Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Maybe she sees that Azeroth is the only world worth a damn. From which all threats can be beaten back

- - - Updated - - -

This is the theory i most subscribe to
    i think she is a goddes of balance, everything that is said about her seems to point to that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    i think she is a goddes of balance, everything that is said about her seems to point to that
    I could see that seeing how the Night Elves aren't like super 100% holy light followers. Which you think they might be if their prime god was only a light god

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I think Elune is the equivalent of a Light Lord. She can't exactly appear in our realm, yet can influence it. And may have created the Naaru, like the Void Lords created the Old Gods.
    I'm not saying that doesn't make sense. BUT, then how would she have a connection to the Titans, and why would they name one of their artifacts after her? The Titans are arcane, not light.

All we really know for sure is that Elune is connected to both the Titans and the Naaru.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I'm not saying that doesn't make sense. BUT, then how would she have a connection to the Titans, and why would they name one of their artifacts after her? The Titans are arcane, not light.

All we really know for sure is that Elune is connected to both the Titans and the Naaru.
    Well, while Eonar is, apparently, the most obvious connection, Blizzard is yet to clarify this.

What if Eonar is also a Priestess of Elune? Think of the possibilities.

I think if Elune was a Light Lord or something it would of been in the Chronicle, as the Void Lords and Old God are both highlighted in the cosmology chart and have paragraphs describing them. Whilst only the Naaru are highlighted on the Light Side, Elune is not above them.

She could just be a Naaru, as Velen and Khadgar speculate. Tyrande does not believe this however.

The fact that Elune is associated with the Moon does associate her with Darkness as well as Light too.

She also has ridiculous powers like the power to grant immortality and turn dragons in constellations, as well as shielding Tyrande from harm and presumably creating Nightsabers and Owlkin. Which is a pretty wide array of abilities.

If she ended up being Azeroth herself it would currently make the most sense, with Azeroth being the most powerful Titan to date having these powers and being able to occasionally affect the world would make the most sense.

Will be interesting to find out what she is.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-10-09 at 03:42 AM.

Nah Elune is the only true GOD in the WoW universe all other Gods, Titans, Old Gods were created by her to fill the emptiness of her existence by creating a living reality TV show for her to watch, she's sitting on the couch in her snuggie, munching popcorn and pissing herself laughing at the antics of her favorite show.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Elune is the orbital half of the Reorigination system that Night elves found a way to access in their cleansing rituals. As the one time we actually see Elune intercede in game it is to remove corruption in a Satyr, the same as the numerous Titan purifying devices we have interacted with over the course of the game. That or it's just Eonar the whole time from her hiding hole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Why else would Elune bother with Ysera? The Titans created the dragons n love them!

Or Ysera acted as a foster mother to Elune's son Cenarius...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    When Cenarius' birth sent a ripple through the Emerald Dream, Ysera took an immediate interest in him. Guiding him into the Dream, she taught him much of its secrets and became a foster mother of sorts to him. In fact, the affectionate understanding that she and Cenarius shared has led many of Azeroth's elder races to mistake the pair for mother and son. (WC Encyclopedia)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsword View Post
    Elune is the orbital half of the Reorigination system that Night elves found a way to access in their cleansing rituals. As the one time we actually see Elune intercede in game it is to remove corruption in a Satyr, the same as the numerous Titan purifying devices we have interacted with over the course of the game. That or it's just Eonar the whole time from her hiding hole.
    Elune has had more interactions than that. And the reorigination device is only ever described to be on Azeroth.

I maintain the theory that Elune is a guardian over the sleeping titan Azeroth, and her spirit resides in the moon, like a mini-titan. The Ysera death scene pushes this idea, I believe.

I believe the truth lies in what Aegwynn says about the Tears of Elune in the Tomb of Sargeras: "These tears of perfect beauty embody the dream of what our world could be."

If Elune is a, or the only, Light Lord, she could want to merge with Azeroth's World Soul to become a Light Titan, the thematic opposite of the Void Lords' Void Titan.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2017-10-20 at 11:44 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "The player character makes contact with the Prime Naaru, Xe'ra. She confirms that she and the other Naaru were made by Elune in the great ordering of Light and Shadow. This connects Elune to The Light, the same power that humans revere."
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Goddess_Watch_Over_You
    "If Elune did create Xe'ra, then it stands to reason that we could use the Tears of Elune to unlock the secrets of Light's Heart."
    and guess what the tear of elune did open the secrets of light heart

Seems the clashing had elune "maybe the light itself" create the naaru

also yes i meant by the titan keepers, idk why i didnt say "keepers" after
    X'era heart when interacted in class hall states that she was FORGED on Azeroth many years ago. Nothing more nothing less. Now in the audio drama if i am not mistaken Xera recognizes that she has failed the world of Azeroth many years ago or something between these lines (cannot recall it now need to listen to that thing again).
    She never mentioned Elune or any titan whatsoever at least to what i can recall now.
    Where does your first quote come from ?
    Also from the various cinematics and the audio drama X'era never ever mentions Elune or any other light being but her being the light mother or w/e pompous title she hhad her minions use for her. Would be weird if Elune that participated in her and beign a supreme being of the light as never ever mentione by any naaru we hace encountred sofar.
    Last edited by mmoc0e2bb9485a; 2017-10-21 at 01:06 AM.

What's Elune connection to Eonar?

Eonar fight in Antorus happens in a place called Elunaria. What is that place anyway and why is it named after Elune? Why does Elune get a Pillar of Creation, which is attached to Titans?
    Last edited by Nize; 2017-10-21 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Curious, if Elune is old and created the Naruu, why is the only world she's mentioned on is Azeroth?
    To be honest, the work around that would be simply, they don't call her Elune. Even Taurens call her Mu'sha since she is one of the eyes of the Mother Goddess.

Not saying that, that's the case since Blizzard dropped the nugget of information in passing through a questline from Khadgar as a mere suggestion.
    Even then, it still throws up questions. If it is revealed potentially what Elune is then you could probably find links elsewhere later, potentially it called by different names but that sits with Blizzard now and 8.0.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not really possible, is it? Elune seems to be older than Azeroth after all.

My theory is that Elune is one of the most powerful of the Primal Naaru. She descended on Azeroth during the time of the Black Empire to soothe the tortured world soul but was badly injured by the Old Gods who fought over the right to torture her eternally in the Battle of K'tanh. Y'shaarj won and claimed her right at the location of the Tomb of Sargeras, were the tortured Naaru's tears collected and formed the Tears of Elune. When Y'shaarj died at the hands of Aman'thul, Elune's core remained at that location and hid within the newly formed Well of Eternity. After the Titans had left Azeroth and nursed by the lifeblood of the world soul, she ascended and remains on the White Lady since, watching the Titan she has prophesized to be the only chance of the universe against the Void Lords.
    Obviously that's just that, a theory.
    I like that theory quite a lot. Makes for a logical and chronological timeframe.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-10-21 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    What's Elune connection to Eonar?

Eonar fight in Antorus happens in a place called Elunaria. What is that place anyway and why is it named after Elune? Why does Elune get a Pillar of Creation, which is attached to Titans?
    Didn't the Elunaria got its name changed? Basically killing all the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Not that I know of. If anything it had to be a recent change since Elunaria and Elunarian Sanctuary is still listed on Live's Antorus map.

Edit: Oh found what you're speaking of. Elunaria is intact, but Elunarian Sanctuary was renamed Elarian Sanctuary. They both still use ElunariaWalk music file.
    Last edited by Nize; 2017-10-21 at 02:39 PM.

The Naaru has never shown the ability to create life forms let alone a demigod but we know through an in-universe speculation that she created Xera. She is also connected to the titans enough that one of the pillars is named after her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not really possible, is it? Elune seems to be older than Azeroth after all.

My theory is that Elune is one of the most powerful of the Primal Naaru. She descended on Azeroth during the time of the Black Empire to soothe the tortured world soul but was badly injured by the Old Gods who fought over the right to torture her eternally in the Battle of K'tanh. Y'shaarj won and claimed her right at the location of the Tomb of Sargeras, were the tortured Naaru's tears collected and formed the Tears of Elune. When Y'shaarj died at the hands of Aman'thul, Elune's core remained at that location and hid within the newly formed Well of Eternity. After the Titans had left Azeroth and nursed by the lifeblood of the world soul, she ascended and remains on the White Lady since, watching the Titan she has prophesized to be the only chance of the universe against the Void Lords.
    Obviously that's just that, a theory.
    Most of that could work, except the Tears of Elune part. The Pillars of Creation already have an origin story somewhat set in stone. They're stated in Chronicle and Legion to have been created by the Titans themselves to shape the world when it was young.

The only thing we don't know is why the others are named after Titans, while one is named after Elune. It could simply be that it was named that way by the Night Elves that found it, and the name stuck - or the Titans named it that way on purpose. But, it almost certainly was made by Eonar, considering her sanctuary is named after Elune as well.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Is Elune a naaru?

During a recent visit to Darnassus by Velen, he explained that the kaldorei's description of Elune, as well as the demonstrated powers of the goddess, matched his experiences with powerful naaru. He began to offer advice regarding how to commune with powerful naaru, but Tyrande thanked him for his opinion, then cordially requested that he refrain from making such outlandish claims when in Darnassus or in the presence of Elune's priesthood.

What is Elune? Is she tied to any other beings (Naaru, Titans, Loa, Elementals, An'she, etc) in the setting’s cosmology?

See the final answer in Ask Creative Development, Round 2. Velen has been a prophet of the naaru for many thousands of years, and it’s unlikely that he would propose such a theory without significant evidence and consideration.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I believe they name changed it to "Elarian Sanctuary"

Formerly known as Arafal

Xal referred to Elune as the "goddess upstart". Elune created the naaru apparently. I derive that Elune is most likely to be the Void Gods' chief rival. Possibly Elune is a Void God that rebelled against the others and created the universe itself.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.