Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

BTW this whole protest has been co-opted and subverted by the people using it for political gain. Namely the president. It's supposed to be a protest against police brutality and it had nothing to do with the flag or the anthem.
    Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2017-10-11 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Speculating is fine on it's own, but it's worthless in a discussion. That's like saying goku could beat superman.
    Goku can beat Superman. You see Goku's latest transformation? Sit down, Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No they are not. You speculated, do you think your conclusion was logical, or were you randomly guessing?

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, you are dodging and deflecting. Trump just made a not-so-veiled threat to limit the First Amendment rights of news agencies he doesn't like. You are proving my point for me.
    And I don't care because he can't do anything. Or anything he do will be laughable.

Does putting their license up for review means he decides what is and isn't news? Or is there another part of the government that handles that just do it and then nothing happens because, unless he gets lucky, they probably aren't doing anything wrong.

If he wants to go down as the most time and money wasting President, he is free to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And I don't care because he can't do anything. Or anything he do will be laughable.

Does putting their license up for review means he decides what is and isn't news? Or is there another part of the government that handles that just do it and then nothing happens because, unless he gets lucky, they probably aren't doing anything wrong.

If he wants to go down as the most time and money wasting President, he is free to.
    Oh, so he's allowed to support taking away the Constitutional freedoms of others, because he probably won't ever do it...

That's a sweet argument you've got going on. Thanks for proving my point.

I'll go ahead and stick with my support of freedom, and Trump can fuck right off with his authoritarian beliefs.

Oh, so he's allowed to support taking away the Constitutional freedoms of others, because he probably won't ever do it...

I'll go ahead and stick with my support of freedom, and Trump can fuck right off with his authoritarian beliefs.
    And I'll go back to laughing at how Obama supposedly wanted to repeal the second amendment as badly as Trump wants to supposedly repeal the first.

Supporting something doesn't mean shit is going to happen. He'd be impeached so fast if he tried.

You're only whining about words. No one cares. He's an idiot... Move the fuck on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

And I'll go back to laughing at how Obama supposedly wanted to repeal the second amendment as badly as Trump wants to supposedly repeal the first.
    Hopefully, one would have opposed both. But hey, nice try. Your attempts to dodge and deflect are continuing to prove my point for me.

Hopefully, one would have opposed both. But hey, nice try. Your attempts to dodge and deflect are continuing to prove my point for me.
    Okay, super patriot man.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Supporting something doesn't mean shit is going to happen. He'd be impeached so fast if he tried.

You're only whining about words. No one cares. He's an idiot... Move the fuck on.
    Why should I move the fuck on? The head of the government just called to restrict First Amendment freedoms. When someone says they want to take away someone else's freedoms, I tend to believe that person. Trump has already tried and succeeded to do it on other issues, so ignoring it may yield the same results.

I'm glad I never supported or tried to cover for that authoritarian asshat.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    The government is the one pushing the issue. Look at Trumps tweets and the Pence PR stunt. The NFL and players union have guidelines in place that are being followed properly. Trump is trying to tell a private enterprise how they should conduct their business. I don't know how much more big government gets than this.
    Both those people are entitled to have any opinion they want and to say what they want. It may or may not be good optics but they are still entitled to state their opinion and to walk out of something they find offensive. What they are not allowed to do is take legal action against people who engage in lawful acts they disagree with. Trump can say he would like to see them fired all he wants, but he is not allowed to actually fire or jail them himself or sign legislation that would make that protest illegal.

Okay, super patriot man.
    That doesn't even make any sense. Once again, your attempt to dodge and deflect only proves my point for me.

Trump supporters are nothing if not predictable.

(This is the part where you claim you don't even like Trump)

That doesn't even make any sense. Once again, your attempt to dodge and deflect only proves my point for me.

Trump supporters are nothing if not predictable.

(This is the part where you claim you don't even like Trump)
    But I thought trump supporters mindlessly agreed with everything he did?

Did you forget your own talking points that fast?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many of these outraged, triggered, snowflakes actually stand for the anthem when it plays on the telly .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

But I thought trump supporters mindlessly agreed with everything he did?

Did you forget your own talking points that fast?
    Not at all, you are trying to rationalize and deflect. Once again, thanks for proving my point for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I wonder how many of these outraged, triggered, snowflakes actually stand for the anthem when it plays on the telly .
    Almost none. The same goes for every military member and veteran. Each and every one of them ran indoors before Reveille or Retreat.

The players are at work, they do what the employers wants. They can their freedom of expression on their own time.

Not at all, you are trying to rationalize and deflect. Once again, thanks for proving my point for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost none. The same goes for every military member and veteran. Each and every one of them ran indoors before Reveille or Retreat.
    What point? I'm not obsessed with Trump like you are?

Why should I move the fuck on? The head of the government just called to restrict First Amendment freedoms. When someone says they want to take away someone else's freedoms, I tend to believe that person. Trump has already tried and succeeded to do it on other issues, so ignoring it may yield the same results.

I'm glad I never supported or tried to cover for that authoritarian asshat.
    Forgive me if I call bullshit on everything you just said. I don't believe you. Mostly because I know you're incapable of understanding words.

This is where you back up your claims. Quote him and bring in examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

What point? I'm not obsessed with Trump like you are?
    Yep, that's part of the deflect and dodge strategy I've been talking about. You "not" supporters are nothing if not predictable.

The counter argument is correct. The players can kneel and do the black power fist all they want. At what point do the players stop? When they have no fans left? As viewership and interest in the games wane that is lost revenue for teams. The first amendment doesn't guarantee good decisions are being made or even certain public displays are in good taste. We have to remember this is a business.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-10-11 at 07:38 PM.

Yep, that's part of the deflect and dodge strategy I've been talking about. You "not" supporters are nothing if not predictable.
    Now I understand why you're terrified. If you honestly think everyone you disagree with is a Trump supporter, he's guaranteed a second term.

Spooky Scary yo.