Thread: Attack Torb :/

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    heres what you should do OP

Play Torbjorn as much as you fucking want to until you get banned (which I doubt would happen anyway) and don't let any auto-felating needle-dicks bring you down.

Aardvark- Aardvark- Aardvark pays off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    Well if I'm playing 100 games against a fara and no one on the team can kill her including me we deserve to lose.
    Ok then don't queue for competitive because you are obviously not interested in winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Ok then don't queue for competitive because you are obviously not interested in winning.
    No no i am interested in winning.

So every time my team loses a game which players can i report for not wanting to win?
    Last edited by Fluffyfluff; 2017-11-18 at 01:48 AM.

No no i am interested in winning.

So every time my team loses a game which players can i report for not wanting to win?
    The ones who are playing off meta according to your opinion, that is what Blizzard stated. The on meta One Tricks are immune to bans.

But you have to ask them to change to the character you want them to play first, and then they are officially bad players when they don't.

So If I am in a 2-2-2 as Reaper and the Junk Rat doesn't want to swap to counter pharah he can demand I play widow, of which I can't play because I have carpal tunnel and my hands shake. So naturally since Junk rat told me to switch first I am the bad player for not playing widow to counter Pharah and not the Junk Rat who just wants to play junk rat.

- - - Updated - - -

Hah, XQC got banned for reporting too many people including one tricks for not swapping for 3 day’s.. so wtf?
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-18 at 02:06 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

The main issue here isn't whether it's right to ban people over one-tricking or not -- Blizzard can define the rules however they want in that regard. The problem is that if playing certain heroes in suboptimal circumstances is a bannable offence, they need to very clearly state that in their rules or redesign hero selection in a way that accounts for it. Right now the rules for "poor teamwork" imply the exact opposite, which is where the problem arises. You can't say one thing in your official rules, and then ban people for doing what you said. That's just awful, unprofessional community management.

The only blue response this topic has gotten so far hasn't properly clarified this either. There needs to be a definitive "You might get banned if you refuse to switch from a suboptimal hero" or "You will never get banned just for playing a suboptimal hero". If the latter is the case then it needs to be accompanied with a clarification on why these high-profile bans happened in the first place so that this can be put to rest and have a line drawn under it. If the former is true then, aside from it being an incredibly nebulous criteria for punishment, the dev team need to rewrite the rules to make it crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    He is shown on his own stream (Fuey500) that he knew he couldn't do anything about the enemy team because there were too many shields (he was Tjorb obviously) he even stated "I can't do anything too many shields, yeah I could switch to Reaper but I don't want to" THAT is poor teamwork and a reportable and bannable offense.

He is also well known in the top 500, streamers, and youtubers for being that way.
    Given the number of Genji, 76 or Mercy mains that refuse to switch no matter what, reporting and banning him is asinine at the very best of times.

Because that's the crux of the issue. That he didn't switch, let's face it, doesn't matter, a fuckton of players refuse to ever switch and don't get reported; what matters is that he was playing an off-meta hero, and the competitive community in Overwatch is possibly the most shitty in existence so he was blamed for everything and reported.

You should never, ever get banned because of the hero you play. Deliberately throwing is something else, but your hero choice should be sacrosanct when it comes to bans. And when the guy gets to the top 500 as Torb, there's absolutely no situation where he's deliberately throwing by playing as him. The devs explicitly state that playing an off-meta hero is not considered poor teamwork, but then they ban a guy just because he plays off-meta. Something's wrong somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is playing torb in attack a reportable offence I'm really scared COs 6 pple reported for me for playing him and I don't want to get banned also if I refuse to switch will I get banned. Also does blizzard voice record games because some guy told me to suck his dick and said my mum is a fat whore these are not nice things can I report him for this ? I feel like I'm being constantly abused and this upsets me
    according to blizzard, if everyone went for one build and you decided 'herp derp ima atak torb while they all dive im helping' then yeah, you deserve a report. Considering 90% of players playing torb never actually support their team and instead throw, that char gets a bad rap.

So can you answer the question or not i assume by ignoring the question you cant. Thanks
    You want to know if it specifically says anywhere in the rules that you can't play Attack Torb? No, it doesn't.

But you can still absolutely get reported for it and a ban may result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by raveger View Post
    according to blizzard, if everyone went for one build and you decided 'herp derp ima atak torb while they all dive im helping' then yeah, you deserve a report. Considering 90% of players playing torb never actually support their team and instead throw, that char gets a bad rap.
    I too went to the University of pulling numbers out of my ass and pretending they are facts, Good old UoPNOoMA! Go fighting cocks!!!! Cockadoodle dooo!
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by raveger View Post
    Another guy/girl who hasn't read or understood the reporting rules and making up stats to suit your idea is openly dishonest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You want to know if it specifically says anywhere in the rules that you can't play Attack Torb? No, it doesn't.

But you can still absolutely get reported for it and a ban may result.

You know when you report someone you are suggesting that player has violated the rules of the game. Which rules have i violated by playing attack torb?

Why am i allowed to pick Torb in the hero selection screen if i can get reported and banned for it?

Seems like a pretty messed up system

You know when you report someone you are suggesting that player has violated the rules of the game. Which rules have i violated by playing attack torb?

Why am i allowed to pick Torb in the hero selection screen if i can get reported and banned for it?

Seems like a pretty messed up system
    I think you're being intentionally obtuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This thread made me play torb more.

Also, ban people for playing a hero that Blizzard put into the game? Well that sounds like amazing game design to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Where in the game are we told you cant/should not pick torb? I mean, I know he is not the right choice often. I dont play him often, I mostly tank or heal.

But in no shape or form does the game tell you what hero to pick for a map and why. Neither does it say you get punished if you pick your favorite hero(torbjorn in this case)

Deleted
    I have more respect for a top 500 Torb main than I do for all the countless GM Mercy mains I come accross.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Given the number of Genji, 76 or Mercy mains that refuse to switch no matter what, reporting and banning him is asinine at the very best of times.

Because that's the crux of the issue. That he didn't switch, let's face it, doesn't matter, a fuckton of players refuse to ever switch and don't get reported; what matters is that he was playing an off-meta hero, and the competitive community in Overwatch is possibly the most shitty in existence so he was blamed for everything and reported.

You should never, ever get banned because of the hero you play. Deliberately throwing is something else, but your hero choice should be sacrosanct when it comes to bans. And when the guy gets to the top 500 as Torb, there's absolutely no situation where he's deliberately throwing by playing as him. The devs explicitly state that playing an off-meta hero is not considered poor teamwork, but then they ban a guy just because he plays off-meta. Something's wrong somewhere.
    Do you know what happens to the average player? No you don't, you only know about this guy because he is a top 500/streamer/youtuber
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nope i play by the rules of the game set by the overwatch team. You obviously haven't read them or are not intelligent enough to understand them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

There is reason off-meta heroes are off-meta, though. Most of the Offense roster is meta because (as the description says) they are versatile heroes that can be used in almost any situation. If they're getting countered and not switching, meta or not, you should report them just as much as off-meta heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope i play by the rules of the game set by the overwatch team. You obviously haven't read them or are not intelligent enough to understand them.
    Judging by every post you've made in this thread, where you belittle people, exhibit poor understanding of language and grammar and generally behave like a young teenager, I think it's a bit rich to be calling other people unintelligent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Tydrane View Post
    There is reason off-meta heroes are off-meta, though. Most of the Offense roster is meta because (as the description says) they are versatile heroes that can be used in almost any situation. If they're getting countered and not switching, meta or not, you should report them just as much as off-meta heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

Judging by every post you've made in this thread, where you belittle people, exhibit poor understanding of language and grammar and generally behave like a young teenager, I think it's a bit rich to be calling other people unintelligent.
    Oh really who is name calling now lol the irony.

You simply dont understand the reporting rules do you your completely ignoring what they mean and putting your own personal spin on them to try suit your justification. Hence your living in your own dream world. Trouble for you is the facts are on my side and not yours you dont like it? well tough banana.

So "every" post i have made has been factually incorrect huh? I provided you with the reporting rules of the game what's reportable and what's not and you continue to make up your own rules and ignore the facts. Either you dont understand them ( which means questioning your intelligence ) or your just being wilfully dishonest. Which one is it?

Once again you cant ban people for playing a hero they want to play it explicitly states that in the rule stated below:

Poor teamwork is not: Playing a hero that isn't considered optimal by the community or staying silent in voice chat.

I mean what cant you understand about this?

"If they're getting countered and not switching, meta or not, you should report them just as much as off-meta heroes."

And what will you report them for what rule have they violated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh really who is name calling now lol the irony.
    I didn't call you any names, I said you were behaving like a young teenager. When someone says that, they mean you are being defensive, overly sensitive and lacking ability to differentiate between alternate opinions and personal attacks, among other faults. Your posts ooze with immaturity, whereas the people engaging with you have been polite, respectful (insofar as is merited) and informative.

The most significant personal flaw on display, though, is your cognitive dissonance. People are introducing information that disagrees with your worldview, so you're literally throwing tantrums (remember NO NO NO NO?) and saying everyone else is wrong, rather than proving anyone else wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Tydrane View Post
    I didn't call you any names, I said you were behaving like a young teenager. When someone says that, they mean you are being defensive, overly sensitive and lacking ability to differentiate between alternate opinions and personal attacks, among other faults. Your posts ooze with immaturity, whereas the people engaging with you have been polite, respectful (insofar as is merited) and informative.

The most significant personal flaw on display, though, is your cognitive dissonance. People are introducing information that disagrees with your worldview, so you're literally throwing tantrums (remember NO NO NO NO?) and saying everyone else is wrong, rather than proving anyone else wrong.

Oh so is stating facts about how the reporting rules work and what they actually mean, being defensive and overly sensitive to you. You really have no idea what your talking about do you.

Yes i remember no no no ofc i do i wrote to highlight the fact where the poster was completely wrong yet again and again. If you think that's a tantrum i think your a bit over sensitive to words. Its funny how rather than respond to the actual argument you would rather try attack me personally about the way i use language says it all really doesn't it.

"People are introducing information that disagrees with your worldview, so you're literally throwing tantrums (remember NO NO NO NO?) and saying everyone else is wrong, rather than proving anyone else wrong"

Its not information tho its there own made up rules of what they think you can report someone for. Its like going to play football match and saying if i kick the ball off the pitch i have scored the rules of football clearly state other wise but that rule doesn't suit your opinion of what the rules should be. I have proved countless times what the rules your just ignoring them again and again.

Can you answer the questions i posed to you or will you just ignore them again? I suspect you maybe troll posting tho

Infracted. Don't call others trolls.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-11-18 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough with the pointless bickering. Stay on topic.