Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Russia has a GDP smaller than Italy.

The notion of them as anything more than a regional power is ludicrous, let alone engaging with the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

Funny how that A-bomb being used is always brought up when during the same time you had the Japanese attempting genocide over multiple countries and killing millions during that time.

And then how China turned around and did the same thing afterwards.

Or Russia using those bombs on its own people.
    im not disagreeing with the decision, im just saying we have proven already we're willing to handle the real threats if we have to

unfortunately i dont trust the guy with our red button to make the right decision, ruthless and powerful =/= being dumb
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Everything as they would loose big time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    A bunch of soft communists in America are so salty their girl lost an election that they write fanfic about a Russian leader. C L A S S I C
    Clinton is a commie now lmao

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Russia has a GDP smaller than Italy.

The notion of them as anything more than a regional power is ludicrous, let alone engaging with the US.
    Russia has been for decades now worked up as this big huge America sized super power that is a threat to the world and the constant villain, in popular media (and a bit of propaganda because the government having a boogie man is helpful).

The reality is much different, but then again the American populace gets their world news from movies more often than not and will defend what they've seen in movies as if its fact, mostly because they dont realize that the information they are spouting was from a movie since they've just seen it so often. I mean, everyone just knows that Russia is super power and strong and a threat to everyone, right?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I think you underestimate China and Russia, some of their tech might be behind the US, but in the end, it's basically a USA vs Russia & China. What about NATO you may say, well the US is actually the only country capable of defending itself, most of the European countries have political leaders slowly dismantling their military, you'll have some countries that would be able to defend some parts of their country but those might only be Britain, France and Germany. Although the US might have bases all over Europe, those bases ain't worth jack shit if Russia wants to invade Europe, you say the US would decimate Russia but I have my doubts, Russia would probably focus on grabbing Europe which would cut the US off from a lot of important supplies. An example that I know of is the fact that one of the companies producing missiles for the fighter jets the US employs aren't capable of producing said missiles rocket engine, they have to buy them from a company in Europe because the US industry is a joke.

Russia is also right next to china, so it would be hard to cut them off from each other. You say ground troops are the most useless? I think Chrimea would like to have a word with you.

All of this is ofc assuming that no one uses a nuke... which is why nothing will ever happen.

He risks losing everything. Litterally the world itself could be destroyed in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyNex View Post
    I think you underestimate China and Russia, some of their tech might be behind the US, but in the end, it's basically a USA vs Russia & China. What about NATO you may say, well the US is actually the only country capable of defending itself, most of the European countries have political leaders slowly dismantling their military, you'll have some countries that would be able to defend some parts of their country but those might only be Britain, France and Germany. Although the US might have bases all over Europe, those bases ain't worth jack shit if Russia wants to invade Europe, you say the US would decimate Russia but I have my doubts, Russia would probably focus on grabbing Europe which would cut the US off from a lot of important supplies. An example that I know of is the fact that one of the companies producing missiles for the fighter jets the US employs aren't capable of producing said missiles rocket engine, they have to buy them from a company in Europe because the US industry is a joke.

Russia is also right next to china, so it would be hard to cut them off from each other. You say ground troops are the most useless? I think Chrimea would like to have a word with you.

All of this is ofc assuming that no one uses a nuke... which is why nothing will ever happen.
    Not really. Many EU nations still have pretty robust and advanced military's. Russia wouldnt just go in and stomp everyone. They dont even have the wealth to maintain a long term war. They'd collapse in on themselves.

Their own military isnt that impressive. Nor is Chinas. All they have is numbers, period.

Please dont buy into the blatantly false rhetoric of the conservative party that only the US, Russia, and China have a military and everyone else ignores it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Well if he wins, he conquers the US and all its land and becomes an emperor dictator in scope of power so that's not really worth explaining.
    There's no winning, in this world war 3. The planet will die.

youtube.com/watch?v=pkAe6pg0UJo

You seem not to realise that in case of an all-out war, we all lose, not just Putin. That's why ever since the Soviets got their hands on nuclear weapons, wars are relegated to proxy localised conflicts.

There'll be no all-out war between USA, Russia and, prob, China. What we see now has been this way since 40s, it's just amplified by media.

In Russia many things are blamed on USA, its spies and NCOs. USA is used as a scapegoat there. USA does the same, if anything goes wrong it's pesky Russians' doing, previously they also liked to blame Chinese, but it's trendier to use Russia as a scapegoat now.

Thing is, both countries need to unite/control their people and parts of the world they are in. Having an external enemy is a must because fear unites, even if threat of war isn't real it has to be amplified and presented as such, otherwise people get too relaxed and start thinking about more important internal problems way more than they should, and that's bad, really bad for the government.

Propaganda works wonders.

Well if he wins, he conquers the US and all its land and becomes an emperor dictator in scope of power so that's not really worth explaining.
    Do you think there is any chance in hell that would happen?

what would Vladimir Putin have to lose
    his life...

It has been the policy of both the U.S and russia for the first response of a provocation from one another to resort to nuclear war, so ultimately it would be a waste wtih most people on earth dead and unhabitable, but if we take nuclear weapons out of the equation, id have to say our conventional military is stronger and putin would probably lose assuming its russia vs us thing without china taking russias side that changes the dynamic completely .

Deleted
    Ok?

North Korea is ONLY dangerous because what they can do to S Korea in a days time. Their forces are many but weak and their technology very behind. There is absolutely NO question that they would be obliterated in any real war if they started to aggress. All they can do is march people around due to their lack of anything not-ground based and they dont have the supplies to attack anything outside of a few hundred miles from their homeland.

For christs sake, they are going through a famine right now because their agricultural technology is so behind. Armies march no their stomachs and N Korea cannot supply that.
    How do i know there's a famine? Those who escape n are paid large sums the nastier their stories are? Some change stories or trip on their own lies. Would be nice with some unbiased reports.

US is hardly known for fair n balanced reports to those they deem enemies. Lying is expected.

Do you know the size of NK harvest?

Deleted
    funny how americans still think they are the big bad boys when throughout history they haven't won a single war against opponent worth mentioning and almost lost multiple times to laughable enemies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    There'll be no all-out war between USA, Russia and, prob, China. What we see now has been this way since 40s, it's just amplified by media.

In Russia many things are blamed on USA, its spies and NCOs. USA is used as a scapegoat there. USA does the same, if anything goes wrong it's pesky Russians' doing, previously they also liked to blame Chinese, but it's trendier to use Russia as a scapegoat now.

Thing is, both countries need to unite/control their people and parts of the world they are in. Having an external enemy is a must because fear unites, even if threat of war isn't real it has to be amplified and presented as such, otherwise people get too relaxed and start thinking about more important internal problems way more than they should, and that's bad, really bad for the government.

Propaganda works wonders.
    Propaganda? US interferes in their own allies elections n have with Russia's. Also supported bloody coup n sunk democracy in Ukraine. US threat is real, not imagined.

Hillary doesn't campaign in swing states even though obama did n her husband did too with slogan "it's the economy, stupid" her own hybris her downfall n now blames russia...
    Threat from russia, is imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    How do i know there's a famine? Those who escape n are paid large sums the nastier their stories are? Some change stories or trip on their own lies. Would be nice with some unbiased reports.

US is hardly known for fair n balanced reports to those they deem enemies. Lying is expected.

Do you know the size of NK harvest?
    Conspiracy theories are not allowed in mmo-champ.

Deleted
    Conspiracy theories are not allowed in mmo-champ.
    Ur right, I should report him.