10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Ofc he is, ofc he is. If he wasn't then that would make sense, but nothing makes sense in trump's america.
    To be fair, Pete Rose and Snoop Dog are also in WWE hall of fame. So is the patriarch of the Colon’s, who is culpable in the murder and cover up of Bruiser Brody. He also has a son and a nephew on WWE payroll, despite them not wrestling outside of battle royals that get the whole roster involved.

Edit: oh and Linda McMahon had to step down as a CEO of WWE to take a job in Trump’s administration. WWE now holds 4 yearly events in Saudi Arabia. Where one wrestler (Alister Black) has tattoos that banned him from those shows and of course... no women...
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-06-20 at 04:27 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'll admit, I was surprised by this. The big concerns people had about the steel tariffs was not the effects on the steel industry, but that each job gained there would cost dozens elsewhere.

The linked article says this will lower production by 200,000 tons a month. This is a significant proportion. The US normally makes about 7,500,000 tons per month. That's a loss of 2.7%, not enough to be crippling but enough to be felt.

The US is a net importer of steel. The margin isn't even close. These closures will make it worse. And, yes, Trump specifically said US Steel was opening new plants. He lied. They were re-opening two, making Trump 300% wrong. Now, with these closures dropping the two to zero, Trump is eleventy billion percent wrong.
    This is why you don’t let a developer without even a bare minimum understanding in macroeconomy set your country’s economic policy.

Pure naked greed and indignation over perceived unfair treatment make poor bases for developing a nation’s economic policy.

Price of steel went up over 30% between August 2017 and March 2018, then another 40% following the enactment of the tariff. The tariff did what it was intended to do which was raise the price of steel.

What the policy makers did not anticipate was the sharp drop in steel demand in the US. Partly due to softening of the industrial sector and slow down of the auto industry, and the fact that there are other cheaper options than steel in other sectors. Several of my projects were changed in mid-design last year from steel frame construction to concrete, and from steel pipelines to HDPE. The price of steel actually has gone down quite a bit since last quarter of 2018 due to the decrease in demand.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Iran shot down a drone. So we're probably going to go to war.
    There may be a tactical response...but there's no way we're going to war with Iran.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    There may be a tactical response...but there's no way we're going to war with Iran.
    A while back I would've said a clown like Trump cannot become president.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shows you just how wrong you can be. Trump has doing nothing to suggest that he's a warmonger.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    Shows you just how wrong you can be. Trump has doing nothing to suggest that he's a warmonger.
    Other than leaving a treaty. Campaigning on ‘bomb the shit out of them and give their oil to Exxon’... nothing at all... does Trump still have a red button he threatened rocket man with?

The big mistake isn’t Iran shooting down a drone, it was electing Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

He campaigned on ‘bomb the shit out of them’... was he lying?

- - - Updated - - -

But, you are responding to someone who voted for him. Name the last republican president that hasn’t started a war? Bush, Iraq and Afghanistan... Bush, Iraq... Reagan paid for Iraq to go to war with Iran.
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-06-20 at 04:52 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Neither has Hillary but I'd bet you were one of the people who called her such. Will you admit you were wrong IF he starts a war or will you fall in line like a cuck?
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2019-06-20 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Actually Trump is in the WWE Hall of Fame. He was inducted n 2013. And he's listed as a superstar.

https://www.wwe.com/superstars/donald-trump

On behalf of my country I'm so, so, so sorry.
    Well, today I learned something new again.

Then again, it kinda makes sense. Boasts, grudges, fixes - it's all there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Neither has Hillary but I'd bet you were one of the people who called her such. Will you admit you were wrong IF he starts a war or will you fall in line like a cuck?
    I'm sure all the Trumpkins will listen to whatever excuse McCarthy comes up with for why a war is justified "in this case", say Hillary would have started a pointless war, and fall in lock step like puppets dancing on strings.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know the answer to that. We've seen them do the same thing over and over for three stupid years. They criticize Trump for doing a Thing. Trump does the Thing. Then suddenly they love the Thing.

It's funny that the NPC meme came from Trump supporters, because here's their script

Code:
    if(Trump.performs(Action))
    {
        switchSupportfor(Action, true);
    }
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Hillary Clinton not a warmonger? You know nothing. The reality here is that Hillary Clinton has never meet a war or military action she didn't like....supporting military actions against Bosnian Serbs, Serbia, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and Syria. But her crowning achievement as a warmonger was Libya. They don't call it "Hillary's War" for nothing. She was the one who convinced Obama to intervene in Libya's civil war based on the lie of impending genocide. And she's the one who's most directly responsible for causing Libya to be a failed State...and the one who's most directly responsible for causing the incredible death toll and human suffering that's occurred since the time of our intervention.

I don't know where your getting your information that HC wasn't a warmonger...as nothing could be further from the truth.

Hillary's War
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...7WM_story.html

Hillary Clinton’s Appalling Enthusiasm for War
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/-hill...alli_b_9157892
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2019-06-20 at 06:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hillary Clinton not a warmonger? You know nothing. The reality here is that Hillary Clinton has never meet a war or military action she didn't like....supporting military actions against Bosnian Serbs, Serbia, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and Syria. But her crowning achievement as a warmonger was Libya. They don't call it "Hillary's War" for nothing. She was the one who convinced Obama to intervene in Libya's civil war based on the lie of impending genocide. And she's the one who's most directly responsible for causing Libya to be a failed State and causing the incredible death toll and human suffering that has since occurred.

I don't know where your getting your information that HC wasn't a warmonger...as nothing could be further from the truth.

Hillary's War
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...7WM_story.html

Hillary Clinton’s Appalling Enthusiasm for War
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/-hill...alli_b_9157892
    I do like how you and the authors of those articles attribute those wars to Hillary when she simply voted for them, among many Republicans and Democrats. If that's all it takes to call someone a warmonger, then the entire Republican caucus in both the Senate and the house are terrifying warhawks.

What, you offer no criticism for them?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

blah blah blah
    So let's talk about the war on Iraq. Did you know Trump supported it... until he didn't?

Ofc you don't.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/show...g-743443523867

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I do like how you and the authors of those articles attribute those wars to Hillary when she simply voted for them, among many Republicans and Democrats. If that's all it takes to call someone a warmonger, then the entire Republican caucus in both the Senate and the house are terrifying warhawks.

What, you offer no criticism for them?
    She voted for all those wars and supported many, many military actions...along with the neocons in the Republican Party. Any attempt to frame her as anything other than a warmonger is dishonest as hell.

And if you're looking for me to offer criticism here...it goes to those who cannot accept reality...those who rationalize their willful ignorance even after being presented with overwhelming evidence that directly contradicts their delusional beliefs.

- - - Updated - - -

So let's talk about the war on Iraq. Did you know Trump supported it... until he didn't?

Ofc you don't.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/show...g-743443523867
    I'm well aware of that. Blah blah blah.

I'm well aware of that. Blah blah blah.
    That's all I needed to hear. Crickets it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's all I needed to hear. Crickets it is.
    You hear only what you want to hear. I'm still waiting for you to admit Hillary was/is indeed a warmonger.

You hear only what you want to hear. I'm still waiting for you to admit Hillary was/is indeed a warmonger.
    You brought up the point that Trump supposedly isn't first. Let's take this one step at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What war has she started? What treaty did she leave? Did she campaign on ‘bomb the shit out of them’?

Just a reminder, we are discussing the president of US war drumming. I hate to tell you... That president isn’t Hillary... Trump won... deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not anymore than other run of the mill politicians on either side of the aisle, let alone the retard we have in the Oval Office now. Your selective outrage is tiresome.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    You brought up the point that Trump supposedly isn't first. Let's take this one step at a time.

Trump would have voted for the war, then a few months later would blame the deep state and claim he never voted for it. Him talking to Howard Stern instead of actually doing a job related to his current.:. Isn’t an excuse... When Iraq war started, liberals and conservatives agreed on how stupid and inconsequential he is. Only one of those changed, during Trump’s reality TV career shift.