Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wasn't that a reference to an SNL sketch? I mean, it sure doesn't make the response much better, but at least it would provide some explanation...
    It was obviously a wry comment, and after some research I discovered it was from SNL (I've never watched it - don't know if we ever got it here). But I think it's indicative of the tone of these meetings all the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Why the Clinton Russian dossier leaked and whats the real story behind it all

Wikileaks snitched on the Trump campaign seeking Clintons email, more fuel for the Mueller train

https://apnews.com/020bfc7fb4d5438f9...Trump-campaign

The conspiracy grows deeper.
    The Trump campaign is scrambling to distance itself from Cambridge Analytica amid Assange-Hillary Clinton email flap

The Trump campaign’s executive director and digital director downplayed Cambridge Analytica’s work for the campaign in separate remarks on Wednesday.
    Their comments came hours after WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange confirmed in a tweet that the data firm’s CEO reached out to him asking to help find Hillary Clinton’s missing emails.

Key members of President Donald Trump’s campaign team scrambled Wednesday to distance themselves from the data mining and analysis company Cambridge Analytica, whose CEO reportedly reached out to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange during the presidential campaign to offer help in finding Hillary Clinton’s “missing” emails.
    The Trump campaign hired Cambridge Analytica in June 2016 to help target ads using voter data collected from approximately 230 million US adults.

Multiple outlets, including NBC News and The Washington Post, reported that the campaign paid Cambridge Analytica more than $US5 million in September alone, up from $US250,000 in August.

But Michael S. Glassner, the executive director of Trump’s campaign, said in a statement on Wednesday — hours after The Daily Beast reported on the data firm’s outreach to Assange — that the only source of voter data that played a key role in Trump’s election victory was the Republican National Committee.

“Leading into the election, the RNC had invested in the most sophisticated data targeting program in modern American in history, which helped secure our victory in the fall,” the statement read.

He added: “We were proud to have worked with the RNC and its data experts and relied on them as our main source for data analytics. We as a campaign made the choice to rely on the voter data of the Republican National Committee to help elect President Donald J. Trump. Any claims that voter data from any other source played a key role in the victory are false.”

Brad Parscale, the digital director of the Trump campaign’s entire data operation, similarly downplayed Cambridge’s role in an interview with The Wall Street Journal on Wednesday.

“I have said from the beginning this” $US5 million “Cambridge invoice is mislabeled in the FEC reports,” Parscale said.

Parscale hired Cambridge Analytica in June 2016, partly at the urging former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, who was the former vice president of Cambridge’s board, according to The New York Times. Bannon was the Trump campaign’s CEO before he joined the White House staff.

Bannon was effectively ousted from the chief strategist position over the summer. But he maintains a close relationship with Robert Mercer, one of the biggest investors in both Cambridge Analytica and the right-wing news site Breitbart, which Bannon once again leads. Mercer and his daughter Rebekah have been credited with paving the way to Trump’s victory.

It is still unclear how much Cambridge Analytica actually did for the campaign. But Trump campaign aides and even current and former Cambridge employees have consistently tried to downplay its role.

“Cambridge executives now concede that the company never used psychographics in the Trump campaign,” The New York Times reported in March.

“The technology — prominently featured in the firm’s sales materials and in media reports that cast Cambridge as a master of the dark campaign arts — remains unproved, according to former employees and Republicans familiar with the firm’s work.”
    https://www.businessinsider.com.au/t...7-10?r=US&IR=T

Cambridge Analytica was doing targeted ad campaigns.

Drip drip drip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It was obviously a wry comment, and after some research I discovered it was from SNL (I've never watched it - don't know if we ever got it here). But I think it's indicative of the tone of these meetings all the same.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/t...7-10?r=US&IR=T

Cambridge Analytica was doing targeted ad campaigns.

Drip drip drip.
    Cambridge Analytica is ran by................Robert Mercer. They started out backing Ted Cruz, it doesn't surprise me that they are backing Trump. Especially since Breitbart and Bannon are backed by Mercer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those Russian sanctions Trump signed, crying like a bitch? The White House claims they'll get to work on those any second now.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaany second now.

The due-date was Oct 1. There was a scathing GOP letter on the 11th. There has still been basically nothing since.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, Trump's personal lawyer testifies before Congress.

"You posted that yesterday."

He was called back for a second day. And he was there until five.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    No Watergate. No Watergate. You're the Watergate.
    Or if the dossier continues being corroborated...Watersportsgate.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Cambridge Analytica is ran by................Robert Mercer. They started out backing Ted Cruz, it doesn't surprise me that they are backing Trump. Especially since Breitbart and Bannon are backed by Mercer.
    This is the the great part.

Mercer backs Cruz. Bannon is paid off by Mercer. So when Mercer family tells Bannon not to primary Cruz. Cruz says; "how high".

I mean cmon Trumpsters, you are bought and paid for. I would say this for Cruz supporters but I don't believe there are any.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    This is the the great part.

Mercer backs Cruz. Bannon is paid off by Mercer. So when Mercer family tells Bannon not to primary Cruz. Cruz says; "how high".

I mean cmon Trumpsters, you are bought and paid for. I would say this for Cruz supporters but I don't believe there are any.
    Yep. I wasn't exactly surprised when Bannon said everyone could be primaried, but Cruz, I wasn't shocked at all. I know Cruz has a grip firmly around Mercer's dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yep. I wasn't exactly surprised when Bannon said everyone could be primaried, but Cruz, I wasn't shocked at all. I know Cruz has a grip firmly around Mercer's dick.
    Agree. Also the same reason Cuck Cruz was on that phone with Trump For President signs behind him raising money for Donny Orange Turd. Donors told ole Teddy to get to calling.

I mean Trumpkins just can't realize they are all owned.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    The White House says Trump will get around to declaring the opioid abuse epidemic a national health emergency any second now.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaany second now.

"You posted this two months ago."

Yep.

Declaring opioid drugs a national health emergency is normally something that would be asked for by the head of the DEA and HHS. Not this time: Trump hasn't nominated anyone for either post. Yes, he blamed the Democrats for his lack of appointing someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeff Sessions has played the "do this or I quit" card, according to the Washington Times. Specifically, blocking the expulsion of a Chinese critic of the Chinese government, who is facing an arrest warrant back home.

This seems pretty big to me. Sessions threatening to quit implies Trump really wanted to do this, and had to be held at political gunpoint not to. Is Trump pro-China? Also, the fact that he's willing to quit, in and of itself, is kind of major.

EDIT: Yes, pro-China. Trump said he had very good relations with "the king" of China. Specifically, "some people might call him the king of China" which we all recognize as Trump trying to say something false, while distancing himself from it when it's proven false. Why you'd do that for "the king of China" I haven't the foggiest. And quite frankly, has ANYONE called him a king? Even figuratively?
    Last edited by Breccia; 2017-10-26 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The White House says Trump will get around to declaring the opioid abuse epidemic a national health emergency any second now.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaany second now.

"You posted this two months ago."

Yep.

Declaring opioid drugs a national health emergency is normally something that would be asked for by the head of the DEA and HHS. Not this time: Trump hasn't nominated anyone for either post. Yes, he blamed the Democrats for his lack of appointing someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeff Sessions has played the "do this or I quit" card, according to the Washington Times. Specifically, blocking the expulsion of a Chinese critic of the Chinese government, who is facing an arrest warrant back home.

This seems pretty big to me. Sessions threatening to quit implies Trump really wanted to do this, and had to be held at political gunpoint not to. Is Trump pro-China? Also, the fact that he's willing to quit, in and of itself, is kind of major.

EDIT: Yes, pro-China. Trump said he had very good relations with "the king" of China. Specifically, "some people might call him the king of China" which we all recognize as Trump trying to say something false, while distancing himself from it when it's proven false. Why you'd do that for "the king of China" I haven't the foggiest. And quite frankly, has ANYONE called him a king? Even figuratively?
    Well Trump DID cut back on the ACA spending so that my friend can't get his pain medication. So I guess you could call that addressing the opioid problem...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's voter fraud commission has resulted in a federal investigation.

Into themselves.

GAO to investigate Trump's voter fraud commission

The Government Accountability Office will investigate the activities of President Trump's voter fraud commission after three Democratic senators asked that the agency look into the matter.

Sen. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.) said Thursday that the government watchdog has accepted the request to investigate the commission. Bennet, along with Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), wrote to the agency last week asking for a probe.

In a letter to Bennet dated Wednesday, the GAO said that it had determined that such an investigation "is within the scope of its authority." The investigation will begin in about five months.

Trump's Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity has stirred controversy since it was established in May.

Trump has repeatedly claimed, without evidence, that widespread voter fraud cost him the popular vote in the 2016 presidential election. He won the Electoral College, but lost the popular vote to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton by nearly 3 million ballots.

Critics have slammed the panel as a partisan effort to suppress voter turnout, particularly among minorities, and an effort to back up the president's claim.

Some lawmakers have also complained that the commission has not conducted its work in a transparent manner, and has ignored congressional requests for information on its activities.

"Without any PACEI response to Congressional inquiries, we fear that the manner in which the PACEI is conducting its work will prevent the public from a full and transparent understanding of the Commission's conclusions and unnecessarily diminish confidence in our democratic process," the senators' letter requesting the GAO review read.

I just want to make a bottomless bag of popcorn and enjoy watching this shitshow for the foreseeable future. "Your corrupt!" "Yeah well you and your friends are sneaky scumbags" "well at least we didn't break the law!" "Emails!"

Meanwhile the American people have to put up with all this and hope our lives don't get screwed over in the squabbling.
    Last edited by Therec; 2017-10-26 at 05:56 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trump's voter fraud commission has resulted in a federal investigation.

Into themselves.

GAO to investigate Trump's voter fraud commission
    I know it's a lot of work putting this all into a decent story line, but I cannot tell you how much it is appreciated. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    I just want to make a bottomless bag of popcorn and enjoy watching this shitshow for the foreseeable future.
    I think @GennGraymane actually bought one of those movie theater popcorn poppers, just so we won't run out.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a reason the NAFTA negotiations are stalled: they're not negotiations.

Trump's own Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross made it clear that Trump is not negotiating at all. He will not give any form of concession to his demands at all.

Great dealmaker, ladies and gentlemen.

There is a reason the NAFTA negotiations are stalled: they're not negotiations.

Trump's own Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross made it clear that Trump is not negotiating at all. He will not give any form of concession to his demands at all.

Great dealmaker, ladies and gentlemen.
    That's how deals work though, no? You just say what you want, and then demand that the other party meet your requests.

It's how all the best deals happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's how deals work though, no? You just say what you want, and then demand that the other party meet your requests.
    It's clear that, like the Iran Nuclear deal, Trump has every intention of ending a contract signed by the USA to which the other participants have upheld their part of the bargain. He is making sure the word of the USA will no longer hold any weight.

Basically, Xi is now the most powerful man in the world. Maybe he was before, but he's getting some help to make sure he is now.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    what are Trump biggest achievement since in office? seriously.

I was watching a fox news interview of a GOP guy (yes i know fox news, i like to watch the dark side once in a while), the guys was making a list of trump achievement so far, it goes like this.

supreme court judge nomination, leaving tpp, leaving paris agrement, supreme court judge nomination, travel ban, did i mention supreme court judge nomination.

What's up with Supreme court judge nomination (and confirmation)? why is that such a proud achievement they riding on it so hard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    What's up with Supreme court judge nomination (and confirmation)? why is that such a proud achievement they riding on it so hard?
    Because it's the most important thing the GOP has done (probably in the last 20-30 years) to keep themselves in power.

Because really it's the only thing of any significance he's done that is unequivocally a victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Because really it's the only thing of any significance he's done that is unequivocally a victory.
    One because they stole it from Obama, two because the position is for life. So being able to put someone up from your side of the political spectrum is pretty big.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    what are Trump biggest achievement since in office?
    Well, there's the time he said he would end the opioid epidemic.

By paying for "just say no" advertisements, directing the head of HHS to...wait, there is no head of HHS. By directing the head of the DEA to...oh wait, him too. By upping the funding of the National Institute of Health by...oh wait, $5.8 billion cut. By promising to fund the...wait, no funding promised for anyone. By doing this:

A number of states have reached out to us asking for relief, and you should expect to see approvals that will unlock treatment for people in need. And those approvals will come very, very fast. Not like in the past -- very, very quickly.
    "very, very quickly" like his promise to release the JFK files...which he then "trailer teased" about how interesting they were...then, didn't release them. Or, those letters he wrote to the families of those slain serving our country. Or, the sanctions against Russia. Or, releasing his tax returns. Or, Infrastructure Week. Or, filing his own taxes. Or, almost anything from his Contract with the American Voter.

What are Trump's biggest achievements since in office? Saying things, but not doing things.