Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Totally hilarious how even a thread such as this people turn it into a Trump thread. TDS anyone?

Ever on to topic...

So was the guy ever convicted or even tried in court?
    I mean we can bring up Clinton defending a rapist if that will help with the tear ducts

Who knighted this guy?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    -snip
    Who knighted this guy?
    That would be Margaret Thatcher as well, after four failed attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Who among us would be so disgusting, as to play devil's advocate for this man?

Challenge accepted.

Well, without knowing any of the facts (my default start point), I would argue that it seems he was never even charged with a crime, much less convicted. It's certainly possible that these allegations were politically motivated, or somehow deceitful in another way. Surely a woman as supremely powerful a Thatcher, both in actual power, and political clout, would have no need to care about gaining favor with someone, over this man. Lastly I would argue that questioning a woman as intelligent as Margaret Thatcher, feels like just asking to be wrong.

Also, LOL @Knights. Does anyone get to be Merlin, or ride a unicorn? It is possible to be granted at title befitting an armored man, on a unicorn, wearing a wizard hat, with like death metal playing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Who knighted this guy?
    He has the haircut right, assuming knights belong in period films.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Who among us would be so disgusting, as to play devil's advocate for this man?

Challenge accepted.

Well, without knowing any of the facts (my default start point), I would argue that it seems he was never even charged with a crime, much less convicted. It's certainly possible that these allegations were politically motivated, or somehow deceitful in another way. Surely a woman as supremely powerful a Thatcher, both in actual power, and political clout, would have no need to care about gaining favor with someone, over this man. Lastly I would argue that questioning a woman as intelligent as Margaret Thatcher, feels like just asking to be wrong.
    She Knighted Jimmy Saville (and she tried hard, getting four declines), who after his death was finally discovered to have had something akin to 80 cases of pedophilia (and there was very much traces of it being covered up). So it does look a bit sketchy, but it could very well be just be coincidence.