Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    While a stat squish would be helpful, I think a level squish is what we really need. Smash 110 to 55, and then have us level up 5 levels to 60 again.

Then 2 levels in Vanilla and onward are = 1 level. It's win win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So we'll have another 90-110 squish next expac so 1-110 is linear, then another squish later on down the line. Nothing wrong with that. We get our power increases so gearing through current content feels good, and numbers kept as under control as they can be.
    In the meanwhile, leveling is healthy and "current content" remains a clusterfuck.
    It's stupid.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The only people who want a stat squish are those incapable of understanding high numbers. Maybe educate yourself instead of insisting the game be dragged down to your level of understanding.
    Wow, you're worse than a Rick and Morty fan with 200+ IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    In the meanwhile, leveling is healthy and "current content" remains a clusterfuck.
    It's stupid.
    Do you have any specific examples of why you think current content is bad or suggestions on how to fix it? Cause that's the difference between constructive criticism and whining, sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Do you have any specific examples of why you think current content is bad or suggestions on how to fix it? Cause that's the difference between constructive criticism and whining, sorry.
    I already suggested it before.
    Stats should just be linear all the way, or curve all the way but with less ridiculous jumps.

We're talking about stats.
    The way stats progress while leveling is healthy, the way they progress end game is not.
    It's needless bloat in numbers, specially when there's enough mechanical upgrades to be had (crucible, trait bonuses and legendaries).

Blizzard's excuse for making ridiculous end game stat jumps is that "each tier must be an X% increase over the previous otherwise it's not fun".
    ...and then we get Titanforging + random sockets + random tertiaries that makes sure you never really get to that carrot.
    Even the "exceptions" - BiS Legendaries - often get an "about time" reaction, instead of excitement.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-10-15 at 11:52 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Stats should just be linear all the way, or curve all the way but with less ridiculous jumps.

We're talking about stats.
    The way stats progress while leveling is healthy, the way they progress end game is not.
    Basically.

WoW could learn from EQ1 (or a lot of other games). They're on expansion #24 and don't have this problem because the power creep is so incrementally small the numbers STILL aren't that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    The stat squish before had nothing to do with curbing player power, and it did not do that at all. It had to do with the game becoming unbearably laggy with older computers. Blizz has instead decided not to develop the game for older computers anymore.
    That is incorrect. They did it because their server code used 32bit integers and they were hitting the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That is incorrect. They did it because their server code used 32bit integers and they were hitting the limit.
    yep. Boss max hp limit was reached. That's why we had a stat squish. Remember SoO where every boss had 4 phases.

Hell no man. We will be hitting for trillions upon trillions because some dumb asses on the internet think hitting for 20 million on a 100 million HP target is really hardcore when it really just means the exact same thing as hitting target with a 100 HP and hitting it for 20.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Hell no man. We will be hitting for trillions upon trillions because some dumb asses on the internet think hitting for 20 million on a 100 million HP target is really hardcore when it really just means the exact same thing as hitting target with a 100 HP and hitting it for 20.
    so just let them do a squish again, like how it was wonderfully done last time. you go to raid A, you numbers are timed by 100, you go to dungeon B, you numbers are timed by 500. so immersive, so consistent, what could possibly go wrong?

Or just, like, add a B to the end for billion and walk away.

They alreayd said its coming. I dont know what the fuzz is all about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    For example(just example with imaginary numbers to explain my argument):
    MoP LFR - 50k DPS, MoP Mythic - 75k DPS (half times higher)
    WoD LFR - 100k DPS, WoD Mythic - 200k DPS (two times higher)
    Legion LFR - 400k DPS, Legion Mythic - 1200k DPS (three times higher)

The gear isn't getting better linear, but geometrical.
    MoP LFR - 50k DPS, MoP Mythic - 75k DPS (half times higher)
    WoD LFR - 100k DPS, WoD Mythic - 150k DPS (two times higher)
    Legion LFR - 400k DPS, Legion Mythic - 600k DPS (three times higher)

Fixed that for you. It's very easy to balance and has little to do with item level.
    No, there is only one reason why the difference is so drastic: Blizzard wants it that way.
    Even if a LFR raider did 100 DPS, Blizzard would see to it that a M geared player deals 300.

Yes the numbers are smaller but the the effective delta in % is the same, as is the relative feel in power difference when you consider actual mob HP.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Its not "some Jackass" its human's in general and yes anyone not willing to learn is therefore ignorant to certain facts by definition. Fortunately, people in charge of designing things like games tend to make it there job to understand how people think.
    So you believe that people who are unwilling to learn certain things makes them ignorant? So if Michio Kaku doesn't want to learn how a septic system works, he is then ignorant?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    So you believe that people who are unwilling to learn certain things makes them ignorant? So if Michio Kaku doesn't want to learn how a septic system works, he is then ignorant?
    Indeed, If you refuse to learn about something then yes become ignorant of a given subject regardless of your intelligence in other fields. Why is that so difficult to understand?

I believe you have the wrong definition of "mandatory". There's nothing "mandatory" about the stat squish they're doing, they're doing it because apparently they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Indeed, If you refuse to learn about something then yes become ignorant of a given subject regardless of your intelligence in other fields. Why is that so difficult to understand?
    I don't disagree, but calling someone ignorant as a general statement is false. That is all I argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    I see no one talking about this. I don't know if it's because people take it as a given or because they don't care having 1 billion dps on screen.

I personally think we are already in Legion WAYYYY past the mark of what is an "acceptable and humanly pleasing number" on screen.
    I really cannot identify myself or even udnerstand how much i'm doing when yo see 1 Milion damage or healing.

SO i hope the next item squish comes fast.
    The reason for the previous stat squish was only because the had 32 bit clients still in the wild. This is because a 32 bit integer limit is 2,147,483,647 and once a number reach that it would cycle to one. This was achievable in Vanilla if you screwed up the pull to C-thun pull and spread the eye beam chain to the whole raid, it would reset and you would have people getting hit for 1,2,4,8....etc. Now that you are dealing with 64 bit integers you will never have to worry about hitting this limit as it is 9,223,372,036,854,775,807.

32bit clients are still available today and of course you can calculate and display numbers larger than 2^32-1 on 32bit executables, it just takes multiple registers.

Anyway the problem was serverside, that's where all the health and damage values are calculated. They fixed it in patch 7.0.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-10-16 at 06:56 PM.

I believe previous and future stat squishes are a complete waste of time because anyone that can figure out how to plug their computer in and turn it all can also distinguish between 1 dps, 1k dps, 1m dps etc. Lets not waste the devs time.