Stupid fucks on TV shouldn't be spending this much time on analyzing the killer. Another Shooting is inevitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    CBS fires executive for 'deeply unacceptable' post after Vegas shooting

Quote Originally Posted by LA Times
    CBS Corp. fired a vice president in business affairs Monday for comments she made on social media regarding the mass shooting at a country music festival in Las Vegas.

Hayley Geftman-Gold, wrote on her Facebook page that she was not sympathetic to victims of the shooting because, she claimed, most country music fans are Republican.

Geftman-Gold also wrote: “If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing. I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans often are Republican gun toters.”
    Good on CBS, that shit is despicable.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-10-02 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    I suggest you finish reading my post you replied to.

These people have done nothing to deserve having their Constitutional Rights removed. There is a reason they are considered Individual Rights, not group rights. This is why it is required to be adjudicated mentally incompetent, not diagnosed with mental conditions.
    Just so we are clear, are you advocating that people with mental issues be given access to guns because they haven't done anything or the criteria by which it should be done? because I can compromise on the process not on the premise that they should have that right because they lead productive lives.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Actually, the weapons were legally bought. So.......... yeah.
    You have absolutely no reason to think they were legal. Nobody has come out and said that.

And in the overwhelming majority of cases where automatic weapons are used (or 90% of ALL gun crimes) the weapons illegally owned. Statistics are on my side; you have no reason to believe otherwise.

My condolences to the victims in all of this. (gun owners)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Were they legally bought, but illegally modified? Were they legally purchased with a Class 3? I've heard conflicting information on how they were made automatic.
    I should rephrase.

"Given the information provided by the authorities, they were legally purchased and then illegally modified"

That said, I have no clue myself, only what we're told. Police aren't giving out a lot of info on it right now. They also mention that it was 'modified with a device' rather than 'modified to support' or 'modified into a mode'... Which makes me think it was an auto-bumper like a crank.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Were they legally bought, but illegally modified? Were they legally purchased with a Class 3? I've heard conflicting information on how they were made automatic.
    He's talking out his ass. Authorities have not made any claims about the legality of the weapons. Which, if you look at statistics mean you should assume they were illegal unless you're somehow riding on that 1% chance they were legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    You have absolutely no reason to think they were legal. Nobody has come out and said that.
    Is there reason to default to assuming they were illegal, especially given this guys apparent lack of criminal history?

Automatic weapons are legal in the state of Nevada, after all.

Its funny all the laws are in place but there is literally no enforcement of these laws making thelaws useless

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, yes they have.

Hell, they even talked to one of the gun store owners that sold him some of the weapons.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Comments like this are bait.

Automatic weapons are legal in almost every state, however owning one is not so simple. It has to be a pre-86 model, be on file with the ATF and there is also an artificial cost barrier as they supply has slowly dried up. We are talking $20,000+ unless you want some piece of shit Mac-10 that is still gonna run you $5,000.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Real, real poor taste, man
    Come now time plus tragedy is comedy.

We already moved on to gun control its pretty clear the grieving period is over and people are back to ignoring the elephant in the room.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, they're not. At least not for civilian/public use, and not if they were made in the last 30 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, he really raised the bar for lone terrorist bodycount.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account

And in the overwhelming majority of cases where automatic weapons are used (or 90% of ALL gun crimes) the weapons illegally owned. Statistics are on my side; you have no reason to believe otherwise.
    Inform yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Stupid fucks on TV shouldn't be spending this much time on analyzing the killer.
    This is what happens when you "can't" talk about gun control or healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account

He's talking out his ass. Authorities have not made any claims about the legality of the weapons. Which, if you look at statistics mean you should assume they were illegal unless you're somehow riding on that 1% chance they were legal.
    Wow, 10% became 1% in the span of one post. And that 10% number isn't even correct.

Who's the one talking out of his ass again?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Just so we are clear, are you advocating that people with mental issues be given access to guns because they haven't done anything or the criteria by which it should be done? because I can compromise on the process not on the premise that they should have that right because they lead productive lives.
    If a mental health professional (heck anyone close to an individual) believes that someone (an individual) is a danger to themselves or others, then they should be required to report this to proper authorities. The Courts can determine if this person should have his/her rights restricted. But just because someone is diagnosed as having sociopathic personality tendencies (or whatever mental condition) they should not have their rights restricted. If it appears to be an emergency condition then a temporary order can be used to restrict their rights but must be handled in as expeditious manner as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This is what happens when you "can't" talk about gun control or healthcare.
    You think thats bad...? You can't even read the Quran out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    If a mental health professional (heck anyone close to an individual) believes that someone (an individual) is a danger to themselves or others, then they should be required to report this to proper authorities. The Courts can determine if this person should have his/her rights restricted. But just because someone is diagnosed as having sociopathic personality tendencies (or whatever mental condition) they should not have their rights restricted. If it appears to be an emergency condition then a temporary order can be used to restrict their rights but must be handled in as expeditious manner as possible.
    A lot of these afflictions will last their entire life, you can't tell if they will worsen or give up on their medication. I am saying with your method it would already be too late.