Thread: Mage Leveling

Mage Leveling

How does everyone level up as a frost Mage? I've obviously done it from 1 - 100, but I remember when leveling in MoP, I would die... like constantly.
    I don't remember WoD too well, but I just know it's been terrible lately.

Maybe I'm bad at leveling, but there has to be an easier way. I use my elemental, but idk...

Anyone else have a problem with being super squishy?

I levelled as Arcane, you tend to 1 shot quest mobs with fully stacked arcane blast and once you get arcane explosion you can basically just spam it til everything dies.

You're always gonna be squishy as a mage, get used to it.

Arcane is pretty much one button spam for leveling... stuff dies so fast. I just finished Argus chain with like 815ilvl... same thing.

Deleted
    Learn to cc and you wont die, thats the point of being frost lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm, frost is probably the easiest way to level as a mage. Everything you do has a built in slow, nothing should ever hit you in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by syandell86 View Post
    How does everyone level up as a frost Mage? I've obviously done it from 1 - 100, but I remember when leveling in MoP, I would die... like constantly.
    I don't remember WoD too well, but I just know it's been terrible lately.

Maybe I'm bad at leveling, but there has to be an easier way. I use my elemental, but idk...

Anyone else have a problem with being super squishy?
    Frost nova. Pet nova. Ice Armor.

1-98 Arcane for sure, you just lolAB your way through basically everything.

Broken Isles things change a bit, with mobs a lot tougher than before. Arcane is probably too fragile for that since things don't just fall over in 1.5 seconds. You can still use it, of course, and it's not THAT much worse.

Fire and Frost are fairly close imo. Frost has more control for sure, but Fire can abuse Firestarter something fierce to spam Pyros left and right, which can be very efficient for questing. Personally I prefer Fire for that reason, but Frost has absolutely solid damage no question about it.

Deleted
    Uh yeah, i'm lvling as arcane, as should you or anyone that is currently leveling a mage. It literally has obscene dps in low level dungeons, as in doing 3/4th of all the dps of the entire party.

You just spam arcane explosion on trash and win everything. I`ve leveled every class to 110 apart from a rogue and DH, so yeah. Arcane explosion 2shots random quest mobs too, so you can gather up like 10 mobs at once, push 2 globals and everything is dead. Its hilarious.

Frost or Arcane. Fire struggles with low gear as it's so crit dependant and slow casting for nothing, so leveling it isn't ideal