Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    From an aesthetic point of view, sure, I'll give you your minute.

From a gameplay point of view, that zone can go "bleep* itself.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Suramar <3 Best zone they have ever done. The visually stunning city, the variety of different subzoned makes Suramar a truly awesome zone. The questline, the way we take back the city for the Nightborne, its all very nicely done. The perfect way to open up a raid. The Nighthold, CoS and the Arcway, very good dungeons all of them. And I loved that they made attunements for the two dungeons at launch.

Have done the questline or 4 chars, and its already making me nostalgic of how the first 1-2 months in Legion was. I was in Suramar 24/7

Suramar City itself, its for me the most visually stunning part of WoW. They really outdone themself there Blizz. Use that dark night potion in the city, cos and Nighthold, beautiful.

Suramar is the only city in WoW that actually feels like a city. It's a shame all the other cities will never get a revamp to feel like one, instead being forever a small hole. As much as I like Dalaran, I always thought it to be bizarre to be the size of a peanut.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Suramar was definitely awesome! One of my favorite parts of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Playing through this on an alt for the AP (so much AP at current AK), and realizing again how well done it was. Great art, best city (only real city), engaging game play, solid tie-ins with dungeons and raid, and some really good story telling. They had to listen through some players complaining about it being too hard or inconvenient, but some of us appreciated a wee bit of challenge in world content for a change. This is as good as anything Blizz has ever done, imho, and we can only hope the team responsible can come up with something comparable for next xpac.

The only city in WoW that really felt like one with good immersion and solid awareness required. While world quests without flying and with lower ilvls were very taxing, they were an exciting challenge. The design is flawless too.

You can really tell they've put in a lot of effort into the questline and the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    I still have nightmares about carrying barrels to the boat. Let that zone rot in hell for all eternity.
    I learned a valuable trick for navigating that city. Any crowd control, even ones you wouldn't think would, like roots, will prevent the detectors from casting their detect. Made getting around the city child's play. Even in areas packed to the bring. Root one mob, move close to the next detector. Root it, move out of first mob's range before it finishes its cast, repeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Suramar is the only city in WoW that actually feels like a city. It's a shame all the other cities will never get a revamp to feel like one, instead being forever a small hole. As much as I like Dalaran, I always thought it to be bizarre to be the size of a peanut.
    In early alpha they played around with having large cities. There's screenshots of a Goldshire with dozens of buildings that would fill most of current Elwynn. Then they realized they'd either have to have most of them empty or just like one vendor or npc in each one, and they'd just end up annoying their players having to run so far to do anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I learned a valuable trick for navigating that city. Any crowd control, even ones you wouldn't think would, like roots, will prevent the detectors from casting their detect. Made getting around the city child's play. Even in areas packed to the bring. Root one mob, move close to the next detector. Root it, move out of first mob's range before it finishes its cast, repeat.

- - - Updated - - -

In early alpha they played around with having large cities. There's screenshots of a Goldshire with dozens of buildings that would fill most of current Elwynn. Then they realized they'd either have to have most of them empty or just like one vendor or npc in each one, and they'd just end up annoying their players having to run so far to do anything.
    never liked city quests no matter how good the looks of the place but thats personal i just cant force meself to do that quest line outside the city no problem but i will not go incide it.

7+ Year Old Account
    fuck suramar, fuck the elves and fuck this so long boring shitlord chainquest

it is a beautiful place tough

BUT fuck

Aesthetics... yes.
    Capital City... yes.
    Questing Area... fook no... too crowded.

It could be a pain for questing, but I liked that it could be dangerous and a pain. Be so crowded with mobs and having nowhere to run much of the time if you mess up was something different. So many people complain that the game is too easy and there's basically no chance of dying while out in the world questing; then we get a place like this, where you have to be on your toes a bit and pay some attention and it gets continually pooped on for being "shit game play". I do agree though the whole questchain for the city and the zone in general just seemed too long.

Suramar is brilliant in every aspect. The whole zone is a shining hour in WoW and MMO history.

It's a very nice-looking city. But I found the quests to be annoying and getting around the place on the ground didn't really add anything. So I almost always just went to the highest spot I could find and used a glider to skip straight to the actual quest areas, then hearthed out after. It wasn't nearly interesting or engaging enough for me to want to return there, especially with the stupid disguise mechanic.

Strangely enough, I liked most of the quests in the surrounding land, however.

I loved it. Beautiful zone and questing. Only thing wrong with it was "Who goes there?"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if it gave me every legendary for every toon i have, the W.Q. "Go to the rendezvous point" is utter shit. I never once did it where it didn't bug out at some point.

Also, why didn't anyone care that i would regularly shank people, in public, and steal from them?

5+ Year Old Account
    gameplay ptsd. visually stunning. it will be a feature of legion that will definitely be remembered years later lol.

Make it a capital city, an no FLY zone and a no MOUNT zone

It looks good but it was not fun to play through.
    Doing a quest in there once or twice maybe buit after that it just got annoying.

Feels like wasted development time that they could have put into a player city instead.

Deleted
    I agree. This is how a city should look like in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    best city
    You lost me right here. This city could have a nuke dropped on it and I'd still want the ashes to burn. There's a difference between "a wee bit of challenge" and "nearly impossible to take 5 steps." This city requires you to be good at MGS game play to enjoy, and I can't do that. I suck at stealth. I don't mind it when they require stealth for a quest or two. I get it, appeal to as many as you can, and a quest or two doesn't throw me into fits of rage usually. But an entire city that takes up a quarter of the zone and three quarters of the zone's content? The rage didn't end until I could fly. Even then there are times I'm easily triggered into rage due to pure habit.

Deleted
    I'm still stunned by Suramar. It must be one of the greatest things ever added into WoW. Both the aesthetics and the questing is brilliant.

I find it disheartening that so many people seem to dislike the disguise mechanic and how crowded Suramar is. It's a city full of enemies. Rarely is your disguise removed if you just pay attention to where you're going. Why do people want everything to be easy?