Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not really, I still have fun and have continued to have fun since BC when I started.

Legion is a much MUCH better iteration of this game than Wrath was. Both in storytelling, content, execution and gameplay.

There's a reason for why a recurring complaint during Wrath, was in regards to how non-raiders would just sit in a city spamming "LFM/LFG", and later queued in the Dungeon finder. I was actually lambasted for saying that I had stuff to do in farming herbs and completing the Argent Tournament...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-08 at 01:44 PM.

>wrathbaby takes a swing at Legion
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Those who claim legion is a better iteration than WotLK have no taste in quality whatsoever, period.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    TBC/Legion are my favorite Expansions.

Never got the love for Wrath, other than the Lore.

MoP/WoD are my least favorite.
    I have to second this.
    I can never forgive blizzard for doing the panda stuff.
    After that was done, let's revamp an already existing zone and recycle the lore. My initial feelings were that MoP was a sellout to the Asian market. And WoD was just blizzard not being creative at all, instead just implementing something out of their head.
    Before that, you had the disaster of the Dragon soul and poor ending for Deathwing lore.
    Those 3 things kept me out of wow for sure, but I was also busy doing other things.

Wow could have been a lot better had they implemented a new big villain for expansion after Cata.
    I'm totally biased towards Pandaria since I didn't play that expansion at all. Cata had nice things such as Uldum and Hyjal zone's and the experimental underwater content. Very good graphics at that time. So did MoP, but the friggin' panda's everywhere!
    How do you go from Egypt, Elemental lords and dragons to Panda's and RP?
    Last edited by patuxz; 2017-10-08 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Those who claim legion is a better iteration than WotLK have no taste in quality whatsoever, period.
    Nah, the other way around I'd say.

Nostalgia blindness =/= taste in quality. Objectively, Legion has so much more to it than WOTLK ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    People are BLINDED by nostalgia.
    Fun thing is people who says current WoW is better than what it was before use nostalgia as their main argument...

As for OP - TBC was the greatest expansion in terms how it changed game and add so MANY new stuff. None of the rest expansions did such a big step in improving and adding new content as TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by patuxz View Post
    I'm totally biased towards Pandaria since I didn't play that expansion at all. .
    Explains how you could miss out on the themes of genocide, slavery, faction wars, Troll threat, Mantid etc etc...

Not entirely unusual when it comes to the "Hurr panda I never forgif!!"-people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Fun thing is people who says current WoW is better than what it was before use nostalgia as their main argument...
    Noo, there's also the use of objective factors such as the amount of content added. We've had more content delivered in a year of Legion than previous iterations had throughout their entire lifetime.

But, the people blinded by nostalgia, won't listen to reason. Which is probably why pulling the nostalgia card is the easier way out for people having grown tired of attempting real discussions with that crowd.

PS. In case some rabid fanboy of a previous iteration comes along to combat the content delivery, I'll leave this here:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_2.3.0

Raid, Guild Banks and mostly QoL changes.

In fairness a good patch.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_2.1.0

Meaty patch. Raid, multiple reps, New Arena and Druid Flight Form.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_2.2.0

Literally voice chat. OH MAN I GOTTA GET ON THAT VOICE CHAT. SUCH THRILLING CONTENT EVERYONE!

Now Wrath.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_3.1.0

Ulduar (amazing raid) and the Argent Tournament dailies with some usual QoL/class changes.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_3.2.0

TotC, Heroic Mode and Isle of Conquest with the usual QoL/class changes.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_3.3.0

ICC (which was gated if I recall), Dungeon Finder and updates to quest tracking.
    In that same thread @Eleccybubb also lists Classic patch content.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-08 at 02:07 PM.

Noo, there's also the use of objective factors such as the amount of content added. We've had more content delivered in a year of Legion than previous iterations had throughout their entire lifetime.

But, the people blinded by nostalgia, won't listen to reason. Which is probably why pulling the nostalgia card is the easier way out for people having grown tired of attempting real discussions with that crowd.
    Hurr Durr more content hurr durr you blind by nostalgia... You just proved my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Hurr Durr more content hurr durr you blind by nostalgia... You just proved my point.
    Thanks for proving mine. Like I said, the people blinded by nostalgia, won't listen to reason.

It's entirely possible though to feel stronger for a particular iteration of the game, obviously, based on personal merits. I still feel stronger for a previous iteration than I do for Legion, but can't sit around and with a straight face make the argument that that previous iteration was superior in execution.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-08 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    That is very true. Nostalgic feelings towards the game is preventing people from seeing what a shit show Legion has been. They are actively working towards the removal of both MMO features and RPG features.
    Its funny that they don't seem to realise that nostalgia is actually what drives current WoW. Most of the remaining playerbase have played the game for so long that they can't just leave all of their progress behind, after WoW has been a huge part to their lifes. Thats not to say that people can't be liking WotLK due to nostalgia aswell, but the nostalgia excuse is not so one-sided and its really just a void argument.

I'm not surprised that people continue to believe their own opinions to be facts in the rest of the thread. There's nothing statistics wise that shows Legion is a better game, WotLK had at least 3x as many subs, the MMO-C boards and other WoW forums were A LOT busier, and it was generally considered to be a mainstream game where it got spoofed a lot. Legion may seem to have more content on paper, but its only up to you whether you find it worthwhile content and that it actually makes the game fun or better. From my own perspective I think 7.2 was complete thrash and has HURTED the game, while 7.3 is heading to a better direction but Argus is way to similiar to Broken Isles in terms of content.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sense of adventure is missing greatly. We need great story telling again!

That is very true. Nostalgic feelings towards the game is preventing people from seeing what a shit show Legion has been. They are actively working towards the removal of both MMO features and RPG features.
    Look at this thread. People are stating that Legion is superior to WotLK. I remember a time which you'd be ridiculed for saying such thing in mmo-c. True WoW players are not even visiting mmo-c anymore.

I totally agree, Blizzard is raping their own child.

Legion has more RPG-features than any previous iteration. Do tell, what amazing RPG features did WOTLK have? You quested to max level, only getting the story if you bothered to read the quest text. You got to max level, and started running dungeons or pvping, maybe raiding if you belonged to that crowd. You even got rep by equipping a tabard and running the same old dungeons over and over again...

Meanwhile in Legion: Order Halls, spec questlines with an artifact for each spec, profession quests, Talking head, scaling tech, Suramar, Argus, Class mounts, more voice acting than ever before, zones having cohesive story and leading into dungeons, often having cinematics and cutscenes galore.

And if you wanna argue that the "MMO features" have been "removed", WOTLK introduced the Group Finder tool, not Legion. But that's a dumb argument to begin with.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-08 at 03:22 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everything Post Wrath except for 6.1->end of WoD (I enjoyed WoD release a lot) has been progressively better than the previous.

Pandaria was amazing, Cata made the old world great, Draenor was fun to Level in WoD, Legion is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Legion has more RPG-features than any previous iteration. Do tell, what amazing RPG features did WOTLK have? You quested to max level, only getting the story if you bothered to read the quest text. You got to max level, and started running dungeons or pvping, maybe raiding if you belonged to that crowd.
    DOn't bother to argue with them. There seems to be a moronic group of people that somehow believe WoW is no longer a RPG somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    The sense of adventure is missing greatly. We need great story telling again!
    in comparison to what? Vanilla/TBC/half of Wrath was horrible Story telling if you are talking about "old" times.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Look at this thread. People are stating that Legion is superior to WotLK. I remember a time which you'd be ridiculed for saying such thing in mmo-c. True WoW players are not even visiting mmo-c anymore.

I totally agree, Blizzard is raping their own child.
    Lol, goddamn you people are nearly as delusional as you are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    While I enjoyed Wotlk people seem to forget the horrible parts of it:
    - RE-used Naxx that was cleared in what? 24 hours? (Nowadays people would start a massive shit-storm)
    - ToC (One of the worst raids in WoW to date)
    - Unbalanced PVP; Bonus: Who remembers the good old days of Wintergrasp when it was 10:1?
    - 1 year of ICC without any content updates (Ruby sanctum doesn't count guys)
    -Naxx was actually cleared by lvl 77's before they fixed flying oversights, which is hilarious....
    -ToC was a decent filler raid waiting for ICC. Was nice to have a raid with no trash and quick progression
    -Unbalanced pvp? Pvp has never been balanced, it never will be balanced, it literally cannot be balanced completely.
    -Right.. with such noted lack of wait times at the end of Cata, MoP and WoD right?

EVERY expansion will have its good and bad points

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I feel like WoW must have the worst community in the gaming world. Wherever you might look, you only see posts that just say "wow is bad" without any legit argument which can't be easily countered. It's insane, I like the mmochamp community but this is driving me away from it.
    You clearly dont play LoL XD

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Everything Post Wrath except for 6.1->end of WoD (I enjoyed WoD release a lot) has been progressively better than the previous.

Pandaria was amazing, Cata made the old world great, Draenor was fun to Level in WoD, Legion is great.

- - - Updated - - -

DOn't bother to argue with them. There seems to be a moronic group of people that somehow believe WoW is no longer a RPG somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

in comparison to what? Vanilla/TBC/half of Wrath was horrible Story telling if you are talking about "old" times.
    You're right, these people can stick to their delusions and keep hailing WOTLK as the pinnacle of this game, yet I bet you gold that they were part of the crowd giving WOTLK SO much shit when it was current.

15+ Year Old Account
    Itt: you're not allowed to like old games. Well im glad everybody agrees ff13 and 15 are better than 6 and 7

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    WotLK is as much a victim of rose-tinted glasses as vanilla or BC. Legion is a much better iteration of WoW than Wrath was.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

*breathes in*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH