Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Avoiding Death is the entire basis of almost every aspect of this game. From almost every aspect of PvE and PvP.

The game revolves around not dying, so as a negative thing to happen which isn't very fun it still has a point of existing in this game.

Death and Daze, both being negative and unfun are very different. As death has an actual purpose whilst Daze does not.

If Death was removed from this game the game would be fundamentally broken.

Does that clarify what I meant further?
    Yes, but i disagree.

Death is a result of you mismanaging your resource - health. Just like mana (used to be) for casters - you missmanage that and you deal no damage (and by "missmanage" i mean "using your abilities all the time, instead of wanding the shit out of boss". It's not a basis of anything, basis of this whole game is having fun from what you do. Having not fun things that punish you for missplays is nothing uncommon, and daze and death both fit into this category - they are punishing you for mismanaging your resources or, in case of daze, not interacting with the game while traveling from point A to point B (regardless of reason, lagging the fuck out of it, simply being clueless about your surroundings, not giving any fucks, alttabbing into whatever, using bots to travel, you get the point) results in being dazed, if you do in fact interact with the game (being it a respec, prydaz, LW item or learning the location and mobs patrols/spawns) you won't get punished with a daze
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

This thread has been sponsored by Leatherworkers who apparently aren't reaching their expected sales quota on bardings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I don't see mobs with daze being too different from mountains or caves or other obstacles. Main difference being that you can chance it with daze. Assuming flying isn't a thing, that is.

Or maybe players can pay attention to where they are going!! Yes, my Paladin doesn't get dismounted, guess what... I have one of every class and i've completed the chain on 7 of them so far and rarely do any of them get dismounted, that's mages, locks, hunters, shamans, etc. I use the map, I see where I'm going and try to not aggro mobs. Here's people complaining that the Burning Legion should have wiped out the Argussian group because they are SOOOO plentiful but then complain about how many of them there are. Do you honestly think if a Legion dominated a planet they would be like, "Hey guys, lets stay away from the roads so if any random being that's still alive can move around freely"... please, they'd be all over the place and even more specifically around the roads knowing that is where the bulk of travelers would go...

Surprised this expansion didn't add a proper utility legendary that makes you immune to daze

This game is p2p game,contents should make players feel convenience not inconvenience,that why ff14 have 10mil players and wow not dare to announce how many players still left in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TnTizz View Post
    Surprised this expansion didn't add a proper utility legendary that makes you immune to daze
    Sounded good in my head at first, but then I realized gear wouldn't be all that fantastic a place to put such a perk.

If you ever end up replacing said legendary item for another one, that no-daze item would end up being something you constantly swap in and out on your travels. Would be rather tedious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by laumotor View Post
    This game is p2p game,contents should make players feel convenience not inconvenience,that why ff14 have 10mil players and wow not dare to announce how many players still left in the game.
    I'm not familiar with other current MMORPGs, but is WoW truly not the one to go for, when it comes to convenience? It was pretty much it's thing when Vanilla was released, and that piece of work was plenty inconvenient (compared to now, and especially to MMORPGs of that era) when it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, or they could just remove daze as its only purpose is to annoy players.
    It is there to make players pay attention. There are clear and safe path to avoid any dazing mobs except for one small section in Macree and Antorius.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Yeah, adding more crappy legendaries that no one wants?
    Adding one more problem to fix another is never good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It is there to make players pay attention. There are clear and safe path to avoid any dazing mobs except for one small section in Macree and Antorius.
    Bullshit, all of Argus is made simply to annoy players and force the questing to take longer than it should.
    It's poor design, nothing else.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's so you can't just run straight through packs of mobs like they weren't even there.

Pretty obvious.
    i wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't so frequent. I've had multiple occasions where I have been dazed between 3 and 5 times in a row, which is just fucked in the head

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Design 1: Make roads free of enemies so players can go from A to B without being dismounted.

Design 2: Pack roads with enemies, make players daze OR have the players go to a auction house to buy the item to stop the dazing. Mask it as "difficulty", because it is obviously fun.

The difference: +15min of /played for everyone. Gotta pump those numbers up!
    Damn it's Argus ! The homeworld of the Burning Legion !
    There are demons everywhere, YES !

Where are not in Disneyland mate.
    Maybe you and the others people complaining should stop their subscription and go play with Mickey & co.

Its called prydaz, and as long you have the shield up=no daze.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Please remember that Leatherworkers can make the item 'Stonehide Leather Barding' that prevents you being dazed for 2 hours (8 if you're LW)

I'm just putting this out as a PSA for all of you who are actually unaware this item exists and didn't know. I've seen like 4 threads now where people have complained about Daze on Argus. Is it a perfect solution? No. But it's something, and now hopefully more people are aware it exists.

And yes it DOES work on Argus even though the tooltip only states 'Broken Isles'. This is a pretty big oversight on Blizzard's part because I feel a lot of people aren't making use of it because they're unaware it works on Argus because the tooltip wasn't updated to reflect this.

On most servers it seems to go for 200g-ish and the effect persists through death, you'll be pleased to note. Stacks with blacksmith stirrups. Travel form is unaffected by the barding.
    I completely forgot these existed to be honest. Thank you
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Wait - they want us to buy crafted items if we want to run through mobs without being dismounted?
    Next they'll want us to buy crafted potions to do our best dps!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I've done every rare/wq almost every day since 7.3 launched and I have to say it's really not that bad. 2/3 zones are perfectly fine so it's really just the Antoran Wastes that has too too much mob density. While I do agree that dazed/dismounts are annoying there are 3 solutions (some might not be an option depending on class) which can easily mitigate these problems. Use the LW item as mentioned above, play a tank spec as you don't get dazed/dismounted as a tank, or put on Prydaz (the absorb shield prevents you from being dazed. I think getting rid of dazing/dismounting from mobs would be fine but at the same time I don't think it's a game breaking as a lot of the people on the forums make it out to be.

Deleted
    The problem I have with dazing is that most mobs just aren't threatening. Casters can deal damage but they don't dismount you. A bunch of elites would be threatening but they aren't there if you have a quest in the area. The random nature of dazing is also kinda annoying. I can ride through some mobs getting hit a dozen times or a single thing dismounts me with one hit. The latter is especially annoying when you cannot skip a mob, like when you have a quest in the cave in the antoran wastes where a single shitty infernal can dismount you. It's a time sink but not enough to warrant a barding.
    For me it comes down to: killing the mob if I get dismounted on the first strike or press bladestorm, aoe them down or jump away.

Let actually threatening mobs (elites) have the ability to dismount you and give normal mobs a damageboost if they hit you while mounted or just to some selected few the daze ability. That would still mean that you have to plan your route but in a more calculated manner.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Design 1: Make roads free of enemies so players can go from A to B without being dismounted.
    Blizzard Tooltip: Stay near the road to avoid enemies.

Us: Ok, thanks. We'll stay on the road to avoid combat as much as we can.

Blizzard: Dang, they actually listened to our tooltip. Let's leave tooltip up and put some much stuff near the road they'll regret their decision!

Blizzard introduces 7.3.

That's kind of how I felt most of Legion in some spots. Argus just made it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if trolling, but there is prydaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    This thread has been sponsored by Leatherworkers who apparently aren't reaching their expected sales quota on bardings.
    hahahahahha +1

I just use Prydaz since it's pretty much BiS for bm hunters and makes me not get dazed. profit