7+ Year Old Account

Computer issues when opening WoW

Hope it's appropriate for me to post this here.
    Wow tech support forums are not loading properly on my phone right now.
    I'm not even sure if this a problem exclusive to WoW software, or an issue with my computer overall.

The issue: Starting a few days whenever I open WoW about a minute or 2 in, the screen goes into a weird gray color with vertical lines running down the entire monitor. There is no way to exit this once it happens, except hard restarting my computer.

I have a relatively powerful computer and pretty much have no idea what could be causing this. Please let me know if more information would be helpful. Or if no one has any idea, where could I go to get further assistance?

Please help!
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Wrong WoW.config, particularly the resolution settings, happens but doubtful.

Corrupt GPU drivers.

Slowly dying GPU cant handle certain stuff and you get that result.

PSU cant handle giving power to the GPU.

What you mentioned is probably number 3 mostly since when Artifacts start appearing and require a hard reset usually means something GPU wise literally crashed, died, no other way, the rest are things to check that might help but doubtful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Wrong WoW.config, particularly the resolution settings, happens but doubtful.

Corrupt GPU drivers.

Slowly dying GPU cant handle certain stuff and you get that result.

PSU cant handle giving power to the GPU.

What you mentioned is probably number 3 mostly since when Artifacts start appearing and require a hard reset usually means something GPU wise literally crashed, died, no other way, the rest are things to check that might help but doubtful.
    I was afraid it was hardware issue, hoping for software but had a feeling.

Any recommendations on how I could test to confirm GPU issue? Will I have to replace hardware? Or thinking a total system reset back to factory settings could fix?

Just wanna game
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    I was afraid it was hardware issue, hoping for software but had a feeling.

Any recommendations on how I could test to confirm GPU issue? Will I have to replace hardware? Or thinking a total system reset back to factory settings could fix?

Just wanna game
    You confirmed it by getting artifacts when you launch the game and yes a replacement will happen, you should be under guarantee really , when did you buy it? Frustrating more than anything.

Try different games, does it happen everywhere? If so, its a hardware issue, generally artifacts is a hardware issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You confirmed it by getting artifacts when you launch the game and yes a replacement will happen, you should be under guarantee really , when did you buy it? Frustrating more than anything.

Try different games, does it happen everywhere? If so, its a hardware issue, generally artifacts is a hardware issue.
    Just got home from work, it's actually not even turning on properly anymore, it just powers up and gets stuck at a black blank screen.
    It's an Alienware, got it in June of 2015 so little over 2 years.

Guess I'll give them a call, thanks!