Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I know about the study, I have posted it in the past.

But we elect politicians (like Trump) that continue the status quo, and people still support the NRA which is indirectly causing these deaths. I refuse to be "sensitive" to things I have no control over and in a large part self-inflicted thanks to the 2nd amendment, and our culture. If the death of kids did not change the law this will not either.

My family lives in Las Vegas, so I have a personal stake in this as well, but, again, worrying about things I cannot change is irrational.
    There's a difference between worry and blame. I agree, worry is a waste of time in most cases. However, blaming the entire country when the majority are against such things, is absurd. Even more so when the system itself has been designed so that if you play by the rules the majority desire has no real impact on governance. I would even argue that "we" didn't elect Trump. A majority of people did not vote for him. Voting for him doesn't have a lot to do with gun control, as the dems have had control of congress and the presidency several times and made no substantive changes either. It's not worrying to say that the person to blame is the one pulling the trigger. It's not worrying even to say that those people who stand against banning guns outright are somewhat responsible. You can spread blame around all you'd like, but the wider a net you cast, the less valid your argument really becomes, and when you reach the point of blaming an entire nation... for me, at least, you've reached the point of absurdity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Those are standard magazines.. Not the large ones we're talking about. Those are just cheap alternatives to currently legal ones.
    Print your own magazines just add springs. The 10 round mag works. Haven't printed the others since they're illegal in my state.
    Find me a 3d printed 100 round you can just buy or download
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    I know about the study, I have posted it in the past.

But we elect politicians (like Trump) that continue the status quo, and people still support the NRA which is indirectly causing these deaths. I refuse to be "sensitive" to things I have no control over and in a large part self-inflicted thanks to the 2nd amendment, and our culture. If the death of kids did not change the law this will not either.

My family lives in Las Vegas, so I have a personal stake in this as well, but, again, worrying about things I cannot change is irrational.
    It still gives you the right to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Outside of avoiding any nice place there's nothing you can do to avoid it.

And I will certainly not avoid Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New-York, Paris, London, Berlin or Tokyo any time soon.
    I didn't mean avoiding every particular high density area. But honestly, between crime, terrorism, and just a lack of interest in anything they have to offer, there are a couple of cities you listed I wouldn't want to visit, or wouldn't want to visit again.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    If the gun itself were modified to support automatic mode, that's illegal.
    At which point it's pretty much too late and the legality is irrelevant. As long as all it takes are minor modifications to make a legal gun, illegal, there will be illegal guns. It's like making it illegal to own a sharpened sword. If you can buy an un-sharpened one, and knowing how to sharpen it is not really uncommon among enthusiasts, the law becomes only retroactively useful. You're no longer stopping people from getting sharpened swords. You can only charge them if they're caught with a sharpened one. Same thing with guns. As long as you can pretty easily get a legal one modified, the law against having the illegal variety is pretty much irrelevant.

I was traveling over the weekend and slept through this whole thing. Terrible loss of life though.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    What I meant was if he couldn't get a semi-auto to mod legally, he would have just bought an illegal rifle and modded that, if not straight up bought a full auto illegally. If people were able to get full auto AKs in France, of all places, this guy would have been able to get one here.
    If you're referring to the Bataclan attacks, those people were part of a terror cell who would know how to acquire illegal weapons. Most ordinary citizens don't have those kinds of resources.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    "Woke" independents saying nothing constructive nor relevant about the ongoing investigation - Check
    Double check.

- - - Updated - - -

I blame, most in the GOP, and the NRA. But also our culture exults and romanticizes gun ownership.

The country's wishes are known. There was/is a 90%+ agreement on universal background checks. But the NRA and the GOP block this in any way they can.

Canada also has a high gun ownership number, but their gun violence is low. I will post this again:

Again, there is not much anger from me on this; other than I wish this was not our reality.

- - - Updated - - -

What will that change, other than increase stress hormones in my system?
    Makes you humane?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Those are standard magazines.. Not the large ones we're talking about. Those are just cheap alternatives to currently legal ones.

I mean, you can 3D lower receivers for AR15s, its insane what those things can do

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Inb4 americans try to blame it on Islam

What exactly is their political aim with this attack? To me it looks like an american going apeshit with a gun, you know, like so many others in the past have done.
    The law does not define terrorist attacks as being required to be politically or religiously motivated. The definition that "terrorism" must be politically or religiously motivated is a liberal concept created for when other liberals or people with liberal victim status attack or kill a bunch of people for political or religious reasons, but they claim the attackers motivations remain "unknown" despite the evidence.

Liberals still try to pretend they don't know why that Bernie Sanders supporter shot up that Republican baseball game. They are making the same claim about the Hillary supporter who killed nearly 60 people, and counting, here in Vegas. He targeted a country music festival, and all his fellow liberals are proving his intentions by celebrating all the "conservatives" who were likely killed since only "conservatives" attend such festivals. An executive at CBS has already been fired for claiming exactly that.
    " NRS 202.4415  “Act of terrorism” defined.
    1.  “Act of terrorism” means any act that involves the use or attempted use of sabotage, coercion or violence which is intended to:
    (a) Cause great bodily harm or death to the general population; or
    (b) Cause substantial destruction, contamination or impairment of:
    (1) Any building or infrastructure, communications, transportation, utilities or services; or
    (2) Any natural resource or the environment.
    2.  As used in this section, “coercion” does not include an act of civil disobedience.
    (Added to NRS by 2003, 2947)"

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    I find it funny how 'muricans cling to their guns with the bs excuse "it's for protection" but when a mass shooting happens they all BITCH OUT. other times they want to "make a stand" like hollywood heroes but irl run just as fast if not faster than the people that have no guns.

If they can't get away themselves, only then they shoot back n are hailed as heroes by the other chickens.
    Except it happened in a "Gun Free" zone. So those "clingers", who actually follow the law, had nothing to shoot back with. Anti gun laws favor criminals in every possible way, because they will never follow the law in the first place. Also, guns are NOT the problem. More than twice as many people bludgeoned to death each year than are killed by ALL guns of any kind.
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-20

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    No, I'm waiting for the motive.
    Good, since we're not disturbing your waiting for a motive thing, how about you let us talk about gun control? Thanks a bunch, mate.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/459528...-finger-video/

This guy is my hero. Takes a swig from his beer and Stands up while shooting is going on and gives the shooter a middle finger. That is the American spirit right there. #represent

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    You keep telling yourself that. With no access to legal firearms to mod this most likely wouldn't happen.
    Not bitching on gun laws but don't be so ignorant.
    yet that will never and could never happen in america, so eventually you people will have to drop that claim.

Who gives a shit what type of magazine you can print? You can literally print weapon parts in your own home without any kind of supervision. We're just one step from everyone being able to print their own weapons. Good luck America when that happens.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good, since we're not disturbing your waiting for a motive thing, how about you let us talk about gun control? Thanks a bunch, mate.
    I am 100% for more strict rules when acquiring guns in the US, every state should have the same policy as my state of Massachusetts, we require:

1) $2,000 licensing fee (would probably cause more low income households to get illegal weapons which would be a downfall)
    2) Full federal background check
    3) Interview with your local PDs Lieutenant
    4) Mandatory gun safety course
    5) 6 Week cool down period after getting licensed
    6) Mandatory gun registration

My question however slant, for you, is what would that have done in this case? I am def for more strict laws, but sometimes people who are just a complete mystery will do shit like this, and we can really do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Wait until they discover there's more than one Steven Paddock. /headaslplode
    I think the idea is visually the person in the photos/video looks pretty close to the person in question and not based strictly on the name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    yet that will never and could never happen in america, so eventually you people will have to drop that claim.
    So because it won't happen it makes it a false claim? Interesting....
    Like how you say "you people"

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Who gives a shit what type of magazine you can print? You can literally print weapon parts in your own home without any kind of supervision. We're just one step from everyone being able to print their own weapons. Good luck America when that happens.
    Lmao good luck in any country when that happens, I dont understand why being in the USA would be a specific issue when people can print guns, it will probably be worse in the EU where no one else has guns to deter a shooter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    So because it won't happen it makes it a false claim? Interesting....
    Like how you say "you people"
    And tbh I am not even trying, if I was a US citizen I would prob. Think like "you people"
    +1 for quoting myself lol

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is there reason to default to assuming they were illegal, especially given this guys apparent lack of criminal history?

Automatic weapons are legal in the state of Nevada, after all.
    The weapons were modded to become fully automatic. Fully automatic weapons are illegal for civilians to possess in all of the US. (In order to be able to legally own one you need to pay a shit ton in licensing AND get it approved for probable reason e.g. owning a gun range that lets you fire the weapons/working for some high security firm) Once the shooter modded his weapons to become fully automatic he was operating outside the realm of the law.