Poll: Do you want Mythic+ removed?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    You don't run M+ with the same community as other content? I mostly do, with friends and guild mates. All those posts about the travails of M+ pugging are #notmyproblem.
    Sadly not after having to put raiding to rest, real life demands more. Though, I tend to be able to negotiate myself to a group. I do it with curve achievements as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Yeah I would love to see a return to a more TBC/Vanilla style dungeon where CC was needed, I'm just not sure they can ever get that right with threat no longer mattering. That made those places dangerous as much as anything else.

I don't mind the go go, I've gotten used to it, but I wouldn't mind a decent slog every once in a while.
    Vanilla dungeons rarely "needed" much CC. Same for TBC. It could help a lot, ironically to your post, it sped things up, it didn't slow things down (because AE was generally weak, focusing mobs down was superior, and CC made that even easier), because it meant less drinking, bandaging, drawn out encounters and so on, but it wasn't "needed".

The first place it was truly "needed", that I recall, was TBC Heroics. Is that what you're thinking of? As there were mobs with abilities so dangerous that if you let them cast it when the other mobs were alive, then it was a wipe (mind-control on the tank, long-duration fear on the entire party, haste on all the mobs, etc.), and you couldn't keep them locked down with interrupts (which I believe were still on the GCD at that point, except spell-lock), and probably couldn't kill them fast enough to prevent them casting. Not all Heroics had them, either (Slabs and Slave Pens did, Shattered Halls did not, for example).

Wrath featured more Vanilla/TBC-like design, where CC was helpful, not generally required, in both normal and Heroic dungeons.

Cata's initially Heroic design had mobs that were hilariously overtuned for the gear-levels of people encountering them, so it was just a matter of "if you can CC a think, CC a thing". There wasn't any particularly intelligent or careful CCing (or, if there was, it wasn't generally required - if someone CC'd the wrong mob, that wasn't ideal but it was still one less thing to do deal with), unlike TBC, it was just really a matter of reducing damage as much as possible. It did add a lot of time to runs, though, because you had to mark up packs to make sure people didn't CC the same stuff.

The trouble is that "slowing things down" from a Dungeon taking 15-30 minutes or so (as M+), is that if you're asking for full "CC every pack" run like Cata, or even a "CC a lot of packs" run like some TBC Heroics (some could actually be facepulled, like Shattered Halls with a well-geared Pally tank), you're likely increasing that to 1hr+. Which wasn't uncommon in the Vanilla/TBC era of course - dungeons could take 1, 2, 4, even more hours (I mean admittedly with was pretty much all Black Rock stuff if it was taking more than 2 hours, generally).

Just about getting one or two dungeons done in a night isn't necessarily the great plan you seem to think it is. If such dungeons were more rewarding appropriately to the increased time, great, but being real, I suspect people would find ways to abuse that.

Mythic+ is so beautiful. I always loved dungeons, but they always became irrelevant too quickly. This solution is amazing.

I would love to even see some solo challenges that maybe reward some gear. Maybe a solo dungeon or adaptable challenges, like maybe mage tower thing.

Just to clarify, this thread isn't about getting mythic+ removed. It's a Jaylock thread, he needed an edgy title to stir the pot. It's very sad, but that's what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Owlmygod View Post
    There are 2 things i do in wow, arena and m+.
    I quitted raiding, cuz there were only 5-6 player who carried the rest of the raid in mythic raid. Playing with other 4 good players is a lot more fun.
    So instead of getting carried by 5-6 players, you prefer getting carried by 4. I guess it does make it a lot more fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    M+ is fine itself, but would like a little bit of separation. Maybe make the items not work (reduced ilvl) in raids, kind of like what they did with PVP gear in PVE environments. This would give m+ its own identity, separate it from progression raider's grind to min/max, and make it an actual alternative to endgame raiding instead of being a compliment to it.
    This would be amazing IMO. I really hate that i feel i need to grind M+ non stop for that piece of gear when i don't really enjoy M+ at all. I would love to never step foot in another one as long as i live.

Why would you ever want it removed? What about you just don't participate if you don't like / enjoy it?
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    Why would you ever want it removed? What about you just don't participate if you don't like / enjoy it?
    We have the same discussion ALL THE TIME ABOUT LFR.

I don't do mythic+ at all, but why should i want it removed? It's not so difficult to maintain it, especially since the system is already in place, so why should i want it be to be removed. No, like everything else ingame, don't remove a thing. If somebody want it to be removed, the best answer is still: Don't be a snowflake and let others play what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Weren't you one of the guys bitching about "raid or die" last expansion? Shouldn't you be happy there's good loot out there to be gotten outside of raids. Fyi, too. Gear is deliberately imperfectly itemized. Blizz has flat out said this before. Since every spec uses different stat weights what is BiS for someone else might be bad for someone else.
    I'm all for diversity, but right now M+ is mandatory for gearing because combinations of stats on raid gear are very limited. I think it's because they don't want to inflate loot tables, but that just simply sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    Becouse this is MMORPG and ,,dont like it dont do it,, doesnt apply here? Just pure existence of this sytem alredy makes game boring just like LFR. Multiple difficulty levels should never be in MMO game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    We have the same discussion ALL THE TIME ABOUT LFR.

I don't do mythic+ at all, but why should i want it removed? It's not so difficult to maintain it, especially since the system is already in place, so why should i want it be to be removed. No, like everything else ingame, don't remove a thing. If somebody want it to be removed, the best answer is still: Don't be a snowflake and let others play what they want.
    Everyone wants to be snowflakes. But there are too many players what never will be one so they cry and Blizzard cutter and butcher content so they can appeal to players what obviously doesnt like MMORPG games. Actualy Blizzard should never listen them and just let them *** off from the game instead of butchering game for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I'm all for diversity, but right now M+ is mandatory for gearing because combinations of stats on raid gear are very limited. I think it's because they don't want to inflate loot tables, but that just simply sucks.
    Or you could, you know, maybe, possibly, accept that you're not going to have your two best stats in every piece instead of bashing your head up against a wall doing something you dislike?

Deleted
    No and I don't think it will ever happen. Mythic+ has proven to be a huge success by even having its own event. Having something to do besides raiding to improve is also awesome and opening that weekly chest every week also creates some hype for actually getting a potential upgrade.

All mythic and mythic+ are a bogus content. Bring back challenge mode for those who care.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickyick79 View Post
    Just to clarify, this thread isn't about getting mythic+ removed. It's a Jaylock thread, he needed an edgy title to stir the pot. It's very sad, but that's what he does.
    I cry evrtym

- - - Updated - - -

mythic+ gear should drop in raids and the other way around, though they should delay the drops of mythic raid gear in mythic+ like 2 months after world first kill, and limit it only to very high mythic+ like +20 or something

Deleted
    I don't want mythic+ gone, but it unfortunately breeds a community of toxicity/elitism.

Unless you play a healer or a tank, it's insanely hard to get a group as DPS. The only way is having absurdly high ilvl.
    This makes looting tedious, it doesn't matter about building the best set for your class with the best possibly stats, it's all about hoarding the highest ilvl loot as possible because it's literally the only thing people care about.

Also imbalances between classes.. Nobody wants a class that doesn't bring battle ress or offers significant buffs/utility to the group.
    Classes that depend on ramp-up are heavily screwed (see affli and shadow priests etc) plus some classes just flat out suck at AOE, either due to ramp up or just having flat out inferior aoe to others.

Mythic+ is amazing but it requires SO MUCH MORE work from Blizzard in regards to class balance for this design to be enjoyable for the pug world.
    And no, not everyone got tons of friends still playing the game so I can't just piggyback off other people, it's not a solution for people living in the pug part of WoW.
    Last edited by mmoc0fe1241b18; 2017-10-12 at 08:57 AM.

I don't want M+ to be removed but being modified so it won't be a loot pinata anymore. If there are no more WQ, you can't do anymore. If you've got an raid ID, that's it. But you can run M+ limitless (I know you can't because of... well, time not being limitless), especially with the keystone system. That's something they really need to work on.

10+ Year Old Account
    There has always been an issue with dungeons being very usefull at the start of an expansion, and then falling of drastically.
    The Mythic+ system fixes that somewhat, i would really like to see it stay and be continuously improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Vanilla dungeons rarely "needed" much CC. Same for TBC. It could help a lot, ironically to your post, it sped things up, it didn't slow things down (because AE was generally weak, focusing mobs down was superior, and CC made that even easier), because it meant less drinking, bandaging, drawn out encounters and so on, but it wasn't "needed".

The first place it was truly "needed", that I recall, was TBC Heroics. Is that what you're thinking of? As there were mobs with abilities so dangerous that if you let them cast it when the other mobs were alive, then it was a wipe (mind-control on the tank, long-duration fear on the entire party, haste on all the mobs, etc.), and you couldn't keep them locked down with interrupts (which I believe were still on the GCD at that point, except spell-lock), and probably couldn't kill them fast enough to prevent them casting. Not all Heroics had them, either (Slabs and Slave Pens did, Shattered Halls did not, for example).

Wrath featured more Vanilla/TBC-like design, where CC was helpful, not generally required, in both normal and Heroic dungeons.

Cata's initially Heroic design had mobs that were hilariously overtuned for the gear-levels of people encountering them, so it was just a matter of "if you can CC a think, CC a thing". There wasn't any particularly intelligent or careful CCing (or, if there was, it wasn't generally required - if someone CC'd the wrong mob, that wasn't ideal but it was still one less thing to do deal with), unlike TBC, it was just really a matter of reducing damage as much as possible. It did add a lot of time to runs, though, because you had to mark up packs to make sure people didn't CC the same stuff.

The trouble is that "slowing things down" from a Dungeon taking 15-30 minutes or so (as M+), is that if you're asking for full "CC every pack" run like Cata, or even a "CC a lot of packs" run like some TBC Heroics (some could actually be facepulled, like Shattered Halls with a well-geared Pally tank), you're likely increasing that to 1hr+. Which wasn't uncommon in the Vanilla/TBC era of course - dungeons could take 1, 2, 4, even more hours (I mean admittedly with was pretty much all Black Rock stuff if it was taking more than 2 hours, generally).

Just about getting one or two dungeons done in a night isn't necessarily the great plan you seem to think it is. If such dungeons were more rewarding appropriately to the increased time, great, but being real, I suspect people would find ways to abuse that.
    I'm not sure we ever used CC for anything in Wrath, interrupts sure, but even at the beginning they were pretty easy. TBC was used CC for several things, even normals if everyone was freshly geared ( assassins in Slabs for example), heck it was even used in raids. Vanilla dungeons, or at least the ones I ran, used it, although some of it you had to get creative on, and some of it was more offtanking that CC I guess. Definitely would rotate stuns and interrupts, especially in something like a 45 minute Baron run.

I really have no issue with having an instance here or there that takes an hour or so. I'm not suggesting everything should go that way, but something that is hard just because it's hard, not just because it needs to be done quickly, would be nice occassionally.

With this GREAT patch and this FANTASTIC raid (sarcasm) i log on 3 times a week. 2 for raids. 1 for my weekly key. Remove m+, don't care, but then its even less reason to log on.

Mythic + was fine when legion came out. They made it shit. Hopefully it will be fixed again in the next expansion

Honestly I am not a fan and would care very little if they were removed. Done maybe a total of 3 that were of the plus range. Just don’t care about 5 mans... I know a lot are enjoying them so I don’t care if they stay. Would love a que for the normal mythic ones though just to get quest done faster.