Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    We won't do anything about guns, we won't do anything about mental health because the only thing conservatives seem to want to do is pray.
    What do people want us do about mental illness at this point? That is far from an American problem, mental illness is a problem literally everywhere. Right now mental illness is extremely over diagnosed, and when diagnosed, the only solution is drug people to the point that they can barely function. I mean, we could always pull the "people with mental mental illness have no rights" card, and stuff them into mental health facilities like the 1900s-1970s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It should be, before its forgotten, a lot more than 50 people will die if attention is taken off that disaster. Trading one calamity for another.
    There are other threads for that. This thread is specifically about the Las Vegas mass shooting. Dont bring in off topic discussions

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It should be, before its forgotten, a lot more than 50 people will die if attention is taken off that disaster. Trading one calamity for another.
    It's not like the relief efforts that are happening right now (National Guard/Army/Navy support) are going to stop providing aid on the drop of a note and bring all of the resources back to the US with them to Nevada. It is best to keep to topic of the events last night/this morning.

On topic I have not seen nearly as much negativity towards the President that I expected to hear from this community after his brief speech he made an hour ago.

Status update: 58 Dead and 515 wounded this is depressing and the numbers are probably only going to rise.
    Last edited by Siraeyou; 2017-10-02 at 03:47 PM.

And we will do nothing about it because something something freedom something something more guns.
    I don't know why good mental health and existing gun laws are mutually exclusive.

I agree gun laws should be far stricter.

This specific thread, no one said it isn't a concern, no one said you can't talk about it at all, just this topic isn't about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many guns do you need to protect yourself? the people buying those guns already have 2 or 3. It's not human instinct it's downright insanity.
    fear isn't a rational emotion. and yes fear is a human instinct.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    I just read that the murderer converted to Islam months before the shootings.
    "We have determined no connection with an international terrorist group" - FBI special agent.

Crawl back to your hole.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    And a reckless approach to gun ownership.
    Point? Water is wet? Circlejerk?

How many guns do you need to protect yourself? the people buying those guns already have 2 or 3. It's not human instinct it's downright insanity.
    It depends. You dont know each situation. A person who owns a shotgun for home defense, and a rifle for target shooting may now want a handgun to carry. A person who has two different handguns for carry, may now decide they want a shotgun for home.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    M16 lmao, that video sounded like he had a M240B - Belt fed fully automatic weapon system, do you even know what an m16 is???? or what it is even capable of doing?
    huh can't find the article that said m16 anymore.

Probably some awesome journalism in play :3

Also, not really a gun person, so couldn't tell ya

What do people want us do about mental illness at this point? That is far from an American problem, mental illness is a problem literally everywhere. Right now mental illness is extremely over diagnosed, and when diagnosed, the only solution is drug people to the point that they can barely function. I mean, we could always pull the "people with mental mental illness have no rights" card, and stuff them into mental health facilities like the 1900s-1970s.
    The state of our mental healthcare system is abysmal there are a long list of reforms we can do feel free to look them up. My point conservatives only want to pray when these things happen nothing else.

If the mass killing of twenty 6-7 year old children didn't result in change, this certainly won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    It's not like the relief efforts that are happening right now (National Guard/Army/Navy support) are going to stop providing aid on the drop of a note and bring all of the resources back to the US with them to Nevada. It is best to keep to topic of the events last night/this morning.

On topic I have not seen nearly as much negativity towards the President that I expected to hear from this community after his brief speech he made an hour ago.

Status update: 58 Dead and 515 wounded this is depressing and the numbers are probably only going to rise.
    Give it time, most are still sleeping in mom's basement.

You are absolutely right. Our methods of treating mental health issues is also wrongly diagnosed, and wrongly treated. It's part of the mental health issue. The real problem is an underlining issue with our society/culture we are unwilling to admit. I have doubts we will ever admit it until it's too late. It's obviously too embarrassing, and most likely our ego's are getting in the way. Also...agendas, when we get close to becoming more civilized our political system inevitably snuffs it out in favor of the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    It depends. You dont know each situation. A person who owns a shotgun for home defense, and a rifle for target shooting may now want a handgun to carry. A person who has two different handguns for carry, may now decide they want a shotgun for home.
    Unless you are a hunter you only need one for easy carry and home protection everything else is for your collection or because you want to protect yourself in case of a zombie apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    The state of our mental healthcare system is abysmal there are a long list of reforms we can do feel free to look them up. My point conservatives only want to pray when these things happen nothing else.
    you mean a certain segment of conservatives.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

How would the mental health care system helped in this instance?

Yet, there is no link. If you can't tell the difference or become indifferent to violence that is a mental health issue, not because of the violent media. There is also not any peer reviewed studies showing this.
    There are plenty of them. Much to the ire of people on sites like these.

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releas...deo-games.aspx

Unless you are a hunter you only need one for easy carry and home protection everything else is for your collection or because you want to protect yourself in case of a zombie apocalypse.
    So, according to you one gun can handle any situation in the home or out and about? And how do you know who is hunting and who isnt.

Considering the target was a country music concert, I'm say the guy was more likely on the left side of the political spectrum than the right. Don't know why people would assume he wears a MAGA hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    If the mass killing of twenty 6-7 year old children didn't result in change, this certainly won't.
    Well, some of the Far right have even managed to spin Sandy Hook as a conspiracy theory, with no dead, but only paid actors, and claim, that the shooter died earlier.
    And there are people, believing that shit...