Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    That is what many people fail to realize.
    Good on many people, because the two careers and the reaction to them, was completely different. Even if you ignore that only one of the two set any meaningful statistics and went to the Super Bowl. How many teams gave Tebow a shot? Broncos, Jets, Patriots? How about Kap? 49ers?

Kap has played for as many teams, as super bowls he's been to. Tebow has played for as many teams, as his avarage for completed passes in a game.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Literally?

I didn't have any issue with it. Where do I fit in your binary world of black and white?
    As irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Good on many people, because the two careers and the reaction to them, was completely different. Even if you ignore that only one of the two set any meaningful statistics and went to the Super Bowl. How many teams gave Tebow a shot? Broncos, Jets, Patriots? How about Kap? 49ers?

Kap has played for as many teams, as super bowls he's been to. Tebow has played for as many teams, as his avarage for completed passes in a game.
    Maybe he would good enough with the right team, maybe he wouldn't. The bottom line is, the NFL really doesn't have to hire him if they don't want to if it isn't in his contract. No more than they have to hire anyone else. People can't even say it is a racial thing when nearly 3/4th's of the NFL players are black.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    As irrelevant.
    You wound me ;__;

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This statement shows a complete lack of knowledge when it comes to investigation.

For example, just today, for the first time, Google has uncovered evidence that Russian operatives exploited the company’s platforms in an attempt to interfere in the 2016 election.

New information continues to come to light. Daily. Buckle your seat belt my friend. This ride ain't over yet.
    So, in your mind, when people say "Washington", that doesn't mean DC, that just means on planet earth...or...something? My point is that people in Washington can't keep a secret. I have no idea how you could be so confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That's funny, because I don't remember giving a flying fuck about Tim Tebow.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus fucking christ, what is with you people thinking that any action critical of our country means "hate?"
    Hyperbole aside, it's a simple matter of fact. Patriots do not kneel for the flag. Period. If you do, you are not a patriot. Furthermore, if you kneel for our anthem, on foreign soil, and stand for theirs, you are by definition a traitor.

Hyperbole ahead! It's a simple matter of fact. Nationalists do not kneel for the flag. Period. If you do, you are not a nationalist. Furthermore, if you kneel for our anthem, on foreign soil, and stand for theirs, you are by definition at a multinational sporting event.
    Fixed that for you.

Being a traitor goes a little bit further than what you do during a fucking song.

Maybe he would good enough with the right team, maybe he wouldn't. The bottom line is, the NFL really doesn't have to hire him if they don't want to if it isn't in his contract. No more than they have to hire anyone else. People can't even say it is a racial thing when nearly 3/4th's of the NFL players are black.
    Lolwut?

"Not hiring the black guy that initiates a protest about police brutality and inequality towards minorities can't be a racial thing because look at all these other black people that haven't rocked the boat that they have on staff!"

For sure no one is obligated to hire him, that's not up for dispute. But to suggest there isn't something going on here smacks of willful ignorance.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love how over a year after it started, we have a Vice-President wasting tax payer money on the orders of the President, who is more worried about the politics of a televised sporting event than anything else.

I wonder if he can keep the oblivious distracted with this nonsense for the next 3 years? He's making a good go of it, seeing as we keep discussing this nonsensical issue in lieu of any actual governing on the administration's part.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if this is all just a cover up and Pence really left the game because the cheerleaders made him think naughty thoughts and he had to run home to confess?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Hyperbole aside, it's a simple matter of fact. Patriots do not kneel for the flag. Period. If you do, you are not a patriot. Furthermore, if you kneel for our anthem, on foreign soil, and stand for theirs, you are by definition a traitor.
    Hyperbole aside! AHAHAHAHAHAAAA!! Oh damn! Hyperbole..... ASIDE! Oh man... sides bursting...

You sir are a master of comedy. And that is not hyperbole

Fun fact - a green beret literally suggested kneeling as the way for Kaepernick to protest while still being respectful. Going to throw caution to the wind and assume a green beret has a better grasp on this subject than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked, no one is forcing anyone to hire Kap, while Tebow is now playing baseball. I don't see a reason to ignore mistrepresenting what the two did, regardless... Kap got his only team to the Super Bowl, then instead of it being a cash in, he signed what was seen as a team friendly deal. He didn't refuse to play Fullback for Rex Ryan, nor Belicheck...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Hyperbole aside! AHAHAHAHAHAAAA!! Oh damn! Hyperbole..... ASIDE! Oh man... sides bursting...

Fun fact - a green beret literally suggested kneeling as the way for Kaepernick to protest while still being respectful. Going to throw caution to the wind and assume a green beret has a better grasp on this subject than you.
    By Tijuana's own standards. That green beret is not a patriot.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    I love how over a year after it started, we have a Vice-President wasting tax payer money on the orders of the President, who is more worried about the politics of a televised sporting event than anything else.

I wonder if he can keep the oblivious distracted with this nonsense for the next 3 years? He's making a good go of it, seeing as we keep discussing this nonsensical issue in lieu of any actual governing on the administration's part.
    Do you really want to go into "wasteful" spending by political leaders? Do you? Because I'm telling you right now, I've got a list of democratic leaders who are disgustingly liberal with taxpayer money.

This "nonsensical" issue was started by a terrible QB and the media, not Trump.

10+ Year Old Account

I think it's baiting, more than comedy. Is there anyway we can both be right? The 'of' isn't really necessary either... /rimshot

Except a Green Beret was the one who specifically requested that Kaepernick kneel rather than sit, as kneeling is a sign of respect shown to fallen comrades.

"I want Colin Kaepernick and every American to stand because they want to stand, but I want them all to stand. I'm more interested if someone is taking a knee because they really care about something than the guy in the stands, or the girl in the stands, or whoever, that feels obligated to stand up when the anthem is played,"
    From Nate Boyer, the aforementioned Green Beret.

Oddly enough, he's one of the few people talking about the actual issue behind the protest rather than just the protest itself. Because almost all the criticism seems to stop once you hit the surface level of "Someone is kneeling during the National Anthem!" rather than continuing to drill down as to why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    Do you really want to go into "wasteful" spending by political leaders? Do you? Because I'm telling you right now, I've got a list of democratic leaders who are disgustingly liberal with taxpayer money.

This "nonsensical" issue was started by a terrible QB and the media, not Trump.
    Trump publicized it. It's not the media's fault he takes issue with the NFL because he sued, and got banned for life from NFL games. That's the reason he has to protest through Pence.

Go ahead and list some. Specifically one's where the VP or President fly somewhere only to walk out in protest, when they knew they were going to have to in advance.

Remember to include the millions of dollars and years wasted most recently on the Hillary investigations that were admitted to being nothing more than an attempt to ruin her political career.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except a Green Beret was the one who specifically requested that Kaepernick kneel rather than sit, as kneeling is a sign of respect shown to fallen comrades.

From Nate Boyer, the aforementioned Green Beret.

Oddly enough, he's one of the few people talking about the actual issue behind the protest rather than just the protest itself. Because almost all the criticism seems to stop once you hit the surface level of "Someone is kneeling during the National Anthem!" rather than continuing to drill down as to why.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how wrong they are.

The issue behind the protest has been lost in all this. I agree. I wonder why? Is this what pretty much everyone has been saying all along, that the protest doesn't advance the issue?

Also, the issue is factually bullshit. Usages of force are not on the rise, and there has been ZERO date presented, that supports ANY claims of discrepancies in use of force being race based. The stats literally paint the opposite picture of what BLM thinks is going on. Facts and truth used to be enough for wild eyed Liberals, but not anymore it seems.

The REAL issue, that deserves talking about, is cops getting off when they do wrong. This should not be a thing. But that doesn't mean a bunch of fake racist claims magically become true.

10+ Year Old Account
    My point is that people in Washington can't keep a secret. I have no idea how you could be so confused.
    And my point, is that the investigation is ongoing. You can't spill the beans, if the beans haven't been found. And since new facts are coming to light each day (as I demonstrated), an indictment against Trump is still within the realm of possibility.

I have no idea how you could be so confused.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate Mike Pence's right to protest, but I just don't feel doing it during the national anthem is appropriate. His show of disrespect to our Anthem is a slap in the face to the men and women who have died for our country.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I'm glad to be living in a country where that solider is free to speak his mind. I never said Kapernick ought not have the right to protest, just that he is an idiot protesting over an idiotic issue, and doing it in way that doesn't help his cause, in ANY way.