WoW Token cost vs. gold earning

Hi, my background is largely irrelevant but suffice to say I stopped playing for various mostly-RL related reasons at the end of March. At that time, WoW tokens cost around 80,000-90,000 gold when they stabilized after being able to buy Blizzard account balance with them.

However, I was considering coming back with a new raid approaching, but... the token price has doubled. I neither play nor like playing the AH, so my question is:

Without being an auction whore, is it even possible to make enough gold to pay for both monthly game time and also everything in-game that has costs?
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2018-02-05 at 09:07 PM.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Some people do it. They don't spend a day undercutting at the auction house or stuff like that. A girl in my guild sells crafted legendaries, making several from alts. Since it's a small server, the price is good.

But yeah the price is absurd. You can get more farming cash at RL. WoW's month is the price of a movie ticket where I live. Measure yer priorities.

Depends what you do in game and if you are a good player on a high-pop server.

My guild (8/9M) does weekly Heroic ToS carry runs and a few of us in the guild sell weekly 10 runs when we can be bothered. It's easy money if you're good/geared.

Well yeah it is possible and some people do it, but if you have to ask that question you will probably have an easier time working a couple of extra hours every month. It's only a very small fraction of people that do this probably more so because they can or it makes them feel good than it being a good or efficient idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Without being an auction whore
    Yes, but this will make it much harder. Your best bet for a reliable monthly gold supply is to level a few alts, set up their class halls and log in every day to do missions. Professions and farming (or both) are your other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    Yes, but this will make it much harder. Your best bet for a reliable monthly gold supply is to level a few alts, set up their class halls and log in every day to do missions. Professions and farming (or both) are your other options.
    I was afraid of that.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation