Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Yeah, I'm asking you what that is all about. Why is it wrong to be patriotic, or "nationalist"? Why is being pro-America evil, in the minds of leftists? I truly don't get it.
    Patriotism is vigorous support for one's country. Being a nationalist is a person with strong patriotic feelings, especially one who believes in the superiority of their country over others. Seriously, how hard is it to look at a fucking dictionary in this place?

Patriotism is one thing, to love your country and support it, but you still have the ability to see when something is wrong with it and wish it to change and never stand when that country is clearly screwing you or others, being a nationalist is the equivalent of that crazy girlfriend that stalks you and will never let you go and never let anyone else have you. Nationalists take it too far all too often.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Reich wing liar says a blatant lie and the US reich eats it up. Sounds like hourly news, no one is suprised. As always, the uneducated eat the lies up as their glorious leader said.
    May 30th, 2019 - Trump admits Russia helped him get elected.

An elected Republican called for biblical law to be implemented and for all non-christians to be murdered. But it's sharia law we should be scared about right?

Republicans ran an actual Nazi for office in 2018 and he got nearly 1/3rd of the votes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm asking you what that is all about. Why is it wrong to be patriotic, or "nationalist"? Why is being pro-America evil, in the minds of leftists? I truly don't get it.
    Patriotism and nationalism aren't the same thing.

Well I mean it was. If left wing radical pieces of shit didn't show up nothing would've happened. It's not hard to figure out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Well I mean it was. If left wing radical pieces of shit didn't show up nothing would've happened. It's not hard to figure out.
    They wouldn't have been chanting Dylann Roof, Jews will not replace us? Are you ever to blame for your actions?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    A state of emergency was declared by the governor before the saturday rally happened because the white supremacists did an unsanctioned march on UVA's campus. But I guess it was liberal Hussein failure Obama Muslim holdover Islamic Sharia Conspiracy #453453

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    A state of emergency was declared by the governor before the saturday rally happened because the white supremacists did an unsanctioned march on UVA's campus. But I guess it was liberal Hussein failure Obama Muslim holdover Islamic Sharia Conspiracy #453453
    It's everyone else's fault!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    The leftwings idiocy may have instigated our rally, but no plot. We're the to set things right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    The leftwings idiocy may have instigated our rally, but no plot. We're the to set things right.
    @Dextroden @Thagrynor

This is who Trump is emboldening. This happens when you have weak leadership, or worse, leadership that creates a mythical center to laud their movement.

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Google translate can't help make sense of this, can you try again please?

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Google translate can't help make sense of this, can you try again please?
    I'm pretty sure he's advocating to kick all the Jews and blacks and Muslims out of the country and Make America White Again, and blaming the liberals for forcing them to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Patriotism is vigorous support for one's country. Being a nationalist is a person with strong patriotic feelings, especially one who believes in the superiority of their country over others. Seriously, how hard is it to look at a fucking dictionary in this place?

Patriotism is one thing, to love your country and support it, but you still have the ability to see when something is wrong with it and wish it to change and never stand when that country is clearly screwing you or others, being a nationalist is the equivalent of that crazy girlfriend that stalks you and will never let you go and never let anyone else have you. Nationalists take it too far all too often.
    Why is it bad to think your own country is the best one? I'm genuinely interested in what people who think different from me think, but you all seem to shy to share your view. Help me understand you. Why is it bad to like your own nation? Why is it bad to think it's the best one? Why is it bad to think that nations that are different, would be better if they were more alike?

You say Nationalism takes it too far. How? What is too far? What is the line? Who in history has crossed that line?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    There's a pretty big divide, about the size of the grand canyon, between "patriotism" and "nationalism".

You should look up what those two words mean sometime. It would be silly if you were participating in a debate and made various claims about either or both words and came off looking like a fool for not knowing their full meanings.
    na·tion·al·ism
    ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/Submit
    noun
    patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.
    synonyms: patriotism, patriotic sentiment, flag-waving, xenophobia, chauvinism, jingoism
    "their extreme nationalism was frightening"
    an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.
    plural noun: nationalisms
    advocacy of political independence for a particular country.

So, lets get in to the definition, if you like. Because, reading it, it still doesn't explain the over the top reaction to it by the Left.

If Nationalism is extreme patriotism, and a feeling of superiority, how does that equate to Hitler? It might make me a jerk to think the US is the best country, by a ridiculously wide margin. But what does that have to do with Hitler? Presumably MANY leaders in history were as Nationalist, or even more, than Hitler. Yet, we don't really talk about them, because they didn't COMMIT GENOCIDE ON MILLIONS OF PEOPLE! The IDIOTIC notion, that being Nationalist, is the reason why we all hate Hitler, is so utterly fucking stupid, it hurts my brain to even ponder it. You know who else was Nationalist? EVERY US president before Barrack Obama.

Yeah, that woman who got hit by the car totally had it coming...

Nice try.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it bad to think your own country is the best one? I'm genuinely interested in what people who think different from me think, but you all seem to shy to share your view. Help me understand you. Why is it bad to like your own nation? Why is it bad to think it's the best one? Why is it bad to think that nations that are different, would be better if they were more alike?

You say Nationalism takes it too far. How? What is too far? What is the line? Who in history has crossed that line?

- - - Updated - - -

na·tion·al·ism
    ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/Submit
    noun
    synonyms: patriotism, patriotic sentiment, flag-waving, xenophobia, chauvinism, jingoism
    an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.

So, lets get in to the definition, if you like. Because, reading it, it still doesn't explain the over the top reaction to it by the Left.

If Nationalism is extreme patriotism, and a feeling of superiority, how does that equate to Hitler? It might make me a jerk to think the US is the best country, by a ridiculously wide margin. But what does that have to do with Hitler? Presumably MANY leaders in history were as Nationalist, or even more, than Hitler. Yet, we don't really talk about them, because they didn't COMMIT GENOCIDE ON MILLIONS OF PEOPLE! The IDIOTIC notion, that being Nationalist, is the reason why we all hate Hitler, is so utterly fucking stupid, it hurts my brain to even ponder it. You know who else was Nationalist? EVERY US president before Barrack Obama.
    Being nationalistic is an authoritarian stance. Nationalists tend to want to use the government to take away the freedoms of others. That's the part where people start to have a problem with it.

Patriotism-I fucking love America.

Nationalism, I love America, so fuck everyone else.

Once again, the latter is not a major problem, until one wishes to use the government to force his beliefs onto everyone else. When people push for more strict immigration, limits on Muslims, travel bans, and force quotas on the "right" kind of people, then they are the fucking problem. Since you claim to be a libertarian, it's good to know you don't support restricting the individual liberties of people with such restrictive forms of immigration control, right? Right?

Nationalism takes it too far when you can't even be bothered to think that something might be wrong with the country in some very real ways. I'm not talking about disliking the other side, but full on ignoring serious issues.

That's why it's an issue, when someone can't even see the forest through the trees and even the slightest criticisms make someone find the need to defend it vehemently.

na·tion·al·ism
    ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/Submit
    noun
    Did you just show the definition of nationalism then ask why it's so bad when there are FOUR different synonyms that show how bad it can be? Did you not read the synonyms? They even use it in a sentence that can tell you how people use it, and there's another definition that shows it again.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

To be clear, patriotism is great. Blind patriotism is not. You can't improve something if you don't acknowledge its problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    To be clear, patriotism is great. Blind patriotism is not. You can't improve something if you don't acknowledge its problems.
    I think Malcom X said something about this very thing.....
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    "My country right or wrong: when right to be kept right, when wrong to be made right" - So called real Americans seem to forget the second part of the quote.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-