life. Were you dropped on your head at birth?
    If he wanted to shed some alligator tears for senseless loss of life he would do multiple shows about how alcohol killed 3 times more people than guns did. You seem slow to grasp the concept bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Yes they will keep dying. People only care when it happens by guns and gets big shocking press coverage. When people are killed nearly 3x more in alcohol related deaths where are all the forum posts? Wheres John Stewart pleading about doing something about drunks? Wheres Kimmel crying to have limits put on alcohol or banning it out right? When car accidents kill a ton of people there are no posts, theres no one pleading to put governors on vehicles to limit how fast they can accelerate or limit top speeds.

Why?

Because YOU and everyone else don't actually care about people losing their lives.
    YOU only care about limiting/banning guns because you have an axe to grind with the part that supports it or you don't care for guns so you don't think anyone should own them.
    But you probably drink or do on occasion and don't want that infringed on even though it would save lives.
    You probably speed on occasion or don't want your ability to drive inhibited in anyway even though it would save lives.
    Nope YOU, Kimmel, Stewart...ect just don't give a shit about actual lives you only care about the guns.
    You know John Stewart has been off the air for years now?

And you seem oddly focused on him and Kimmel for some reason. It's strange.

Alcohol is not created and designed specifically to kill people. Guns are. Stupid attempt at an argument.
    No guns are designed to fire a projectile in an accurate fashion at a target. Not all targets are people. Guns have a lot of applications.

Alcohol does nothing but degrade every aspect of a person, and has no positive use. It also kills more people.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel sorry for you guys trying to equate alcohol drinking and deliberately killing + injuring 500 people with a gun. You must be really, reeeallly desperate to keep your guns with nonsense arguments like that.
    I'm not desperate because no one is going to take our guns. I am pointing out the hypocrisy that rears its head every time someone is killed by a gun and it gets press coverage.

No guns are designed to fire a projectile in an accurate fashion at a target. Not all targets are people. Guns have a lot of applications.

Alcohol does nothing but degrade every aspect of a person, and has no positive use. It also kills more people.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not desperate because no one is going to take our guns. I am pointing out the hypocrisy that rears its head every time someone is killed by a gun and it gets press coverage.
    Yeah but that does sound a bit desperate.
    Last edited by Aggrophobic; 2017-10-03 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    You know John Stewart has been off the air for years now?

And you seem oddly focused on him and Kimmel for some reason. It's strange.
    Ya sorry it was Seth Meyers. They are basically the same person though.

- - - Updated - - -

You're looking pretty desperate to me making irrational and nonsensical arguments. So by your logic we should ban both alcohol and guns because they are both bad, fine with me. Don't cry too much when it happens.
    I'm not the one saying "we have to do something" again that was you and your ilk. I just pointed out how piss stupid that line of thinking is and also how hypocritical it is.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Everything has multiple applications, you can murder people with a lot of stuff. Main application of a Gun is to shoot a living being. You cannot deny that.

Nice try but when was the last massacre with Alcohol ?

The logic of gun lovers...no they end up killing dozens of innocent people.

I just cant understand why people would defend guns so much even after so many killings.
    Last edited by Ryxxi; 2017-10-03 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryxxi View Post
    Everything has multiple applications, you can murder people with a lot of stuff. Main application of a Gun is to shoot a living being. You cannot deny that.

So you prove my point. It doesn't matter that in 2016 alcohol killed nearly 3 times more people than guns. It just matters that it was guns.

So you prove my point. It doesn't matter that in 2016 alcohol killed nearly 3 times more people than guns. It just matters that it was guns.
    You just want to deflect. This thread has ZERO to do with alcohol and how many have died by it. If you want to talk about that then go make a thread for it.

Also by ur logic both is bad so both should be removed, I personally would be 100% fine with that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You just want to deflect. This thread has ZERO to do with alcohol and how many have died by it. If you want to talk about that then go make a thread for it.

Also by ur logic both is bad so both should be removed, I personally would be 100% fine with that.
    we can argue about stronger gun restrictions till we are blue in the face, the matter is it is not likely to change with our current 2 party system. And even if they were fully banned, we would never be able to remove the ones in america currently, we would never be able to stop new ones from being smuggled in we are not comparable to australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

People were talking about senseless loss of life and guns aren't the number one cause of that.

I'd be fine giving up guns as long as everything that kills more people is also banned, and everyone is disarmed- including police, all government agency's, and the military while on US soil. Not really fair to disarm civilians while Clinton and other politicians get teams of armed men and live in ivory towers.

Alcohol is not created and designed specifically to kill people. Guns are. And alcohol is regulated as well as the ability to drive while drunk. Seems alcohol is more tightly regulated than guns in some states.

Stupid attempt at an argument.
    People use that argument but in the same way I could say a steak knife is designed to kill people so lets ban them too as to the 2nd part you need a background check for alcohol in which states?....

Guns serve a purpose... For example when my grandfather owned a restaurant as I said he used to at the end of the day transport $2000-20,000 dollars in cash to the bank.... alot of times this was done late at night after closing to the banks buisness deposit box... he always carried a small think it was a 9mm with him. Their business was right on the Detroit city line and he told the story about one day someone tried to rob him with a knife as he opened his truck door to get in... He grabbed his 9mm and that little fucker ran like his ass was lite on fire.... Who knows if my grandfather would have been hurt/killed/ect over that money if he didn't have that gun with him. We can argue semantics all day.. Full auto guns like the one used in this shooting are illegal already in all 50 states.... Start prosecuting people selling conversion kits and doing a better job of mental health in our country.

Or if the pictures linked earlier are true Start prosecuting these media outlets that have agged on the violent protests around our country. and created this divide in the country that has led to shit like this... I said it two months ago that eventually the way CNN is acting towards republicans someone is gonna go out and shoot up a toby keith concert and CNN was gonna be to blame.. If those pictures end up true I wasn't far off.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-10-03 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    The NRA went mental when Harlon Carter came in. A convicted murderer who was involved in lovely stuff like Operation Wetback.

So now the NRA retards parrot this freedom narrative created and pushed by an extremist child murderer. No wonder mass murders still occur when your cult leader was a violent facist. Enjoy your gun cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryxxi View Post

I just cant understand why people would defend guns so much even after so many killings.

Moadar does have a point. Alcohol isn't a firearm, but alcohol itself has been known to be behind many drunk related and other types of deaths. With that said, I can see why he would be concerned on why there's not more of an outcry about alcohol control from people like celebrities, talk show host, and others just to name a few.

https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-he...and-statistics

Alcohol-Related Deaths: An estimated 88,0008 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States. The first is tobacco, and the second is poor diet and physical inactivity.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2017-10-03 at 07:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    Moadar does have a point. Alcohol isn't a firearm, but alcohol itself has been known to be behind many drunk related deaths. With that said, I can see why he would be concerned on why there's not more of an outcry about alcohol control from people like celebrities, talk show host, and others just to name a few.

https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-he...and-statistics

Alcohol-Related Deaths: An estimated 88,0008 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States. The first is tobacco, and the second is poor diet and physical inactivity.
    How many of those 88000 people are people who drank the alcohol themselves and died because of their own actions, and how many are murders where the murder weapon was the alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    How many of those 88000 people are people who drank the alcohol themselves and died because of their own actions, and how many are murders where the murder weapon was the alcohol?

Not sure what that has do with the statment I made. Guess you should read it a little closer to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafe...factsheet.html

In 2015, 10,265 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (29%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.

Of the 1, 1,132 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2015, 209 (16%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver.1

You can argue semantics all you want but if we banned alcohol 10,265 more people would be alive and not violently killed by a DUI driver.

Not really fair to disarm civilians while Clinton and other politicians get teams of armed men and live in ivory towers.
    Is this a legit argument that most Americans feel holds true? I constantly hear that the struggle over 2nd amendment rights is in order to prevent government tyranny, is that genuinely people's concern here? "It's not fair that some people get to have guns and not everyone"?

Sounds so incredibly childish from over here; but we live in a different culture I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Yeah people should just learn to get a little shot like they get a little drunk. Guns and alcohol are totally the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    Haha, smoking is more damaging than the poor diet and inactivity. I bet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    You can argue semantics all you want but if we banned alcohol 10,265 more people would be alive and not violently killed by a DUI driver.
    You can tell from the threads on here when it comes up that society doesn't view drinking and driving as "intentional manslaughter" because 'it was an accident'.

Yeah peoples values when it comes to drinking and driving are completely fucked; and the laws and punishments (at least in the UK) are pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You can tell from the threads on here when it comes up that society doesn't view drinking and driving as "intentional manslaughter" because 'it was an accident'.

Yeah peoples values when it comes to drinking and driving are completely fucked; and the laws and punishments (at least in the UK) are pathetic.
    Thats because they don't care that people die as long as they get to have their good time drinking it up.