https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...fter-gag-order

Donald Trump’s bitter attacks on the daughter of a judge presiding over the former president’s upcoming criminal hush-money trial have no basis in fact, a spokesperson for the New York Office of Court Administration told The Daily Beast Wednesday evening.

Less than a day after Judge Juan Merchan issued a limited gag order barring the former president from lashing out publicly at prosecutors, court staff, and any of their family members, Trump posted an unhinged screed targeting both Merchan and his 34-year-old daughter—referencing an alleged X post–formerly Twitter–she made showing him behind bars.

“Judge Juan Merchan, who is suffering from an acute case of Trump Derangement Syndrome (whose daughter represents Crooked Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Adam ‘Shifty’ Schiff, and other Radical Liberals, has just posted a picture of me behind bars, her obvious goal, and makes it completely impossible for me to get a fair trial) has now issued another illegal, un-American, unConstitutional ‘order,’ as he continues to try and take away my Rights,” Trump posted Wednesday morning on Truth Social, the social media clone he started after being kicked off the microblogging site for inciting violence.

The only problem, OCA spokesperson Al Baker said, is that the account in question does not belong to Judge Merchan’s daughter.

The X, formerly Twitter, account being attributed to Judge Merchan’s daughter no longer belongs to her since she deleted it approximately a year ago,” he said. “It is not linked to her email address, nor has she posted under that screenname since she deleted the account.

Rather, it represents the reconstitution, last April, and manipulation of an account she long ago abandoned.
    Once again, Donald tags the wrong person. Though at least this time there's an excuse for why he might think it was the right person. Why would anyone on Twitter ever lie about their identity though?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Joe Lieberman is dead! No really cares because he was an insufferable prick. Especially later in his career.
    His biggest fans were :
    • John McCain
    • William F. Buckley
    • Dick Cheney
    • Donald Trump - why Im dumping this in the Trump thread.
    • Betsey DeVos
    • Krysten Sinema

Ya, Al Gore sure did fuck up picking him in 2000. But if VP is your single voting issue, you're on the spectrum of dumb.

He played an absolutely critical role in making sure that the Affordable Care Act had no public option.
    Lieberman ran around accusing the Democratic Party of treason for opposing the Iraq War, claiming publicly in 2007, “They’re already asleep about the consequences of an American defeat in Iraq for our national security.”

Lieberman always had a soft spot for Trump. Speculating that the latter could run for president in 2000, Lieberman said in 1999, “The Donald is quite a ladies’ man. He’s going to have, if elected, an all-female cabinet…. Secretary of Energy Carmen Electra, Secretary of Defense Xena the Warrior Princess.”
    Kids might have a tough time remembering the awful brand of comedy that peaked in the early 2000s.

Lieberman sucked until the end. He continued to push the No Labels ratfucking nonsense to hurt Democrats. He had a new favorite senator–Krysten Sinema, who he championed leaving the Democratic Party to become her own personal brand.
    Kinda explains Sinema as the most shallow and self-serving senator since Lieberman and in that body, that’s saying a lot.

So good riddance to Joe Lieberman. He’s probably off trying to create a third party of afterlife.
    Government Affiliated Snark

https://newrepublic.com/post/180225/...tman-disbarred

Donald Trump’s former lawyer has been recommended for disbarment, and according to the presiding judge, it’s for a very good reason.

State Bar Court of California Judge Yvette Roland recommended Wednesday that Eastman’s law license be put on “involuntary inactive” status starting three days after her ruling. Roland also recommended that he pay a $10,000 fine to the State Bar of California Client Security Fund.

“The court rejects Eastman’s contention that this disciplinary proceeding and Eastman’s resultant discipline is motivated by his political views or his representation of President Trump or President Trump’s Campaign,” Roland said in her ruling. “Rather, Eastman’s wrongdoing constitutes exceptionally serious ethical violations warranting severe professional discipline.”

But one other line in particular stood out in the ruling: “The scale and egregiousness of Eastman’s unethical actions far surpasses the misconduct at issue in Segretti.”

Donald Segretti, of course, was the lawyer who worked on Richard Nixon’s reelection campaign and who coined the term “ratfucking.” Segretti first came up with “ratfucking” when he was at the University of Southern California, where he and his friends would sabotage campus elections, including by stuffing ballot boxes, planting spies on opponents’ teams, and spreading disinformation.
    I think being compared to Nixons team in Watergate, especially the guy who coined "ratfucking" as a tactic, is probably not so good.

But Eastman’s transgressions are worse, according to Wednesday’s ruling, because he took those actions in the course of his role as Trump’s lawyer. Segretti’s actions occurred outside his legal role.

What’s more, when Segretti faced trial, the “court found compelling mitigation based on his expressed remorse and recognition of his wrongdoing,” Roland wrote. But “no such mitigating factor is present with Eastman. To the contrary, Eastman has exhibited an unwillingness to acknowledge any ethical lapses regarding his actions, demonstrating an apparent inability to accept responsibility.”

Eastman helped lead Trump’s legal efforts to undermine the election results and prevent certification of the votes, including by appealing directly to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. He also helped try to implement the plan to create slates of fake pro-Trump electors in states that Joe Biden had won.
    Eastman is, very likely, professionally ratfucked. Purely by his own voluntary behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    “The scale and egregiousness of Eastman’s unethical actions far surpasses the misconduct at issue in Segretti.”
    That sounds like something that might show up in a criminal trial. Like, if the ABA is that against what he did as a lawyer, a judge who is themselves a lawyer would be tempted to agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    It continues to amaze me how loudly unrepentant Republicans have become. Its not just the amount and degree of unethical activities, but how "loud and proud" they are going about them.

Society as a whole will tolerate getting fucked as long as you get out by morning and dont make a mess. But this "fuck em hard and shit on the carpet" attitude only to turn around and be proud of how big their shit and demand you cook them breakfast just boggles my mind.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    It continues to amaze me how loudly unrepentant Republicans have become. Its not just the amount and degree of unethical activities, but how "loud and proud" they are going about them.
    They rarely/never face any consequences for their behavior. They have no incentive not to be the worst people imaginable...since that's exactly what their voters want. Since they have no actual policy to run on, their only remaining option is to appeal to this garbage in hopes that they can keep riling people up enough to vote against their interests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post

Society as a whole will tolerate getting fucked as long as you get out by morning and dont make a mess. But this "fuck em hard and shit on the carpet" attitude only to turn around and be proud of how big their shit and demand you cook them breakfast just boggles my mind.
    They view themselves at martyrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    They view themselves at martyrs.
    Ah yes, the self sacrifice of having to fuck us and shit on the rug.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Quite literally in some cases -
    Yeah, this is why I still get pretty heated over the light treatment of these folks. An insurrection is one thing, this is just gross.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Matrix is rightfully calling us dumb again. Trump decides he is going sell Bibles during perhaps the holiest week on the Christian side of the Abrahamic religions and the Religious Right is letting him get away with it. Clowns. That's what anyone outside of the US should be calling him. I need one of them to make it make sense. I'm convinced none of them can actually read.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The Matrix is rightfully calling us dumb again. Trump decides he is going sell Bibles during perhaps the holiest week on the Christian side of the Abrahamic religions and the Religious Right is letting him get away with it. Clowns. That's what anyone outside of the US should be calling him. I need one of them to make it make sense. I'm convinced none of them can actually read.
    They're convinced that this symbol of wealth, greed, and lechery is "holy and sanctified" in his mission because despite him violating basically every single one of the ten commandments they see him as "standing up against the institutional depravity" of the "heathen liberals." They eat that nonsense up.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    despite him violating basically every single one of the ten commandments
    Something they'll readily wave off as "God choosing an imperfect servant" or some such nonsense.

A little late to the Bible grift but it's awesome! I just watched vid and this bible also includes; the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence and Pledge of Allegiance. I mean people this is a grrrreat value for $59.99.

This really is the con man sitting around and is saying "what can we sell to my idiot rubes?". Hey I read that of course Trump Social stock skyrocketed first day of trading so once more; "Sucker born every minute".
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Something they'll readily wave off as "God choosing an imperfect servant" or some such nonsense.
    If they believed that, they wouldn't hide all those times they cheated on their wives. Clearly they know adultery is wrong.

Trump isn't "imperfect" he's just flat-out broken. Hey, has anyone seen Melania recently? Her son just turned 18, you'd think she'd be in the news doing something. Unless the idea of her son becoming and adult and moving out and leaving her alone with the man she married who's occasionally faithful to her and refers to her as property is, for some reason, unwelcome to her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    A little late to the Bible grift but it's awesome! I just watched vid and this bible also includes; the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence and Pledge of Allegiance. I mean people this is a grrrreat value for $59.99.

This really is the con man sitting around and is saying "what can we sell to my idiot rubes?". Hey I read that of course Trump Social stock skyrocketed first day of trading so once more; "Sucker born every minute".
    It's money laundering. Churches can't legally give him campaign contributions, but they can buy overpriced bibles from him.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    It's money laundering. Churches can't legally give him campaign contributions, but they can buy overpriced bibles from him.
    Sadly the IRS has not been enforcing any of that not to mention thanks to the supreme court there's more holes in those laws than Swiss cheese.

I really hope you americans do not vote that fascist back into office. While i am not sure if you still have an option, considering how republicans currently change local election laws.

I mean, he already tried to destroy your democracy with that insurrection. Probably you guys should vote for the other guy.

I could tell you from my country how voting a fascist into office ends. But i am sure most of you know how it ended, as your grandparents helped to get rid of the nazis in germany.

I hope it will not be my grandchildren that have to invade your home country to get rid of your nazis.

Trump's lawyers are now saying the Georgia election subversion trial should be dismissed because "First Amendment".

Donald Trump’s lawyer argued Thursday the former president can’t be prosecuted in Georgia for trying to steal the 2020 election because his alleged conduct was political speech that must be protected under the First Amendment − even speech that was lies.

“Falsity alone is not enough,” Trump's lawyer, Steven Sadow, said. “Clearly, being president at the time, dealing with elections and campaigning, calling into question what had occurred – that’s the height of political speech.”

Sadow urged Fulton County Superior Judge Scott McAfee to dismiss the charges against Trump because they are based on his statements questioning the election results and pressuring state officials to overturn them.

“It’s the speech that’s being punished,” Sadow said. “Take out the political speech, no charges.”

McAfee didn’t rule immediately on the request. But he sounded skeptical that he could make any decision about whether the First Amendment protected Trump before holding the trial.

Prosecutors argued Trump’s statements contributed to a wide-ranging conspiracy of making false statements to government officials, submitting false and forged documents and impersonating public officials. Trump asked Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a fellow Republican, to "find" the votes he would need to carry the Peach State.

“It’s not just that he lied over and over and over again,” said prosecutor Donald Wakeford. “It’s that each of those was employed as part of criminal activity with criminal intentions.”

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan has already rejected Trump’s argument that his statements are protected by the First Amendment, in a federal case with similar charges of election interference. Wakeford directed McAfee to her reasoning for a detailed explanation for why Trump is wrong.

“It’s not a basis for dismissing the indictment,” Wakeford added.

Trump and 14 co-defendants have pleaded not guilty to election racketeering. Four defendants have pleaded guilty. McAfee hasn’t scheduled the trial yet but prosecutors have proposed starting in August.
    Weird how they didn't try this same defense back when Trump was taking his mug shot after surrendering. I think they forget that the election had already taken place, recounts had already happened, and Trump and those involved couldn't find any evidence of any wrongdoing. I hope those lawyers are making sure they get paid.

All the while another defendent in the same case says it should be dismissed because.....

Gillen argued that no electors – neither Republicans nor Democrats – should have been recognized because a Trump and Shafer lawsuit challenging the results was still pending Dec. 14, 2020.

“There were no duly elected and qualified presidential electors from the state of Georgia,” Gillen said.

Gillen also complained about prosecutors calling Shafer and others “fake electors” and argued the phrase should be removed from the indictment.

“It’s a pejorative statement,” Gillen said.
    Aw, is the criminal upset that they're being called something after they tried subverting democracy? Is there anyone that's at least somewhat smart within Trump's orbit? Universe? Anyone?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    "First Amendment"
    He could not try that before, but now he's been given the gift that his mafia-level orders to Georgia were completely fine and legit. Therefore he changed his defense to compensate.

So no, it's not weird. It would be weird if I bought a $1,000 piece of art out of the blue, but it wouldn't be if I'd just been given $10,000.