Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    50 dead, where was swat?
    SWAT isn't a team of superheroes. What more could they have done after someone opened fire at a densely-packed concert?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Exactly. The worst (oikophobic) lefties are probably celebrating right now. Perfect opportunity to generalise and spew their hatred of white people into the ether again.

Nice picture of Kvarforth by the way. That is Kvarforth, right?
    No its not. It's a video game character from Call of duty ghosts. It does look like him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Exactly. The worst (oikophobic) lefties are probably celebrating right now. Perfect opportunity to generalise .
    Sweet irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    MMOC just proving it's just a cesspool of the worst kind of people right now. Deadliest mass shooting in US history and 90% of the people here acting like complete asshats. Mourn for the victims and their families/loved ones and keep your fucking political speculations out of this.

There is so much ignorance coming out of some people here that it's sickening.
    Don't get me wrong, people dying senselessly sucks, but I don't KNOW the victims or their families. Yeah, it's shitty that they died, but what more can I say or do for people I don't know or never knew aside from feel that it's a sad thing that happened to them?

Just because people are (naturally) turning to speculation, it does NOT mean they don't care that innocent people died. You made that assumption yourself. Just because the thread isn't full of condolences it does NOT mean people here are cold and heartless. You assumed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I didn't celebrate it. I offered my condolences and sorries when this happened. There is nothing we can do but discuss this.
    I didn't say you did, I said "You're just as bad as the people celebrating this as a political victory"

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    SWAT isn't a team of superheroes. What more could they have done after someone opened fire at a densely-packed concert?
    Well i just woke up after pulling a all nighter so i i dont know what went down, good they killed his ass though.

My question wasn't a question. It was to prove another point.

You proved no other point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very interested to hear people opinions about this.

Which is worse. Mass shootings like this or terrorist attack where a truck driver runs down 5-10 people?
    It all depends a group that is organized and move with a single purpose are more dangerous in volume. But in individual cells or lone wolfs probably more dangerous sporadically.

I guess I would compare it to death by a 1000 cuts vs one large piercing Strike. It could depend on where a group hits. Breaking up and covering more than one area.

However if you do enough damage in a seemingly random fashion you can do more damage get less notice and by the time it's too late what ever the target is will bleed to death.

Both are bad but in this context Mass shootings because it's harder to do something about a threat you can't see.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It isn't a tragedy ... a natural disaster is a tragedy.

This is an abhorrent crime against the innocent people in Vegas. The fact nothing will be done to address the issue, is another abhorrent crime.
    What issue can be addressed? How can one ban weapons that are already banned?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Forget that. They’re trying to turn into a fucking partisan issue.
    I would like to act surprised but

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    1 person dead or 100, it's still a tragedy.
    1000 or 10000 dead and we are approaching a statistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgamanix View Post
    As long as idiots continue to rule your country and idiots continue to support gun rights, innocent people will die. Finito, full stop, end of story. But I guess it is OK as long as it isn't the idiots dying. As as long as those who have brains lazily do nothing about the issue instead of going to the streets, they can not be absolved of blame either.
    So then how do we go about removing all guns in america?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    As long as idiots continue to rule your country and idiots continue to support gun rights.
    A blast to the past from Paris:

"But if they had guns the outcome would've been better!"

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    50 dead, where was swat?

Hope they find the lady to was involved to.
    SWAT busted down his door and killed him. Even if their response was ten minutes, which would be ungodly fast for a SWAT response, a suspect can still fire thousands of rounds in that time. Did you watch the video with the initial salvo, I heard what wounded like 50-70 rounds in about 10 seconds.

Let’s not jump to conclusions on the shooters motivations. It’s far too early I’m sure the police will release more info as the day goes on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    What issue can be addressed? How can one ban weapons that are already banned?
    You know the gun that was used?

As long as idiots continue to rule your country and idiots continue to support gun rights, innocent people will die. Finito, full stop, end of story. But I guess it is OK as long as it isn't the idiots dying. As as long as those who have brains lazily do nothing about the issue instead of going to the streets, they can not be absolved of blame either.
    You cannot ban weapons that are already banned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    What else is there to discuss really. Just everyone shaking their heads and saying "what a tragedy"?
    If the only thing people can 'discuss' is argue about the adequate term then perhaps they should avoid adult conversation. Theorise sure but arguing?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    SWAT busted down his door and killed him. Even if their response was ten minutes, which would be ungodly fast for a SWAT response, a suspect can still fire thousands of rounds in that time. Did you watch the video with the initial salvo, I heard what wounded like 50-70 rounds in about 10 seconds.
    Yeah very impressive and glad they took his ass out. And yeah you can kill a ton of people really fast if you want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    But hey guys, the deaths were mostly averted because everyone is allowed to carry guns and those members of the public definitely defended themselves, that's the beauty of having no ban on gu.... oh, wait.
    Don't bother trying to reason with Americans and their idiotic logic that "without guns, how will people defend against guns?". They still don't seem to understand that shooting someone from concealment or with the surprise advantage before they can retaliate renders that argument utterly useless. We can show them literally days and days of statistics showing how gun crime is DRASTICALLY lower in other countries and they'll still be in denial.

[Infracted - Nation-bashing/baiting]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-10-02 at 02:51 PM.