Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    If you want to target legendaries then what's the point of creating all other legendaries?
    I think that was a fine attitude when Legion released. There was a ton of value to the legendaries being random, seeing what worked and might be a fun mechanic to add to a class later on, see player attitudes toward the system, etc.

With the last raid tier about to drop I think they should either 1) greatly accelerate legendary acquisition or 2) allow them to be targetable. This isn't a problem on my main because he basically brute-forced himself into a good set of legendaries, but my alts definitely feel it. My last legendary I waited like four weeks for and literally found it in a guide under the heading "sorry to hear that." This deep in, that's frustrating. Plus, between the Crucible system and the legendary system I have never felt locked to not only a single character but a single spec more since I started playing WOW at the end of Vanilla. I can't imagine that's healthy for the game.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

I really don't see a problem with his statement. it's all true.
    If you want to target legendaries then what's the point of creating all other legendaries?

His point is valid, what blizzard aims to do is have certain legendaries strong in certain situations. for example you would want to use aoe legendaries for aoe fights or survival legendaries for cenarius style fights where survival is everything.

having an RNG system like this keeps the player interested in playing for the long term.
    Make them all utility and I 100% agree with you. Keep them as throughput and you're as mad as Ion is.

Seriously though, it's RNG to Titanforge a relic and RNG to roll a good Major Trait, RNG to roll a good Minor Trait. RNG to roll Titanforge on your BiS items, let alone getting the items to drop. RNG to get your legendaries which may take months (like it took with one of my BiS items, I didn't get it til fucking 7.2 and trust me when I say I played this game more than ANY of you reading this) which are a 5-10% DPS difference at times (while some are at 0-2%).

Like, how can you not say all ^ doesn't make the RNG too ridiculous?
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-10-06 at 04:29 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post

CHANCE.

CHANCE.

CHANCE.

HOUSE ALWAYS WINS.

In a fucking RNG laden expansion. Where your playerbase is complaining about RNG.

WHY ADD ANOTHER SYSTEM THAT IS COMPLETELY RNG?
    "house" already won when you bought the game, regardless of its content or what you do with it, that's why steam has so many shitty games, what's your fucking point?
    NLC gives my high ilvl relic with shitty perk a chance to be better, instead of me sitting at +6 cauterizing blink, because my 940 relics with it are better than literally anything i had to put my hands on. Without it i wouldn't be able to get any more perks until i get extremely lucky with relic drops.

If you see anything random as gambling - you are delusional
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-10-06 at 04:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

What happened to the fun of playing being progressing through the actual game? Working towards upgrades? It's all gone in favour of the slot machine. That's all there is now.
    It's called raid or die and the community told Blizzard they don't fucking want it. They want to be able to progress and get gear through every single piece of game they can play. You can't do that and have a straight up focus BiS because then people would do it and just leave. Why because to go with "If Blizz can't make enough the players should just unsub and leave."... There is no amount of dev time and resources available that would actually keep up with how the player base in an mmo charges through it all. Blizzard if they had the resources could every week pump out patches with gaming size of Witcher 3 + DLC and the community would still plough through it every weekend because of how the WoW community is.

There is objectively more to do now than there has been in any expansion. But expansion after expansion the playerbase of this game sets itself up for a rush to end game and straight into raids before they can even finish the first week. These are unhealthy levels of playing that is a self defeating by the consumer. No one is willing to slow down and take a breather because of their for lack of better word feels. They feel that if they break then they'll lose out on everything because "OMG that 1% is going to make or beak us. If I don't get that 1% I might as well be in full greens for this end of expansion mythic raid." kind of attitude.

Hell if Vanilla came out tomorrow with how slow that took to get to 60 back in the day the wow community would find ways to streamline themselves to get to 60 within a week and into MC within the week after that. This is the community that we have now and it created itself. This is why we have time barriers because at some point someone has to put a halt to this.

5+ Year Old Account
    did you then miss the part where he said 'if we were to go back in time, would we add the legendary system as it is now? Probably... not.' or something along the lines of that.

also that there would be a problem of removing legendaries mid expansion (oh hey log in and your helmet is missing! awesome!)

he said the legendary feature feels good for the expansion. it DOES feel cool that i can swap in my prydaz on higher m+ and NOT get 1 shot by the cats at the start of DHT. it DOES feel pretty cool that my lifebloom more often procs basically a lay-on-hands on the tank when there's tank heavy damage. its something NEW that we've never seen in WoW and it keeps things fresh/people adapting their gear to different fights if they so choose.

What ISNT cool is the heavy RNG aspect to them. Thats all.
    People need to pay attention honestly :\

10+ Year Old Account

It didn't need a SINGLE piece of RNG in it. Locked relic talent trees would have been FINE.

"Yay a new relic dropped and it has a good trait on it.... Let's plug it in.... Oh it just became a worse relic, sick."

Almost everything in this game is gambling now. You can call me delusional. I'd call you an addict.
    It's not similar to reforging by any stretch of imagination.

"Locked relic talent trees" whatever the fuck it means wouldn't be fine for the same reason talent trees weren't fine. They weren't fun.

Please do elaborate how 1 trait + 1 trait + 1 trait is worse than 1 trait. You are making no sense and are delusional, and keep proving that with this " NLC is similar to reforging", "locked relic trees would be fine", "i play the game for fun but i don't have fun because all the changes blizzard pushes into the game are not fun according to me".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's called raid or die and the community told Blizzard they don't fucking want it. They want to be able to progress and get gear through every single piece of game they can play.
    Some people here are entitled to opinion that you were "progression through the game" back in WotLK, TBC and Vanilla, where, apparently there was no RNG at all the game was fun. Things like being in a deadblock of picking "wrong" class and not being able to PvE (or pidgeonholed into role you don't want) ergo not being able to get gear, being stuck in the only raiding guild of low pop realm with abusing loot-whore-of-a-leader, running through dungeon over and over and over again to farm that piece of shit blue leather +crit shoulder that is better than literally any plate str piece on a fury warrior, farming stupid badges because raid loot tables were ridiculously bad. No, it's all "fun progress through the game", not dumb tedium that feels like a second job that you can never quit, because you already invested fuckton in that and you know that missing a week+ will put you behind everyone with no ability to catch up, putting you into "-hey guys, are we doing ToC this week? --Sure, but sorry bobby your gearscore is too low and we can't get you need, unless you get your GS over the guy we invited instead of you you can't join is. -but how am i supposed to get higher GS if he gets raid gear and i'm stuck doing dungeons?. --dunno bobby, blame blizzard" situation
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Instead we receive Argus. Which is a copy paste of the Broken Shore with a new coat of paint.
    Damn stop saying like a sheep that Argus is just a fucking copy paste of Broken Shore because your heard this once !

Open your eyes ! Look at all the amazing things Blizzard did with Argus !

If they would gave us a planet with a Bloodmyst Isle ambiance, you would have been the FIRST to complain "Booohoooo, Argus is shit. It's not the true Legion ambiance, it have to be destroyed and fel-infused !"

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    What is this guy on about?

Here is a quote from his q&a: 'Random distribution of legendary items isn't a problem. There is something cool about not having the ability to choose a specific legendary from a list. Each person may have a different legendary, but those should be good in some different situations.'

Seriously?
    Random legs are good. I don't have to do one hour research whenever one drops, because god forbid choosing not the optimal one.

Should the current legendaries be a bit more balanced? Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yeah, they've stated that multiple times already and people still ignore it. They even buffed utility legendaries to be on par with BiS legendaries. I think playstyle changing and utility legendaries are the way to go. I will really miss hardcasting a pyroblast and scorch spam below 30% after legion. I mean, even if it would result in literally same DPS as any other legendaries i would still use them instead of whatever else mages have (probably would switch belt for shoulder if shoulder meteor would proc from scorch casts and/or you was able to delay shoulder meteor)
    I laughed.

I really don't see a problem with his statement. it's all true.

His point is valid, what blizzard aims to do is have certain legendaries strong in certain situations. for example you would want to use aoe legendaries for aoe fights or survival legendaries for cenarius style fights where survival is everything.

having an RNG system like this keeps the player interested in playing for the long term.
    Most legendaries are never ever useful however.
    Most classes have 2-3 that they use and the rest are just trash.

There is no choice here. RNG made sure you are either ahead or behind. You either preform well or you do not and you can not affect your own performance.

That is a stupid system and it is baffling that the lead designer can not see that. I wonder if he actually plays the game at all.

I recently (yesterday) made a new YouTube Channel called TheNerdyMuscle. Here is my First Episode and I definitely went the hell off on this subject and that was before i even seen Ion talking that foolery.

youtu.be/qFjeOO6ulMI

Please check me out (I'm too new on this forum to post a link ; /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I wonder if he actually plays the game at all.
    It should be pretty obvious that he, and the majority of the dev team, have never stepped a pixelfoot in to a live server in any meaningful capacity. Disconnected barely begins to describe it.

They managed to add even more RNG to the legendary system somehow. I applaud their determination...

All i know is that if this makes it to the next Xpak, i will unsub immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    Yea he also said classes are balanced, thats why most mythic guilds are running with 7 druids and 5 rogues in 20 men raids (same shit in m+)
    You need to look up what the word "most" means. It doesn't mean what you think it does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I laughed.
    Thats actually the case. Look up what legendaries rshamans use on warcraftlogs.

Let's go back to Vanilla legendaries that were 1% drops and only usable by some of the classes. That's much better than everyone getting legendaries. /s

Legendaries are honestly fine aside from the ones that give dps throughput effects. Make em all utility and everything's fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    What is this guy on about?

Here is a quote from his q&a: 'Random distribution of legendary items isn't a problem. There is something cool about not having the ability to choose a specific legendary from a list. Each person may have a different legendary, but those should be good in some different situations.'

Seriously?
    Yes, seriously. What other answer do you think he could give? A truthful one?
    I mean, bliz team is already doing everything they can imaginably do for you to finally get the hint and feck off to play other games.
    Investors will not take kindly to doing it 100% overtly, so instead of saying out loud that leggos' sole function is an implicit infinite time gate to keep you subbed without having to put effort in keeping you hooked, he has to spit out some obvious BS.
    Nothing new here and you really should have learned by now.
    When people kept asking questions about Draenor wing clip, blizdevs (it might have been himself specifically, I don't remember exactly) responded with a story of Assassination Quest, whereby the commander of armed force besieging (unsuccessfully so far) a fortress sends you out to assassinate the fortress' commander. They then went on to describe how you end up conquering the whole place in yolo-mode and mention a horrible, immersion-breaking risk that if you could fly in right into commander's room you could perhaps actually do what you were supposed to do.
    I don't really think the blizdev was too dumb to see just how retarded the whole story was and how it actually was a point pro flight. His aim was to tell you to feck off and play another game without actually saying out loud that all those freaks who play WoW 13 years from Vanilla really should have found another hobby by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    It should be pretty obvious that he, and the majority of the dev team, have never stepped a pixelfoot in to a live server in any meaningful capacity. Disconnected barely begins to describe it.
    You do realize his WoW character is public, right? He's the guild leader of Elitist Jerks. He's not the only person to transition from raiding/theorycrafting to working directly for Blizzard either. Wild accusations with no basis in reality just make you look disconnected.

Deleted
    Hi, newly registered player here

I dont do a lot of theorycrafting, but i play a warrior, prot and arms. I have all the legendaries for my warrior and i can compare them.

Arms without head, ring and belt on a fortified week makes you do a lot less dps, i can equip lets say prydaz and the boots which obviously will make me die less, but i take the 5 seconds penalty any day in comparison to the time gain i have with the proper legendarys even if i die after i popped my cds, i can release walk back and still be top dps. When the the mobs are still alive i can whirlwind the crap out of them and push my dps even more. Yes the head and the belt are that good.

If i tank tyrannical and i use the bracers and the gloves i can actually solo bosses for 10-20% (first boss brh tyrannical come to mind) No way i could do that with the sw ring and the intercept chest....

There is a huge difference in leggos, and its a big difference in my enjoyement of playing my warrior. I dont care about a 150k dps difference st on a boss as i casually raid.

But my fun in this game changed a lot when i got the right legendaries. And i can understand anyone being frustraded about not having the right legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    You do realize his WoW character is public, right? He's the guild leader of Elitist Jerks. He's not the only person to transition from raiding/theorycrafting to working directly for Blizzard either. Wild accusations with no basis in reality just make you look disconnected.
    They even talked about their mythic raiding in the Q&A.
    But actually paying attention is hard, i guess.