Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Vareesa's the dullest Windrunner.
    Thats like comparing two potatoes. Sure, one may be a little bigger, but they're still just boring potatoes.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnar View Post
    Entertained by how you folks not entertained by Alleria's dark side are defining her by who she's banging. Define women by their partners much?
    But they aren't banging anymore because Turaylon can't handle the touch of the Void, remember?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    But they aren't banging anymore because Turaylon can't handle the touch of the Void, remember?
    Well that and blizzard are kinda the ones who defined her by her being with Turalyon. Hell thats how she's introduced. Her Dark Powers had a "Screw you husband I have my own power" vibe going too to the point they are defined by being opposite to Turalyon.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2017-10-08 at 12:38 PM.

She's more interesting than her husband at least but thats not saying much. As of now the only thing making her remotely interesting is her interest in using void magic, but its the void thats the interesting part and not her actual character. I would like to see how she reacts to what happened to Sylvanas and the fate of Quel'Thalas, maybe it would actually drive her insane to the point that she can no longer control her void magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disregarding who Alleria is banging,her character development in Legion(including the audio drama) has been pretty nice.But to be honest i'm more interested in Locus Walker than in Alleria or Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Thats like comparing two potatoes. Sure, one may be a little bigger, but they're still just boring potatoes.
    I don't consider Sylvanas to be boring, and Alleria has potential. I like them both. The most interesting thing Vareesa has done to date was to act as a foil to Sylvanas in Warcrimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    At first they are all thinking about how bland and inferior humans are but by the end of the book they realize the error of their ways.

HUMANITY FUCK YEAH
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with HUMANITY FUCK YEAH. Especially if mass genocide of non-humans is main form of presenting that mentality. The issue is when humans are presented to be "just" better than other races regardless of any strenght or weaknesses that should be present in setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with HUMANITY FUCK YEAH. Especially if mass genocide of non-humans is main form of presenting that mentality. The issue is when humans are presented to be "just" better than other races regardless of any strenght or weaknesses that should be present in setting.
    You mean the humans shouldnt be the best magic users despite being allies with an immortal race of mages. Shouldnt be the best scouts and secretive types despite being allies with a race who has an army of immortal secretive scouts, and shouldn't always be the best fighters despite being allied with a race of stout and muscular warriors with a penchant for making amazing wargear?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    The Third Windrunner sister who fell in love with Turalyon during the Second War and pursued the Horde into the Dark Portal who disappeared until now. She was the strongest of the Windrunner sisters and also the first one to fall in love with a human, as all three of them end of doing. Her son is Arator.
    unless it was reconnected, Sylvanas was the most skilled of the three wind-runners.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the humans shouldnt be the best magic users despite being allies with an immortal race of mages. Shouldnt be the best scouts and secretive types despite being allies with a race who has an army of immortal secretive scouts, and shouldn't always be the best fighters despite being allied with a race of stout and muscular warriors with a penchant for making amazing wargear?
    Humans gotta be the best at everything because writing other races is too hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I love how she falls into void, embraces it and lives with it without being corrupted (by now)

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Instead of turning her into Azeroth's benevolent void deity, I think they should've let her character be and gradually develop it towards an end they see fit, even if it requires infusing her with the power of the void. How does she feel about the Alliance? How does she feel about the Horde? How does she feel about Sylvanas? How does she feel about Quel'thalas? How does she feel about the Scourge and what happened primarily to the Northern Eastern Kingdoms? What goal does she have within the army of the Light? How does she feel about them? What does she think of what Kael'thas did? How does she respond to knowing Illidan pulled Kael'thas into the wrong direction and now sees him in front of her? All the characters there could've been gradually informing her and even made her pull some other stunts.

We got small hints which resemble answers to the questions above, but it felt bleak. A few sentences about how she can't believe Sylvanas now leads the Horde feel like an insult to the long-awaited return of such a character. The void infusion could've been put on hold and postponed, with her gradually stepping away towards the void in front of the players, instead of just miraculously dropping an ethereal called "Locus Walker" onto the player's head.
    Gotta have to agree with this. What I'm really struggling to digest is how incredibly "pulled-out-of-some-ass" her Void development feels. The audio drama didn't really help at all. The Locus Walker's teachings were spot on yet the language was so simplified it seemed I was attending to a lesson in some elementary school. Still, from those simple teachings and (of course) Alleria's immense love for Arator she has suddenly become some crazy Void powerhouse despite the fact that none of her previous formation involved the use of Void magic.

I'm not saying it was something impossible to pull off but there's pretty much no struggle by her part, little to no sacrifice compared to the insane power boost. From the flawed character Alleria used to be in the novels, now she's dangerously stepping over Mary Sue territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Even better because that character was also writers wish- fulfillment cross species or whatever cringe romance.
    I think Tauriel was just Vereesa in disguise, who left WoW temporarily to carry some of her cringe into some other media. She fits more than Alleria as Tauriel, just like Vereesa, has been created with no other purpose but to bang a non-elf character. But hey, this time she fell in love with a dwarf. That counts as character development? Yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Good job blizz.. even if the lore basis of what she is mixed up in is a bit confusing. I like her.
    She's boring and looks like shit now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Gotta have to agree with this. What I'm really struggling to digest is how incredibly "pulled-out-of-some-ass" her Void development feels. The audio drama didn't really help at all. The Locus Walker's teachings were spot on yet the language was so simplified it seemed I was attending to a lesson in some elementary school. Still, from those simple teachings and (of course) Alleria's immense love for Arator she has suddenly become some crazy Void powerhouse despite the fact that none of her previous formation involved the use of Void magic.

I'm not saying it was something impossible to pull off but there's pretty much no struggle by her part, little to no sacrifice compared to the insane power boost. From the flawed character Alleria used to be in the novels, now she's dangerously stepping over Mary Sue territory.
    It was my take-away from the audio drama and Locus-Walker and Alleria's interactions that the Void was very liberal with power that it grants - it's not a matter of learning skills or practice, it's all a matter of willfulness and presence of mind. Tapping into the Void is easy and grants power swiftly, but that essential speed is also the Void's greatest trap: the more power you take from it the easier it is to lose yourself and become the Void's slave (or a twisted and feral abomination of your former self). The Light is the opposite - granting its power somewhat reluctantly, and requiring devotion and strict adherence to its dictates.

Alleria is very willful, this is an innate quality of personality and thus makes her a very strong Void user. The Void is granting her power at a geometric rate in the hopes of finally corrupting her, but as long as "her mind remains her own" and her will can contest that of the Void she can essentially make use of the power it grants her. If she ever falters, though; her life and likely her very soul would be instantly and irrevocably forfeit.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Alleria is very willful, this is an innate quality of personality and thus makes her a very strong Void user.
    I don't think that should really be enough to harness all that power in such little time and effort. Alleria's willful nature should be a premise for potential, not an excuse to make her achieve so much power with basically zero effort. This development will only be justified if Alleria's will shall be truly put to a test in the near future, struggling with the consequences of controlling a similar force. But the Void has been depicted as way too dangerous power to have one "good" character harnessing it so competently while showing no degree of struggle or personal sacrifice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is full of grown men that are angry over a childrens story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish blizzard grew balls for more extreme outcomes and make alleria mutate and die almost instantly. With cherry on top being locus walker comment like "Meh, another failure".

Its just so boring having all those "cool" heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    And you are angry about grown men being angry over a childrens story. Now THATS miserable.

You're on MMO-champion.

Pot calling the kettle black.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people are literally upset over storylines meant for teens and expect some next level writing out of a video game.

Who cares honestly. Game is basically a parody of some random anime meant for teenage boys.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-10-08 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    You people are literally upset over storylines meant for teens and expect some next level writing out of a video game.

Who cares honestly. Game is basically a parody of some random anime meant for teenage boys.

Infracted.
    If you gonna argue about things like that, at least find a less pathetic argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I don't think that should really be enough to harness all that power in such little time and effort. Alleria's willful nature should be a premise for potential, not an excuse to make her achieve so much power with basically zero effort. This development will only be justified if Alleria's will shall be truly put to a test in the near future, struggling with the consequences of controlling a similar force. But the Void has been depicted as way too dangerous power to have one "good" character harnessing it so competently while showing no degree of struggle or personal sacrifice.
    I'm hoping that is nature of the Alleria's story-arc going forward, assuming she continues to be a character the game focuses on to some extent. Her private war with the Void and the ebb and flow of her self-possession should be a key part of her ongoing development. But to be fair she's not really show an extreme excess of power just yet - she can collapse Void portals, excise chunks of walls, and presumably empower her own archery abilities with Void-based energies. This isn't really anything we've not seen other NPC's do during "cutscene power to the max" type segments, such as Khadgar unifying the three Mage energies to blow a hole in a reinforced damn, Illidan one-shotting Xe'ra with an eye blast, or Velen nuking Talgath with some form of Light ability.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead