Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    So I basicly defeat the boss on normal the first week and then unsub until the next patch.

Yes, I could kill it every week but why would I?

The catch-up gear is so generous since WotLK that there is no reason to raid to get gear for the next tier if they are going to give you much better items by doing a few quests at the start of the next patch.

If I want the mog I just have to wait until next expansion and then I will be able to kill the bosses with a fart.

I don't see the point.
    Gear was never the main reason for raiding. Like any other video games on the planet, the main reason to play them is for fun. If you don't have fun doing things in a game, it means you're not supposed to play it.

So I basicly defeat the boss on normal the first week and then unsub until the next patch.

The catch-up gear is so generous since WotLK that there is no reason to raid to get gear for the next tier if they are going to give you much better items by doing a few quests at the start of the next patch.

If I want the mog I just have to wait until next expansion and then I will be able to kill the bosses with a fart.

I don't see the point.
    Are you new to MMOs? This is how they work. Like, pretty much all of them. You start a new toon. That quest gear he gets in the starter zone? It's gonna be replaced when he goes to the next one. And it will be replaced again the next zone, and again the next. Likewise, those mobs in the starter zone? They get easier to kill when you're in the next zone and are lvl 8. And those lvl 8 mobs are a joke when you're level 16. And so on. Eventually you hit max level, you raid, you get the best gear in game after a hard fight against tough raid bosses. Then the next xpac(or dlc, or whatever your MMO of choice uses) comes out, and you gain new gear, and all of a sudden that best in game raid gear? It's gonna be replaced, again. You also get more levels to go with those new gear. After enough of those additional levels, and new gear, those tough raid bosses you fought before? They're gonna be easy again, and there will be a new set of tough raid bosses dropping a new set of best in game gear.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    You raid to be reward by pixels.

Some raid to be reward by pixels AND to be challenged.
    And some raid just for the challenge!

Deleted

I don't see the point.
    obvious bait thread but ill go ahead, perhaps people like to raid?

15+ Year Old Account
    If you only quest, dungeon, raid, pvp, etc for the reward, you already forgot what a game is all about.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

This isn't true at all. Most people are farming the xmog out of MoP right now and only some of the low difficulty stuff out of WoD. I took a group of 5 raiders into mythic SoO a couple months back and we were only able to get about the first 6 bosses down. The rest we couldn't get beat the enrage timers, etc. For mythic gear, you can expect a good 2-3 years of exclusivity before everyone can get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    This isn't true at all. Most people are farming the xmog out of MoP right now and only some of the low difficulty stuff out of WoD. I took a group of 5 raiders into mythic SoO a couple months back and we were only able to get about the first 6 bosses down. The rest we couldn't get beat the enrage timers, etc. For mythic gear, you can expect a good 2-3 years of exclusivity before everyone can get it.
    That's not true, there are several groups in LFG for WoD Mythic raids. I've joined them myself. As always its a roflstomp when in numbers

You raid because you like the challenge or social aspect of it, not to be a special snowflake who got a bigger bone than the other dog over there.

I don't see the point.
    Why buy a sub to begin with? You could just skip straight to next xpac and it won't matter if you played the previous expansion or not as first day greens will trump all you previous gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    You raid because you like the challenge or social aspect of it, not to be a special snowflake who got a bigger bone than the other dog over there.
    That's the excuse people come up with.
    Lets all sing kumbaya my lord kumbaya and be happy with everything being handed out. It's disgusting in my eyes.

Incentives are always an important part of a game. A lot of people play for the reward, otherwise is just a lifeless meaningless experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do x at all if x becomes easy later?

Because x is fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you.... you do know thre game has ALLWAYS been that way....
    Having teir 3 and corrupted ashbringer was like 3 people on a server in vanilla.
    in BC it was common place for people to chill in shatrath in that gear.
    No it really wasnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    No it really wasnt.
    yes, yes it really was, once content became no longer current it became alot easier...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Why do x at all if x becomes easy later?

Because x is fun
    Actualy X isnt fun when you know that it will be absolote next patch. X is boring becouse it is easy content and you just faceroll it on day one and all you do rest od the patch is replaying same *** over and over and slide difficulty slider to the right. Annnd thats kinda boring. How about make content hard from day 1 wothout difficulty levels and stop making it absolote by catch up? Yeah thats sounds far more fun and exciting than handed gear and content to you.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, yes it really was, once content became no longer current it became alot easier...
    Yes but peiople still didnt sit around with t3 gear and ashhbringers. And in TBC vannila was actualy still pretty hard. People did wipe in naxx like **** on lvl 70 all day.

Yes it's pretty pointless and has been for years. Progressing through difficulties on a patch basis is so much worse than progressing through raids on an expansion basis.

Deleted
    That is how I felt.
    So I stopped playing, and only sub when there is something that interests me. Gone from Raider, Guild leader of Raid guild, to a Casual that logs on once in a blue moon.

I feel much better now.

Why bother jerking off today, when you'll just feel like jerking off again tomorrow?

Why bother posting a bullshit bait thread today when other people are just going to rush to beat you to it tomorrow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Actualy X isnt fun when you know that it will be absolote next patch. X is boring becouse it is easy content and you just faceroll it on day one and all you do rest od the patch is replaying same *** over and over and slide difficulty slider to the right. Annnd thats kinda boring. How about make content hard from day 1 wothout difficulty levels and stop making it absolote by catch up? Yeah thats sounds far more fun and exciting than handed gear and content to you.
    Then raiding's not for you. Congratulations.
    I personally enjoy the challenge.

Deleted
    No it wasn't the same because there was no transmog.
    No one cared if you had full Molten Core gear in a level 70 char in shatrath.
    Everyone wanted to look cool with current raid tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    That's the excuse people come up with.
    Lets all sing kumbaya my lord kumbaya and be happy with everything being handed out. It's disgusting in my eyes.

Incentives are always an important part of a game. A lot of people play for the reward, otherwise is just a lifeless meaningless experience.
    No, that's how a lot of people feel. You get the rewards before everyone else, while it's relevant, others have to wait. If you raid for raiding's sake, you usually don't give a flying fuck about looking special, they care about the numbers they get out of an upgrade. Of course, transmogging is a big selling factor of end-game, but I think you're inferring way too much import on it when it comes to how OTHER people feel about it, just because you yourself care more about it than what it takes to get it.

There are other things in the game that'll fulfill your special snowflake boner.

And current tier looking cool is entirely subjective. Some people like them, others don't. I personally don't like much from the new tier sets, so most of my mogs are from older raids.

If you want to change things, go on Blizz's forums and petition something, or just stop worrying about what everyone else wears compared to you. There are so many players who're as good, if not better than you, so being special is hardly worth aspiring for other than your own personal satisfaction, not to rub in other people's faces.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-10-10 at 04:00 PM.