Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Should Bloodlust/Hero be a Group Only buff?

Back in TBC, bloodlust / heroism was a group only CD / buff. It was strategically used to buff groups at different times depending on the needs of the raid and the dps requirements at certain points in an encounter. This made the usage of hero/BL much more strategic and made fights more interesting with it being used properly.

Now as you know, its a raid wide CD that you can use 1 time per encounter.

Should Blizzard revert bloodlust/hero back to a group only buff to bring back some of the strategic gameplay that it provided?

I wouldn't mind it too much, as my raid group has 2 shammys and 2 mages practicaly all the time, which means that we wouldnt have any problems in Mythic.

But i don't see the masses wanting it since it is a step back in a sense of QoL and will hinder groups with less BL/Hero per raid.

Thing is, for an organized raid group with the right amount of shammys/mages/BM hunters, this will nkt change anything because they allready know how to coordinate stuff.
    It will only hurt casuals and people raiding in the lower tiers, and are not as organized (i. e. Pugs)

So no...

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Yes, requiring a hero-capable class per each group sounds super awesome, especially when trying to bring the player, not the class.
    Back to normal Jaylock level I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, this is fucking retarded. It would force you to bring 4 hero classes to mythic raids, which is dumb, and the only possible benefit you could get from it would be to hero for healers separately. Which, really doesn't matter that much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    No, this is fucking retarded. It would force you to bring 4 hero classes to mythic raids, which is dumb, and the only possible benefit you could get from it would be to hero for healers separately. Which, really doesn't matter that much
    It would make it more strategic for when you actually use it.

What if you have a group of just all star dps and you needed them to have the most uptime on hero so you strategically used it in that group when you needed burst dps?

It brings a whole level of strategic thinking of when to use the CDs rather than just a bland, "oh lets use it at x minutes in the fight, or at the beginning of phase 2". Thats bland and boring, and it feels like why even have these cooldowns if its just a blanket raid wide thing? Why not just bake the extra 30% haste into the raid itself instead of having one of your dps click a button to activate it?

Thats why bringing BL/Hero back to the group level is imo a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Back in TBC, bloodlust / heroism was a group only CD / buff. It was strategically used to buff groups at different times depending on the needs of the raid and the dps requirements at certain points in an encounter. This made the usage of hero/BL much more strategic and made fights more interesting with it being used properly.
    I'm positive it has always been a raid-wide buff. The Shaman's totems were group-only, though. I recall putting one shaman in the ranged DPS group for the threat-reduction totem, and one in the melee DPS for the windfury totem.

I also recall Bloodlust/Heroism had a 10-minute CD and 4-minute debuff, so in some fights, if you had two shamans, you could have two periods of heroism, if you used one at the start the fight.

Should Blizzard revert bloodlust/hero back to a group only buff to bring back some of the strategic gameplay that it provided?
    No. Because I'm pretty sure your recollection of how heroism/bloodlust worked back then is wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm positive it has always been a raid-wide buff..
    No you're wrong.

https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...re-round-robin

There is absolute zero percent chance that you played any meaningful content in BC and don't remember that.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-10-09 at 04:57 PM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Now as you know, its a raid wide CD that you can use 1 time per encounter.

Yes because we need more class stacking.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Imo the only change to hero/bloodlust is that of reset on wipes in 5mans specially m+, hate me for what i said i dont care

Deleted
    Jaylock, are you on a break? What up with all the stupid threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, this isn't a good idea. You would basically be forcing a large raid (30man) to have up to 6 Shamans/mages as minimum, mythic would be forced to have four shamans/mages. You would start seeing people kicked if there is a chance for a hero/bl.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    You don't need a certain class to use Heroism. You know that, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Yes, requiring a hero-capable class per each group sounds super awesome, especially when trying to bring the player, not the class.
    Back to normal Jaylock level I see.
    Bring player not class is exactly what you dont want in MMORPG game. This isnt compettive rpg game about skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikeApexis View Post
    You don't need a certain class to use Heroism. You know that, right?
    He must not know about drums of battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    No you're wrong.

https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...re-round-robin

There is absolute zero percent chance that you played any meaningful content in BC and don't remember that.
    I mean..I cleared Sunwell and even I don't remember it acting like that.

OT: No, because the massive shitstorm that'd go with it wouldn't be worth it to Blizz. It was a QoL change and going back on it would hurt more than do any good.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Bring player not class is exactly what you dont want in MMORPG game. This isnt compettive rpg game about skill.
    Exactly.

The "bring the player, not the class" mentality is outdated, and even Ghostcrawler admitted that they took that a bit too far with class homogenization.

The game sorely needs more specific class abilities that are group wide, not raid wide, and BL/Hero is certainly one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm positive it has always been a raid-wide buff. The Shaman's totems were group-only, though. I recall putting one shaman in the ranged DPS group for the threat-reduction totem, and one in the melee DPS for the windfury totem.

I also recall Bloodlust/Heroism had a 10-minute CD and 4-minute debuff, so in some fights, if you had two shamans, you could have two periods of heroism, if you used one at the start the fight.

No. Because I'm pretty sure your recollection of how heroism/bloodlust worked back then is wrong.
    Your perception of bloodlust is wrong. You cycled your shaman through your warlock group for max DPS. Sunwell-raiding resto shaman here.

To clarify: Raid wide 10 CD 5 sated was how it worked in WoTLK, just not TBC.
    Last edited by Ihsatakar; 2017-10-09 at 05:07 PM.

Another quality shit post.

NO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I mean..I cleared Sunwell and even I don't remember it acting like that.

OT: No, because the massive shitstorm that'd go with it wouldn't be worth it to Blizz. It was a QoL change and going back on it would hurt more than do any good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bZi5KWON38

Look at 6:05. Only his group is affected. Did you play a tank/heal? Maybe that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt mind that actually, a team probably has at least 1 shaman and 1 mage so thats 2/4 for mythic raiding, theres bound to be another mage or shaman mixed in that group. It would be nice to put classes like a shadowpriest in a group where they would get BL/hero during execute so you gain more benefit from it.