Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm a little baffled at how you know so much about me.
    I used to be about twice my current size; I frequent enough weight loss fora/communities. I have not encountered a single person that tracks calories properly that would ever describe his or her diet as vaguely as you just did. The term 'portion control' is synonym for 'I'm fucking about and have no clue about any numbers whatsoever' in my experience. So yep, that's an assumption on my part and I stand by it.

Nothing. Fat people should lose weight. Fat Acceptance is a cancerous movement, and I say that as a 380 lb man.

We need better treatment for eating disorders like binge eating that cause obesity, not to treat obesity like it's normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is same stupid logic that insecure people use in a relationship. "I'm jealous and that makes you in the wrong."

Social justice is the philosophy of the mentally ill and deranged. It is a bottomless pit or a snake biting it's own tail, whichever you prefer.

As of late, SJWs have taught us that straight black men are the new white man, that Charles Barkley is a white supremecist.

I thought this thread was a joke. Being normal sized isn't privilege, its a reflection of good habits. There are very, very, very few overweight people that it is beyond their control.

Its becoming way to "okay" in society to be unhealthy.

what should we do about thin privilage
    Jack shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    No there aren't. Because no study in the history of ever has witnessed an anomaly like you described.

That fact that you refer to your own diet as "mostly X, Y, Z" says it all. I'm sceptical you can even tell the calorie content of items you eat on an almost daily base. You struggle with your weight because you're so vague, period. Start tracking accurately and you'll see how much you actually consume precisely. Plenty of people "feel" they don't deserve to be at the weight they are at. Just watch an episode of Secret Eaters UK on youtube.

As for your roommate, you pretty much admitted you saw him come home at night and see him eat one meal. I can do the same, a big mac is about 500 kcal. So I could eat 4 big macs in front of you, eat nothing for the rest of the day, and you'd talk about my lucky genes or something. Not a thing (well, maybe couple hundred kcal at the very most). That's actually (to a somewhat lesser extent) how I eat most of the days: 1 big meal (1200-1600 kcal) and then some fruit here and there to fill the rest. You were not with him at work, you did not see him eat there. The only way you can know how much someone truely eats is in a 24/7 controlled environment. Perhaps an infant with a mother and even then it's guessing how much the kid exactly had from breastfeeding.
    Actually, yes.... there are people like that.

I, for the bulk of my life... was just like that. I could eat and eat and eat and not clear 100lbs for the life of me. 3-4 (full) plates of spaghetti, fast food, pop, candy, chocolate... didn't matter.. didn't gain a whit. Some people have that kinda metabolism. Nor was I terribly active beyond enjoying walks. No sports, no gym. I was almost 30 by the time I actually was able to clear 100lbs... after I had my first child and actually keep the weight on at "healthier" levels. (ie: not underweight)
    http://mshaylle.deviantart.com/

"Be true to your work, your word, and your friend."

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar…" - Wash

Deleted
    No there aren't. Because no study in the history of ever has witnessed an anomaly like you described.
    There are people like that. Maybe not as extreme as you described but I've personally witnessed it. Out of a group of 2 cousins and myself I've always been the "average" one. I'm not skinny, I'm not fat. I'm just... normal, though nowadays slightly overweight due to being lazy as fuck and moving to an office job (nothing I couldn't fix if I tried, point is I have a standard metabolism and for most of my life I've been a regular weight). I grew up with 2 cousins. Cousin A was always insanely skinny no matter how much she ate, and she got vicious comments at school about being "anorexic" even though I knew she was not. It hurt her a lot. Cousin B was always a bit chubby no matter what diet she went on and again she got the nasty comments at school about her weight. Neither seemed to be more active than the other, neither ate much differently from the other. It was baffling to me. Also quite eye-opening to be with two cousins who were on opposite ends of the weight problem with one being underweight and the other being overweight. To this day I have no idea what it is, but your own body does make a difference and some people are simply going to have an easier time than others when it comes to weight management.

It is of course possible to control your weight but bear in mind for some it will be easier than others. I think maybe because Cousin B grew up chubby it has made it harder for her as an adult to lose weight. While I am close with her and her mother I'm not totally sure what they ate every night, perhaps there were more Dominos pizzas involved than I know of because I know they ordered food a lot more than Cousin A. But the way a child is fed can really determine what they'll weigh as an adult. If you grow up fat, you'll have a harder time losing weight as a fat adult. If you grow up skinny it's easier. At least that's how I see it, based on what I've witnessed.

As for "thin privilege", if you think being able to fit into a coach chair is thin privilege than yes, it exists. It's also called the "normal size" privilege which means if you weigh more than it takes to fit into a coach chair, you may wanna work on losing weight. It doesn't make you less of a person to be fat, it just means life may be more difficult for you in certain areas. I'm not into shaming fat people for their weight as that'd be a shitty thing to do, I'd rather encourage them to at least consider that life may be a lot better if they work on slimming down a bit. Everyone is worth it and nobody should be made to feel like shit for their weight. After all, you have no idea what got them there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Force feed the thin people butter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thin privilege Doesn't exist.

people wont assum that you have bad health or that you are lazy
    No, they will just assume you eat too much. Eat less, weigh less, simple... It doesn't matter if you have health issues, it doesn't matter if you are lazy, it doesn't matter if you have a slow metabolism. If you are overweight then you require less food, so eat less food and you won't be overweight... You'll even save money by spending less on food! Fancy.

If you have a hard time finding cloths, shop at a different store.

Airlines charge by the seat and aim to fill all those seats for maximum efficiency, if you take up 2 seats, you get charged for 2 seats because you are preventing someone else from sitting in that second seat... Privilege would be expecting them to cater to your greater requirements at their own expense... You require more room, pay for more room.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-10-08 at 01:16 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mshaylle View Post
    Actually, yes.... there are people like that.

I, for the bulk of my life... was just like that. I could eat and eat and eat and not clear 100lbs for the life of me. 3-4 (full) plates of spaghetti, fast food, pop, candy, chocolate... didn't matter.. didn't gain a whit. Some people have that kinda metabolism. Nor was I terribly active beyond enjoying walks. No sports, no gym. I was almost 30 by the time I actually was able to clear 100lbs... after I had my first child and actually keep the weight on at "healthier" levels. (ie: not underweight)
    If you had actually counted every calorie burned and every calorie consumed there would be at least a 99% chance your weight would alter accordingly. Everyone has a "fast metabolism", whatever the fuck that means.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenswood View Post
    If you had actually counted every calorie burned and every calorie consumed there would be at least a 99% chance your weight would alter accordingly. Everyone has a "fast metabolism", whatever the fuck that means.
    My family was just like that... fight to gain weight. Calorie counting would not and did not change that (father and brother were doing just that for body building). Just like there are those, despite calorie counting, despite diets and exercise that still have problems losing weight.

Not everyone fits into lovely little boxes.
    http://mshaylle.deviantart.com/

"Be true to your work, your word, and your friend."

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar…" - Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Mshaylle View Post
    My family was just like that... fight to gain weight. Calorie counting would not and did not change that (father and brother were doing just that for body building). Just like there are those, despite calorie counting, despite diets and exercise that still have problems losing weight.

Not everyone fits into lovely little boxes.
    what? all i'm saying is that if you WERE to count ever calorie in and out, it would be reflected accurately in your weight. im not making any claims about calorie counting for weight loss.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thin Privilege? Please god tell me that's not a thing... I think you should have a fat rights parade! ...Might be good for you...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only fair that those who don't benefit get to share in the rewards of "thin privilege". Therefore, to start, fat people need to get thin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neps View Post
    But the way a child is fed can really determine what they'll weigh as an adult. If you grow up fat, you'll have a harder time losing weight as a fat adult. If you grow up skinny it's easier. At least that's how I see it, based on what I've witnessed.
    Absolutely. However, not because of "destroyed metabolism" or whatever pseudo-scientific explanation people like to throw at it. But because of things like emotional relationship with food and bad habbits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. However, not because of "destroyed metabolism" or whatever pseudo-scientific explanation people like to throw at it. But because of things like emotional relationship with food and bad habbits.
    Its also about gut bacteria, which can be changed, but takes time and effort. But most fat people dont want to do the effort(one of the reasons they are fat).

I used to be a landwhale, but I lost 50kg to good diet, workout and persistence. If my lazy, fat ass can do it, anyone can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    have you ever thought how many privileges you have because you were born thin ?
    People are born obese?

15+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaand banned again @vain, dude, you're way worse than me

Although I get my 10 year member priviledge or else I would've been banned 3-4 times more than I have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    have you ever thought how many privileges you have because you were born thin ?

https://everydayfeminism.com/2012/11...hin-privilege/

people wont assum that you have bad health or that you are lazy , you wont be charged more at airplanes and you can find cloths at your size much easier

we should do something about all this privileges , this article made me feel sorry about fat people
    "Born Thin"

Everyone is born thin, it's what you do with your diet and exercise from there on out that decides whether you will remain thin or not. (Not including the tiny percentage of people who have health issues which cause them to be obese.)
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.