Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Love it. One of the best patches we've had in WoW. It's right on par with TI for me.

I play tanks and never get dazed but even i do only 4 necessary quests for daily and few more if i am near to 650 shards.
    That is how much i play wow now.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

I think it’s great tbh. The mobs can be dangerous, which to me is a plus. We get some CDs to use, and can change them if we want to. There is a nice catch up system in place, for both our primary characters and alts. There are even some nice reputation stuff you can buy!

I do agree that some of it can become repetitive, but that has happened with these kinds of end game zones since we had the first in Silithus back in Vanilla. And when I compare Argus with the revamped Silithus back then, I think Argus wins.

We have had these zones through WoW which can compare to Argus:
    - Revamped Silithus (vanilla WoW).
    - Isle of Quel’Danas (TBC).
    - Crusader’s Coliseum and Wintergrasp (WotLK).
    - Molten Front and Told Barad Peninsular (Cataclysm).
    - Timeless Isle (MoP).
    - Tanaan Jungle (WoD).
    - Argus (Legion).

Of these, I liked Isle of Quel’Danas the most, no question. Hard fights, fun dailies, solid rewards (maybe even too good for some specs!), beautiful areas with some of the most stunning art in an outside area I have ever seen, fantastic music and some really awesome instances as well. Oh, and you felt the progression as more buildings were unlocked.

But a lot of the others were disappointments for me.
    - Revamped Silithus was just brutal. I had to get Exalted with Cenarion Circle to get the 3 set, which included the only Feral weapon I could reliably get my paws on - and that grind was incredibly hard, as I had to solo most of it (back then, the area was flooded with Elite mobs).
    - With Coliseum and Wintergrasp, the latter was OK’ish (Wintergrasp is included because it gave access to raid-level gear), but Coliseum was boring in the extreme. Luckily for us back then, the rest of the game was so incredibly good that the failure of Coliseum wasn’t that destructive for the perception and level of fun.
    - Molten Front - well ok, there was a sense of progression, but I remember primarily farming it to get a pet! Tol Barad was the almost complete opposite of Wintergrasp: Very un-epic and bland, down to and including the music!
    - Timeless Isle was almost totally disconnected from the rest of MoP. This small island were players just ran around and jumped mobs or each other. I had high hopes after Isle of Thunder, but I quickly stopped login on to visit Timeless Isle.
    - Tanaan Jungle. I did that to get the flying achievement. I am happy I did that. I must admit I didn’t find a lot of amusement doing it.

So, it’s hard to do good, varied, end game open world content, with challenges for the geared players and fun stuff for the not-so-geared. But I do like Argus and would rate it just behind Quel’Danas.
    Last edited by Whitepaw; 2017-10-03 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Well there certainly are a few zones that are sparse 90% of them are very well filled in.
    Eh ish mob density was generally low except in select areas of a zone but that was mid 2000s tech related more than any design philosophy. Many zones had next to nothing. Silithus for a long time litteraly had nothing in it. But the player was well guided from hub to hub so it wasn't easy to notice unless you liked going off the beaten track just how empty alot of it actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    I dunno what he mean, but like like the open svannah! not really meaning vanilla persay, but older maps.
    I mean Argus is okay, but it sure feels like bronken shore 2.0.
    And cant belive im saynig this, but it feels tucked in, like everything is smashed into 3 square inches.

I mean, as many ppl like to point out. Its the legion homeworld, should be bigger. IMVHO

- - - Updated - - -

It can be both, you know.
    Actually it feels just the opposite to me. There's that massive chasm that looks about as big as the Atlantic Ocean. Other areas completely covered in fel lava or blown off into space. They probably don't have nearly as much land to actually inhabit and build on as we'd think. It makes sense that they're densely packed. They're like Manhattan Island surrounded on all sides by killer fel lava.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Actually it feels just the opposite to me. There's that massive chasm that looks about as big as the Atlantic Ocean. Other areas completely covered in fel lava or blown off into space. They probably don't have nearly as much land to actually inhabit and build on as we'd think. It makes sense that they're densely packed. They're like Manhattan Island surrounded on all sides by killer fel lava.
    Yea i get the thinking but, c´mon.
    The Bruning Legions homeworld base of operations, and to me ite feels big as my palms.
    Should have atleast bin big as the Broken Isles.

But its alright

I do like Argus. Story line is fun i think. Just that dungeon is a pain in the behind.... Hopping from rock to rock is fun..just the loading screens...ugh..

i wouldnt go so far as to say i miss vanilla, but i dont enjoy running thru packs of 1000 demons and getting dismounted 9 out 10 times. if youre gonna design a zone to fit flying mounts let me fucking fly or chill on the mob density

I fully dislike Argus at this point. While taste is subjective, I find it ugly and boring, with just the right dash of frustrating. I have basically relegated it to the trash heap and only go when I really need to. I get it is an alien world, that is supposed to be dangerous, but the amount of areas you can get stuck in, mobs you can pull by accident and cliff you can't get up, it just becomes work. I don't log onto a game to battle the environment this much. I am willing to do some, but I think they went to far with Argus.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    8 characters almost all revered with Argussian(1 exalted for weeks), Argus is great, with toys like Sightless Eye aggro is no issue at all.

People saying they get dazed 24/7 are running the wrong paths as there's many many tricks and ways to go around/drop aggro/not aggro at all.

Also tricks like group finders, and smart use of Vindicaar power (usually the warframe) makes everything easy.

The only time you gotta watch out a little bit is if an area is full of elites (either north or south antorus) but at that time usually there's hardly any WQ in that area.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-04 at 01:18 PM.

Haven't enjoyed World of Warcraft in a long time.

Decided to give Argus a go, as a casual and I actually liked the quest story line.
    The continent feels like a mini expansion and it looks really nice.

A couple of things that bother me is something other people have brought up.
    • "Long" runs to get to an invasion portal
    • Getting stuck on pebbles.
    • Getting dazed, and thus dismounted.

Actually can't believe daze is still in the game, I can literally FEEL my lust for playing this game draining every time I get dismounted due to daze.

The Argus story line has probably convinced me to try the next expansion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I miss the old vanilla maps they where so much fun ..
    That sentence is killing my head.

The layout of Argus is pathetic, unimaginative, and lazy. I get that the world is supposed to be "destroyed" but that doesn't mean it has to be a bunch of fucking rocks. There should be smoldering plants and trees. Crumbled buildings that give caster demons strategic vantage points (as well as players for PvP). There are talbucks who are herbivores in areas where there are no plants. Did they evolve to eat rocks? There was little thought put into the design of Argus. The current dev team and its leaders are trash.

Hate it. No flying and its awful to navigate. Can we please get more Vanilla like zones. large areas of openness that make you actually feel like you are in a massive world.

Go on a flight master ride from one end of the continent to the other end, wither the Eastern Kingdom or Kalimdor. I realize its not as 'pretty' as pre cataclysm, but still its an amazing journey that easily has me immersing my self in this great fantasy.

I am really sad new player's can't experience per-cataclysim WoW world .. It was and still is the best map Blizzard ever made.

Please consider how I measure 'best' and for me it has to do with fantasy immersion. In Vanilla maps I dive into a fantasy from level 1 and don't come out of it until I reach recent content. Argus is just horrible for immersion as I feel like I'm inside a BioWare game -as in corridors forcing movement direction.

Argus feels tiny. Imagine how it would feel with flying.

Deleted
    Feels really boring after being there for 5 weeks. Not even pet battles salvage it any more. And the music is too try-hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Go on a flight master ride from one end of the continent to the other end, wither the Eastern Kingdom or Kalimdor. I realize its not as 'pretty' as pre cataclysm, but still its an amazing journey that easily has me immersing my self in this great fantasy.

I am really sad new player's can't experience per-cataclysim WoW world .. It was and still is the best map Blizzard ever made.

Please consider how I measure 'best' and for me it has to do with fantasy immersion. In Vanilla maps I dive into a fantasy from level 1 and don't come out of it until I reach recent content. Argus is just horrible for immersion as I feel like I'm inside a BioWare game -as in corridors forcing movement direction.
    With all due respect, I disagree. I spend a lot of time outdoors - National Parks, National Forests - and a lot of beautiful terrain is challenging to navigate. My immersion would be hurt if every zone was easy to travel through. Argus is about what I would expect from a world dominated by the Legion for 20,000 years. It's an ecological disaster, an eroded, washed out spine of a world and we're crawling around it's corpse. That said, crossing Antoran Wastes or Argussian Reach is not much different than a lot of the canyoneering I've done in the southwest. Except for the fel fire. And demons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    i wouldnt go so far as to say i miss vanilla, but i dont enjoy running thru packs of 1000 demons and getting dismounted 9 out 10 times. if youre gonna design a zone to fit flying mounts let me fucking fly or chill on the mob density
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    I fully dislike Argus at this point. While taste is subjective, I find it ugly and boring, with just the right dash of frustrating. I have basically relegated it to the trash heap and only go when I really need to. I get it is an alien world, that is supposed to be dangerous, but the amount of areas you can get stuck in, mobs you can pull by accident and cliff you can't get up, it just becomes work. I don't log onto a game to battle the environment this much. I am willing to do some, but I think they went to far with Argus.
    It's almost like the Legion is an intelligent enemy and they are trying to make things difficult for us.

I mean, if you were in charge of a zone and you knew the enemy was trying to infiltrate, how would you arrange your defenses? Would you build roads then stay off of them to make sure the enemy had a convenient way to travel without you noticing?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

People are forgetting that we're fighting on literally the most broken part of Argus (look at the planet in the sky).
    Why fight there? It's closest to the Legion hub. Why is the Legion hub there? Because it's physically closest to the world soul.

Makes 100% perfect sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

I don't like it, thought it would be better when I knew the place. I like rares, but it's not rewarding at all. Just good for AP. I heard people getting legendary there, but I find it very bad in that compartment. Doing +0, old raids has always yielded me better results.

As a guy who really needs a BiS legendary, Argus feels like a waste of time

5+ Year Old Account
    I think Argus is fine, but I don't like WQs. There's too much to do absolutely all the time and it doesn't feel like it matters, so I can't be bothered going there anymore after I got exalted with AotL.